• 116(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Which version of windows do you have? Do you enable Stereo 3D at display setting of Control Panel?
(2016-10-30, 21:11)Siutsch Wrote:
(2016-10-30, 15:07)ppoulos Wrote:
(2016-10-30, 14:50)woronczak Wrote: I would try connecting ur htpc directly to the projector, rebooting the computer and see if that works. could try different hdmi cable as well....

(2016-10-30, 13:13)Siutsch Wrote: But my PS3, who can play 3D Blurays can play them through the HDMI switch and my beamer detects 3D automatically if I use this, so I think, it must work with my HTPC too.

Also part of your problem may be a timing issue, so make sure the projector is on first before your computer reboots or turns on.

Thank you both for these tips, I will try that and report back.

I connected my HTPC directly to my beamer with a 15m HDMI cable and now KODI let me set the Preferred Mode to Hardware based, without a reboot of Windows. Smile

Unfortunately my Ligawo HDMI switch has no EDID Manager build in (newer ones have), so I ordered an additional EDID manager.

Thanks for that fantastic tip. Smile
Hi @hdmkv,

Thanks for the great thread! I've finally decided to go down the nuc route but it opens up a whole host of other questions. I guess my main one is though, for pure kodi media streaming of full blu ray HD 3d, bitstreaming, will the gigabyte brix perform exactly the same as the i3 or i5 nucs? Obviously the reason I ask is that the brix can be purchased for £300 less! I'm not prepared to give up on quality though, regardless of price! I will only be using it to stream my uncompressed blu rays, many of which are 3d, from my nas. Thanks very much again!
Which Gigabyte Brix? Need not be Intel NUC if the h/w is right.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
The 1900 (from your spreadsheet) and the 2807 (not on your spreadsheet but slightly more powerful?) are both available barebones for under £100. What would be your personal recommendation for pure kodi and no problems whatsoever with frame rates etc, maybe the odd car racing game when the mood takes me :-) Can the brix cut it?
I'm not familiar w/Celeron N2807, but Celeron J1900 should support MVC and HD audio. Had at least one user report several months ago confirming this.
My HT
Hi Guys,

I need some help please.

Im using my Windows 10 based HTPC and its been setup with the updated build from the first post in this thread. However, i am having trouble with getting 3D ISO Blurays to work.

They start off working perfectly fine, i start playing the movie, can disable or enable the 3d mode. Its using Hardware based solution.

However, i start seeing problems after about 3-6mins of playback. The films picture starts slowing down, and then freezes. The audio continues to play fine, just the image freezes.

Also i am unable to skip to next chapter, forward etc.. Is that normal for 3d bluray iso files?

I really don't want to have to buy another device to play all my 3d iso files. But if i had i would probably order a Zidoo X9S, however i would rather get this device to work properly instead.

thanks for the help!
(2016-11-04, 13:44)hdmkv Wrote: I'm not familiar w/Celeron N2807, but Celeron J1900 should support MVC and HD audio. Had at least one user report several months ago confirming this.

I have J1800 Dell Micro PC and and it does just that with no problem.

Sent from my HTC 10
[double post] sorry
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2016-11-04, 09:12)chocco Wrote: The 1900 (from your spreadsheet) and the 2807 (not on your spreadsheet but slightly more powerful?) are both available barebones for under £100. What would be your personal recommendation for pure kodi and no problems whatsoever with frame rates etc, maybe the odd car racing game when the mood takes me :-) Can the brix cut it?
It seems, when comparing both CPU's, the J1900 had the upper-hand of those two?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2016-11-04, 14:05)KILLERNADS Wrote: Hi Guys,

I need some help please.

Im using my Windows 10 based HTPC and its been setup with the updated build from the first post in this thread. However, i am having trouble with getting 3D ISO Blurays to work.

They start off working perfectly fine, i start playing the movie, can disable or enable the 3d mode. Its using Hardware based solution.

However, i start seeing problems after about 3-6mins of playback. The films picture starts slowing down, and then freezes. The audio continues to play fine, just the image freezes.

Also, i am unable to skip to next chapter, forward etc.. Is that normal for 3d Bluray iso files?

I really don't want to have to buy another device to play all my 3d iso files. But if i had i would probably order a Zidoo X9S, however i would rather get this device to work properly instead.

thanks for the help!

What hardware are you using, it will be easy for someone the same hardware to help you because this MVC issue varies.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Started adding Kaby Lake and Apollo Lake h/w to spreadsheet in post #1.

So far, the issues seem to be as follows (@movie78 and others, please correct anything I may have gotten incorrect)...
  1. 3D MVC only works when resolution is set to 1920x1080p. Perhaps @afedchin or another dev can comment on possiblity of getting 3D to work while leaving PC at 3840X2160p (some kind of auto-switch)
  2. 4K H.264 and HEVC work fine, as does 10-bit
  3. HDR does not work. Seems to require a recent build of Windows 10, and for Kodi devs to add HDR support to Kodi app itself
  4. H/W w/HDMI 1.4 only (like MSI Cubi2 Kaby Lake) require a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter (to get HDCP2.2 and 4K @ 60Hz). But, it seems flaky
My HT
(2016-11-04, 15:49)hdmkv Wrote: Started adding Kaby Lake and Apollo Lake h/w to spreadsheet in post #1.

So far, the issues seem to be as follows (@movie78 and others, please correct anything I may have gotten incorrect)...
  1. 3D MVC only works when resolution is set to 1920x1080p. Perhaps @afedchin or another dev can comment on possiblity of getting 3D to work while leaving PC at 3840X2160p (some kind of auto-switch)
  2. 4K H.264 and HEVC work fine, as does 10-bit
  3. HDR does not work. Seems to require a recent build of Windows 10, and for Kodi devs to add HDR support to Kodi app itself
  4. H/W w/HDMI 1.4 only (like MSI Cubi2 Kaby Lake) require a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter (to get HDCP2.2 and 4K @ 60Hz). But, it seems flaky

1-Correct
2-I think if the media type file can enable the auto switch resolution even though your default resolution is set to 1920X1080p or 3840X2160p that would be great.
3- I don't know if HDMI 1.4 can handle 3840X2160p or 4096 × 2160p but with MSI Kabylake I was able to change the resolution to 3840X2160p and 4096 × 2160p without any issue
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-11-04, 15:00)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-11-04, 14:05)KILLERNADS Wrote: Hi Guys,

I need some help please.

Also, i am unable to skip to next chapter, forward etc.. Is that normal for 3d Bluray iso files?

thanks for the help!

What hardware are you using, it will be easy for someone the same hardware to help you because this MVC issue varies.

Hardware i have is:

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Screen res: 1920x1080 @ 59.94Hz - Full screen
Direct3D version: DirectX 11.1

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k CPU @ 3.40Ghz
4GB Ram

Build: Kodi 17.0-Beta6

I couldnt upload to pastbin, as it was too large.

Ive uploaded the file at this link:

https://ufile.io/88510

Please if you could download and take a look! I was trying to play Finding Dory 3D ISO file. But i switched to 2D mode, it ran for a few minutes before the video froze, audio was still playing. I then reversed the video to the start and pressed STOP.

Thanks
@hdmkv do still have your dell Inspiron 3050 if so is the new build working correctly.
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10