• 111(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
I just updated post #1 w/all the proper settings. See the photo gallery there for the screenshots.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
A simple question : is it possible to migrate from/to Windows MVC build from/to Kodi Beta 3 and keep userdata ? Is it necessary to uninstall old version before ?
Thank you.
(2016-10-11, 21:45)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 21:20)Mr.Ampere Wrote: Hi!
I'm using a Intel D34010WYK NUC with the newest KODI software version. Everything works pretty well, but one problem popped up with every KODI software version I tried. After watching a 3D movie the main menu turns automatically in 2D. But if I start afterwards a 2D movie the projector (benQ W1400) stays always in 3D mode. So I have to setup manually the projector into 2D mode.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem? Thanks!

Did you apply the settings on the front page?

Yes
(2016-10-11, 22:22)NicCo Wrote: A simple question : is it possible to migrate from/to Windows MVC build from/to Kodi Beta 3 and keep userdata ? Is it necessary to uninstall old version before ?
Thank you.

I think your userdata will be intact but you will lose the MVC support if you upgrade Kodi Beta 3.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-10-11, 22:32)Mr.Ampere Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 21:45)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 21:20)Mr.Ampere Wrote: Hi!
I'm using a Intel D34010WYK NUC with the newest KODI software version. Everything works pretty well, but one problem popped up with every KODI software version I tried. After watching a 3D movie the main menu turns automatically in 2D. But if I start afterwards a 2D movie the projector (benQ W1400) stays always in 3D mode. So I have to setup manually the projector into 2D mode.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem? Thanks!

Did you apply the settings on the front page?

Yes

Preferable Kodi Setting

Settings/Videos/Playback/Adjust Display Refresh Rate/On start / stop
Settings/Videos/Playback/Stereoscopic 3d movies/Preferred mode
Settings/Videos -Acceleration/Decode 3D stereo videos/Checked
Settings/Videos/Dics/Play Main Movie
Settings/System/Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen/Unchecked
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-10-10, 08:16)afedchin Wrote: Kodi -> Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Playback mode of stereoscopic 3D videos should be Preferred mode
Kodi -> Settings -> System settings -> Dispaly -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Prefered mode should be Hardware based

Glad to see you back! Smile Thanks for all the work. I have enjoyed so many hours of 3D movies all thanks to you!
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
Big GrinBig Grin+1
(2016-10-11, 22:22)NicCo Wrote: A simple question : is it possible to migrate from/to Windows MVC build from/to Kodi Beta 3 and keep userdata ? Is it necessary to uninstall old version before ?
Thank you.
I would strongly advice you to backup your userdata folder when migrating from/to another test build even if userdata should be intact! At least backup your database folder or export your library to xml files (I do both). Once when I tried various non mainline Kodi versions, database was messed up and I spent entire weekend to fix it. I export library to xml files and take a copy of the entire userfolder every time before upgrading/downgrading Kodi.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2016-10-10, 10:48)weirdinin Wrote: I feel you man. The very same thing happened to me yesterday when I watched a 3D movie with TrueHD sound. But I figured out a solution. I had a Finnish audio track (5.1 AC3) also in the movie so I changed that and then ff and changed the audio track back to original Big Grin
Nice little trick there buddy Big Grin
I started re-ripping my 3D TrueHD movie and made sure to include a secondary audio track.
I tested with TMNT 2 and you are right, it works.
It's tricky though as you need to make sure the lip sync is perfect (a bit of FF or RW is needed) before switching back to the TrueHD/Atmos track, because if you touch FF/RW, you are screwed Confused
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Hi all,

I know that this thread is only for intel and mvc. Anyway I have two questions and maybe someone can help:

1. Is there any chance to have h/w accelaration for radeon chips in the future?
2. I was able to playback a 3D Bluray using the library provided but of course it's software only and my h/w is to slow. Software only is also used when doing playback of a 3D bluray in 2D mode. Is it somehow possible to have at least playback of a 3D bluray in 2D mode to be h/w accalerated? This works with kodi's main line. It will playback 3D blurays in 2D using h/w accelaretion. Unfortunately the mainline has a aspect ratio bug with tabbed and SBS movies.

Thank you,

am
hi am2015,

1. How knows... I'm not sure what some day ffmpeg will get MVC support.
2. You must decide or you want to watch 3D BD in 3D or in 2D. if you wanna to watch 3D BD in 2D only, just delete libmfx library, then Kodi will be unable to initialize MVC decoder and will fallback to dxva decoders as Kodi in mainline does.
(2016-10-13, 11:43)afedchin Wrote: hi am2015,

1. How knows... I'm not sure what some day ffmpeg will get MVC support.
2. You must decide or you want to watch 3D BD in 3D or in 2D. if you wanna to watch 3D BD in 2D only, just delete libmfx library, then Kodi will be unable to initialize MVC decoder and will fallback to dxva decoders as Kodi in mainline does.

Afedchin,

Is there some log I can provide to you, I'd love to get this working correctly on my system. I'm using I3 6100 chip with internal Intel GPU. No matter what I do, the movies glitch in 3d playback. its like they stutter every few seconds. It is working perfectly with madvr and Lav in mpc and also in Jriver with madvr setup.
I have no time to work on it.
(2016-10-13, 13:13)afedchin Wrote: I have no time to work on it.

understood, but if it works for everyone else, I"m guessing its probably not something in the build itself, maybe rather something on my end, a setting or something, but I have no idea how to decipher the logs even if I knew where to get them.
Do you have another PC or laptop w/compatible Intel h/w to check with? Basically to rule out your i3-6100? It seems most playback issues like what you've described have resulted from graphics driver incompatibilities. What's tricky is a newer beta or an outdated driver may work; need to experiment.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10