• 113(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-10-24, 04:51)SofaKng Wrote: Anybody have any good information on making Windows 10 with Kodi into an appliance? (ie. start Kodi on boot, restart if crashes, etc)

I'm a software developer and am familiar with several options (replacing the user shell with Kodi, putting Kodi into the startup menu, etc), but I'm wondering what people are actually using and what works the best. Windows 10 Enterprise also has a "kiosk" mode that also might be interesting in investigate.

I apologize if this is too much off-topic.

Waaaaaaaaay off topic, try the Windows part of the forum or Kodi4Launcher:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798
(2016-10-24, 04:51)SofaKng Wrote: Anybody have any good information on making Windows 10 with Kodi into an appliance? (ie. start Kodi on boot, restart if crashes, etc)

I'm a software developer and am familiar with several options (replacing the user shell with Kodi, putting Kodi into the startup menu, etc), but I'm wondering what people are actually using and what works the best. Windows 10 Enterprise also has a "kiosk" mode that also might be interesting in investigate.

Maybe this is what you are looking for?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136798

people who want a Kodi appliance just run LibreELEC ;-)
(2016-10-24, 13:22)Matt Devo Wrote: people who want a Kodi appliance just run LibreELEC ;-)
Give us MVC support on LibreELEC and we will Big Grin
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-10-25, 11:29)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 13:22)Matt Devo Wrote: people who want a Kodi appliance just run LibreELEC ;-)
Give us MVC support on LibreELEC and we will Big Grin

This is just a dreamBig Grin
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Has anybody else had issues exclusively on the Intel MVC build where movies, like Pacific Rim, just randomly stops as if the movie file is over? (It always stops at the same point, and usually 2/3-3/4 the way through on ALL the movies it on) This happens on several movies, and I have mentioned this before but got no reply or even acknowledgement of my issue. I am not complaining but wondering why I seem to be the only one who notices this issue. Its movie specific too, even when I re-rip the movie from a BD it does it, and I have tested this on 5 different Intel builds, and even ripped the BD with different hard drives and computers to isolate that it's not a computer issue. I also downloaded the film from an alternate source to assure its not an issue with my copy of the BD too. I take the same files and my KD A300 and my RPi2 doesn't have an issue with the file (aside from no HD audio on the RPi2 and horrible subtitle support on the A300)
(2016-10-25, 23:07)flipmode009 Wrote: Has anybody else had issues exclusively on the Intel MVC build where movies, like Pacific Rim, just randomly stops as if the movie file is over? (It always stops at the same point, and usually 2/3-3/4 the way through on ALL the movies it on) This happens on several movies, and I have mentioned this before but got no reply or even acknowledgement of my issue. I am not complaining but wondering why I seem to be the only one who notices this issue. Its movie specific too, even when I re-rip the movie from a BD it does it, and I have tested this on 5 different Intel builds, and even ripped the BD with different hard drives and computers to isolate that it's not a computer issue. I also downloaded the film from an alternate source to assure its not an issue with my copy of the BD too. I take the same files and my KD A300 and my RPi2 doesn't have an issue with the file (aside from no HD audio on the RPi2 and horrible subtitle support on the A300)

What Intel hardware configuration are you using?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-10-25, 23:07)flipmode009 Wrote: Has anybody else had issues exclusively on the Intel MVC build where movies, like Pacific Rim, just randomly stops as if the movie file is over? (It always stops at the same point, and usually 2/3-3/4 the way through on ALL the movies it on) This happens on several movies, and I have mentioned this before but got no reply or even acknowledgement of my issue. I am not complaining but wondering why I seem to be the only one who notices this issue. Its movie specific too, even when I re-rip the movie from a BD it does it, and I have tested this on 5 different Intel builds, and even ripped the BD with different hard drives and computers to isolate that it's not a computer issue. I also downloaded the film from an alternate source to assure its not an issue with my copy of the BD too. I take the same files and my KD A300 and my RPi2 doesn't have an issue with the file (aside from no HD audio on the RPi2 and horrible subtitle support on the A300)

Are these 3d iso files played in 2d, if so.. Yes i do
mine still just glitches or stutters. I can't believe this isn't an issue for anyone else.
(2016-10-25, 23:24)movie78 Wrote:

What Intel hardware configuration are you using?

Currently I have 3 completely different chipsets, but I have had 5 so far. i7-6700k (had the i5-6500k before but I sold it), different motherboards, first was a Gigabyte and now an MSI (way better boards btw). Neither using the Intel graphics or using Nvidia graphics matter. Microsoft Surface 3 which is a x7 Cherry Trail I believe, just no HD audio, but still same problem. My last setup is actually a Core 2 Quad running on an Nvidia GT730 which has proven to be quite reliable (for movies that do not suffer from the premature stopping) and has no flip eyes issues at all ironically, perhaps because there are no Intel driver issues in that setup I am certain of! I have also tried on my GTX 780 before it bit the dust, and have tried on a friends X97 (forgot CPU model) with and without his GTX1080 and it makes NO difference. It's 100% not my setup. I would totally provide an error log but there is not one for it because Kodi literally thinks its the end of the movie and stops playback and goes back to the previous screen as it normally does. I guess I should correct myself, the issue is not with the "Intel" portion of this build, but the Windows version of this build.

(2016-10-26, 09:13)Skank Wrote:

Are these 3d iso files played in 2d, if so.. Yes i do

No I am talking about 3D ISO played in 3D. Also does not matter if I play them in 2D, and it does not matter if I remux them with MakeMKV.
(2016-10-26, 12:49)robl45 Wrote: mine still just glitches or stutters. I can't believe this isn't an issue for anyone else.

Actually I have noticed something similar...When playing back a 3D MVC file with Dolby Atmos Soundtracks, the movie plays fine if I start the movie from the beginning. However, if I skip a chapter forward or backward, try to fast forward or backward, or restart the movie where I left off, the movie halts (hangs up) without any sound. Luckily the STOP function still works and returns the display back to Kodi. All non-Atmos containing 3D movies (including DTS-X 3D Movies) work fine without hanging up. I have an Intel NUC NUC5i5RYH running under windows 10, and I only saw this peculiar behavior with the September 22 Windows MVC Build and the Beta Intel Graphics Driver released in September..
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99
Hi,

I have the D34010wyk wit 4gb but am experiencing some judder on 1080p files. I have just got a 4k TV and wonder whether it just doesn't have the grunt to drive a 4k panel. Would be interested to hear other's experiences with a similar set-up. Cheers
(2016-10-26, 17:39)pinn Wrote: Hi,

I have the D34010wyk wit 4gb but am experiencing some judder on 1080p files. I have just got a 4k TV and wonder whether it just doesn't have the grunt to drive a 4k panel. Would be interested to hear other's experiences with a similar set-up. Cheers
Is that an i3 Nuc? I have a mini dell pc with an Intel j1800 it plays 1:1 rips through Samba shares with out a problem. It's connected to a Samsung JS8500 4K set, through an Onkyo receiver.

Sent from my HTC 10

I've had the same problem as well but I've only seen it happen on one movie so far The Huntsman Winter War. It stops 3/4 into the movie and does it every time.
There is a new build available! 10/27/2016 I'm guessing it's based on Beta 4.

Thanks afedchin!! Smile

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...wip-PDB.7z
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10