• 105(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-09-22, 07:23)Statikk Wrote: There is a new build. I won't have a chance to test tonight though. Sad

Sept 22 EXE
Sept 22 PDB

So far, this build is working well for me - 3D ISOs and MKVs are playing correctly. I haven't noticed anything misbehaving - awesome work by afedchin! Big Grin
(2016-09-22, 11:08)stevious Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 07:23)Statikk Wrote: There is a new build. I won't have a chance to test tonight though. Sad

Sept 22 EXE
Sept 22 PDB

So far, this build is working well for me - 3D ISOs and MKVs are playing correctly. I haven't noticed anything misbehaving - awesome work by afedchin! Big Grin

I can confirm this.
I also concur. Everything seems to be working - HD audio, Dolby digital plus, 3d mkv and isos. Thanks afedchin!
any advice on which will i get?

zidoo x9s or himedia q5 pro?

must passthrough atmos and x flawlessly
must be good in upscaling to 4k or 1080p
picture quality must be great
no audio sync problem
no lags
supports hdr
fast and responsive
Asking in a htpc thread, I would definitely go with a Skylake NUC!

(2016-09-22, 12:27)bongchillog Wrote: any advice on which will i get?

no audio sync problem
no lags
supports hdr
fast and responsive
3D ISO is still not working for me with this latest build on a Philips Gioco passive 3D monitor with nVidia 960. Audio is there, but video still not showing. 3D MKV works on the same monitor. Will test this build on the LG TV later on.

Edit: on the main 3D set with Intel hardware everything seems to be OK now. Every kind of 3D container is displayed correct as far as I can see and test.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Everyone participating in this thread and @afedchin Build testing, please add the hardware that you are using for testing in your signature,that information may help others on what hardware to purchase.

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-09-22, 11:54)woronczak Wrote: I also concur. Everything seems to be working - HD audio, Dolby digital plus, 3d mkv and isos. Thanks afedchin!

I have a D34010WYK NUC and as above, all seems to be well.
AWESOME! thanks for the update - greatly appreciated Smile

mac mini - latest model, win10, intel 5100 gpu.
Unfortunately with the 9/22 build I still have the chapter skip/ff/rw issue with MVC MKVs that contain DolbyTrueHD audio. Sad Tested with Everest (which had the issue before) and also Warcraft. I'm running a DN2820 NUC.
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
Sweet!
I will install it and test it over the weekend.
Thanks a lot afedchin for your work Smile
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-09-22, 13:08)bollstedt Wrote: Asking in a htpc thread, I would definitely go with a Skylake NUC!

(2016-09-22, 12:27)bongchillog Wrote: any advice on which will i get?

no audio sync problem
no lags
supports hdr
fast and responsive

Interested in a Skylake NUC. I need it to be silent but my concern is the fan for cooling the CPU or is there a NUC with very low noise? any recommendations of specific models of NUC.

Thanks,
I will try 22 Sep build today with Intel NUC5I5RYK, latest Intel driver (15.40.28.4501) and Optoma GT1080 projector.I will send my feedback later today Smile
Hey all,

first of a BIG thanks for creating this build. I got a new 3D capable projector and I really had a hard time to get it working in Kodi (just with external tools and not reliable). Now I stumbled over your MVC fork and I love it (currently using the June build). All 3D I tested is working perfectly fine and out of the box! You made me happy Smile

I got a question regarding skins. If I would use a skin which is Krypton compatible would it work with this MVC version or would I miss like the 3D options from within a movie?
Even though I really like the clean and easy approach of the new Krypton standard skin, I am missing the Aeon MQ feeling when it comes to looking at the Video section.

Also a question which most likely noone knows the answer but I try anyhow Wink. I got a Intel BB NUC5i3RYH Rock Canyon i3 with Win10 64bit connected to a Marantz SR6010 receiver and since the NUC just has HDMI 1.4 I now tried to use a adapter from Display Port to HDMI which is able to support all this HDR, 4k whatever highspeed. This is working well beside when I start a 3D movie with this MVC version. It looks like the receiver does not get any video signal anymore once the 3D movie is started and I have to use the task manager to kill Kodi. Using just the HDMI 1.4 NUC output the 3D movie is working fine. Any thoughts? Smile

However again really happy this NUC specific release exists. Many thanks to the developers! Smile

NoTechi
(2016-09-23, 12:55)NoTechi Wrote: [cut]

Also a question which most likely noone knows the answer but I try anyhow Wink. I got a Intel BB NUC5i3RYH Rock Canyon i3 with Win10 64bit connected to a Marantz SR6010 receiver and since the NUC just has HDMI 1.4 I now tried to use a adapter from Display Port to HDMI which is able to support all this HDR, 4k whatever highspeed. This is working well beside when I start a 3D movie with this MVC version. It looks like the receiver does not get any video signal anymore once the 3D movie is started and I have to use the task manager to kill Kodi. Using just the HDMI 1.4 NUC output the 3D movie is working fine. Any thoughts? Smile

However again really happy this NUC specific release exists. Many thanks to the developers! Smile

NoTechi
You do not say what DP to HDMI 2.x convertor you use, but if it is the one from Club 3D then they say this is compatible with Intel Skylake and newer (6th generation core series). Maybe there is where it goes wrong?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10