• 117(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
First off, thanks for this build. I was looking for a way to play my 3D ISOs for a while now and mistakenly found this thread from another site. I tried the most recent build on my Surface Pro 3 and it worked like a charm.

I have two quick questions:

Should audio always be coming out as LPCM? At first I thought that the Surface Pro 3 didn't support bit streaming, however, I recalled that when I tested Powerdvd my receiver did show dts hd-ma. That same movie in this build shows PCM. I tested various movies and they all show LPCM.

So am I doing anything wrong? Why would My receiver show DTS HD-MA with Power DVD and not this build?

Secondly, is it recommended not to change the skin for this build?
(2016-11-04, 18:18)KILLERNADS Wrote: Ive uploaded the file at this link:
First of all, fix all errors like this Can't connect to "\\192.168.1.11\multimedia" with username "admin" and with password because of conflict of credential. it's not possible to analizy a log file where most of all messages are such. Secondly, enable debug logging.

(2016-11-05, 14:09)alucard77 Wrote: Secondly, is it recommended not to change the skin for this build?
you can use any skin which supports Kodi v17
(2016-11-05, 06:00)bdreams Wrote: @hdmkv do still have your dell Inspiron 3050 if so is the new build working correctly.
I do, but it's gathering dust on a shelf. Planning to eBay it. Need to do same w/my Celeron 2820 NUC. Using just D34010WYK NUC. Why?... are you having issues w/Dell 3050?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Yes lots of stuttering stop and go on ISO and mkv 3D I had switch to win 10 enterprise lstb going back to win 10 pro to see if its the lstb version I will update has soon has I switch back. Was working fine with previous build
(2016-11-05, 14:35)afedchin Wrote:
First of all, fix all errors like this Can't connect to "\\192.168.1.11\multimedia" with username "admin" and with password because of conflict of credential. it's not possible to analizy a log file where most of all messages are such. Secondly, enable debug logging.

(2016-11-05, 14:09)alucard77 Wrote: Secondly, is it recommended not to change the skin for this build?

Okay thanks, but how would i fix those errors? Maybe its saying conflict of credentials because im using a shared SQL database between various devices, i wouldnt really know. Anyhow, couldnt you just ignore all of those errors as they are bunched togather at the start of the log file? Just skip to the end of the file where the frame errors start happening. Its like 3d works fine for a few minutes but then it runs out of memory and no more frames can be produced?! I have no idea, im just assuming here from what ive seen from the log file.
(2016-11-05, 18:28)KILLERNADS Wrote:
(2016-11-05, 14:35)afedchin Wrote:

Okay thanks, but how would i fix those errors? Maybe its saying conflict of credentials because im using a shared SQL database between various devices, i wouldnt really know. Anyhow, couldnt you just ignore all of those errors as they are bunched togather at the start of the log file? Just skip to the end of the file where the frame errors start happening. Its like 3d works fine for a few minutes but then it runs out of memory and no more frames can be produced?! I have no idea, im just assuming here from what ive seen from the log file.

I think ive got it to work fine now!! Wohooo, just watched a film now and all seems to be working good again. Fingers crossed!

I dont really remember changing much, but one thing i can recall is that i changed the video fps from 23.96 to 24. That might have been what the issue was? So now ive just got it left at 24fps.

The only real issues i get with 3d ISO files now is that its very slow when skipping forward 10secs or by a chapter. Audio is playing in sync straight away, however theres problems with the video, somtimes it takes 10-30 secs for the video to play, or sometimes it just gets stuck completely on a single frame and doesnt change. Then i have to forward or reverse again to make it function properly.

Is there anything i can do to fix that? or if i want something fast and instant i should look for a standalone player like the Zidoo X9s etc...
I've decided to pull the trigger today on either the NUC6I5SYK or NUC6I3SYK. It seems silly that I was umming and ahing about a lesser powered unit so I thought I'd take away all my kodi doubts by getting something that would be able to cope with everything easily. Of course it's not as simple as that in my world though, and I was hoping someone might know the answer to this off the top of their head. Does the difference between the 520 and 540 graphics on the i3 and i5 chip have ANY effect on the the PQ of blu rays? I ask because the benchmarks say that the 540 has 50% more colour gradations than the 520. Is this just benchmarking or does it actually translate into a real world difference in picture? I'm also wondering whether the i3 will have enough grunt to play the odd game. I promise this is my last question. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Recommended settings isnt visible anymore in first post
Fixed. imgur has been acting up w/Kodi forum for a while now, and seems to be getting worse.
My Family Room Theater
I've now bought the NUC6I5SYK for delivery on Monday, I decided against the Kaby Lake Brix as I would have to replace my whole rig to play stuff at 4K60FPS, so I'll leave that particular move for a time when I' have more cash. I don't watch Netflix or YouTube and I play the odd game that would benefit from the better graphics the 6th Gen has to offer. I'll get it set up and report back on the success of 3D.
I want to buy an HTPC/NUC for BD/3DBD and for better PQ, I need to use Kodi SPDIF audio passthrough and DTS to DD 5.1 audio transcoding as I'm doing now on my RPi3 with HiFiBerry+. What do you think of the Barebone Asus VIVO VM62?

Specification:
Intel Core i5 4210U
8GB DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4400
HDD+SSD (1TB+128GB)
SPDIF out

Would you have any other advice? Thanks...
New build 11/12:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.pdb
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
Thanks @Statikk for the heads up, and of course @afedchin... added to post #1.
My Family Room Theater
Why does the screen go blank while playing a video and pressing 'c' for the context menu?
(2016-11-11, 20:26)rantei Wrote: I want to buy an HTPC/NUC for BD/3DBD and for better PQ, I need to use Kodi SPDIF audio passthrough and DTS to DD 5.1 audio transcoding as I'm doing now on my RPi3 with HiFiBerry+. What do you think of the Barebone Asus VIVO VM62?

Specification:
Intel Core i5 4210U
8GB DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4400
HDD+SSD (1TB+128GB)
SPDIF out

Would you have any other advice? Thanks...

Asus Vivo VM62 is a good choice for what i need? Thank you for your help.
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10