• 118(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-11-13, 15:19)rantei Wrote:
(2016-11-11, 20:26)rantei Wrote: I want to buy an HTPC/NUC for BD/3DBD and for better PQ, I need to use Kodi SPDIF audio passthrough and DTS to DD 5.1 audio transcoding as I'm doing now on my RPi3 with HiFiBerry+. What do you think of the Barebone Asus VIVO VM62?

Specification:
Intel Core i5 4210U
8GB DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4400
HDD+SSD (1TB+128GB)
SPDIF out

Would you have any other advice? Thanks...
Asus Vivo VM62 is a good choice for what i need? Thank you for your help.

You should focus on the iGP and that Intel HD Graphics 4400 will do just fine.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
OK I can confirm that the NUC6I5SYK works perfectly with the 3D build from September. Everything works exactly as I would expect with Kodi too. The problems I have are are presumably not related to this specific model so hopefully someone can help me that's mastered it already.

1. Is there a remote that I can use without using a mouse and keyboard? I do have a Harmony 350 and have tried programming in XBOX, MYCE keyboard etc but nothing seems to work. Could that be a problem with the IR drivers, even though I've updated them all? On my old Nvidia Shield, one of the good things about having the included gamepad as a remote was that you could use it to navigate all aspects of Android TV from the home screen to Kodi to game playing. I understand that the Xbox controller is natively supported with windows 10 so does that mean if I buy one I will be able to navigate completely around the system? The only success I hav currently is with mouse and keyboard which is not really ideal for HTPC use.

2. If I try and change the colour space to anything but RGB I get a green screen. Ideally I would like YCBCR 4.4.4. Can I achieve that? To be honest though, he picture is significantly better than the Shield, so it probably isn't that big a deal

If I get these ironed out it will be the best HTPC ever! Thanks for any help!
The November version doesn't work for me. Kodi crashes when it starts.
(2016-11-13, 23:54)chocco Wrote: OK I can confirm that the NUC6I5SYK works perfectly with the 3D build from September. Everything works exactly as I would expect with Kodi too. The problems I have are are presumably not related to this specific model so hopefully someone can help me that's mastered it already.

1. Is there a remote that I can use without using a mouse and keyboard? I do have a Harmony 350 and have tried programming in XBOX, MYCE keyboard etc but nothing seems to work. Could that be a problem with the IR drivers, even though I've updated them all? On my old Nvidia Shield, one of the good things about having the included gamepad as a remote was that you could use it to navigate all aspects of Android TV from the home screen to Kodi to game playing. I understand that the Xbox controller is natively supported with windows 10 so does that mean if I buy one I will be able to navigate completely around the system? The only success I hav currently is with mouse and keyboard which is not really ideal for HTPC use.

2. If I try and change the colour space to anything but RGB I get a green screen. Ideally I would like YCBCR 4.4.4. Can I achieve that? To be honest though, he picture is significantly better than the Shield, so it probably isn't that big a deal

If I get these ironed out it will be the best HTPC ever! Thanks for any help!
You need to program your harmony to the NUC profile - if your exact model is not on the setup, just choose another one. I have a dn2820 and a 3010u and both profiles work fine on the opposite model.
(2016-11-14, 00:12)Caramba69 Wrote: The November version doesn't work for me. Kodi crashes when it starts.

odd. i just installed it and no issues. debug log? how far does it get before it crashes?
(2016-11-13, 23:54)chocco Wrote: 1. Is there a remote that I can use without using a mouse and keyboard? I do have a Harmony 350 and have tried programming in XBOX, MYCE keyboard etc but nothing seems to work. Could that be a problem with the IR drivers, even though I've updated them all? On my old Nvidia Shield, one of the good things about having the included gamepad as a remote was that you could use it to navigate all aspects of Android TV from the home screen to Kodi to game playing. I understand that the Xbox controller is natively supported with windows 10 so does that mean if I buy one I will be able to navigate completely around the system? The only success I hav currently is with mouse and keyboard which is not really ideal for HTPC use.

1. I use a Harmony and a USB MCE PC IR receiver. Works great, never had an issue.

2. It's spelled color! (jk jk) I have my NUC set to YCbCr and don't have any issue. Are you using HDMI or DP? I'm using HDMI, but I did have issues with using the DP (but you have a newer model than me so it might not be that).

(2016-11-14, 00:12)Caramba69 Wrote: The November version doesn't work for me. Kodi crashes when it starts.

I haven't had any issues. Watched a few movies testing out my new TV last night/today too. Main issue is the skipping to audio going out of sync for me, but it didn't crash once.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-11-14, 02:52)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2016-11-13, 23:54)chocco Wrote: 1. Is there a remote that I can use without using a mouse and keyboard? I do have a Harmony 350 and have tried programming in XBOX, MYCE keyboard etc but nothing seems to work. Could that be a problem with the IR drivers, even though I've updated them all? On my old Nvidia Shield, one of the good things about having the included gamepad as a remote was that you could use it to navigate all aspects of Android TV from the home screen to Kodi to game playing. I understand that the Xbox controller is natively supported with windows 10 so does that mean if I buy one I will be able to navigate completely around the system? The only success I hav currently is with mouse and keyboard which is not really ideal for HTPC use.

1. I use a Harmony and a USB MCE PC IR receiver. Works great, never had an issue.

2. It's spelled color! (jk jk) I have my NUC set to YCbCr and don't have any issue. Are you using HDMI or DP? I'm using HDMI, but I did have issues with using the DP (but you have a newer model than me so it might not be that).

I haven't had any issues. Watched a few movies testing out my new TV last night/today too. Main issue is the skipping to audio going out of sync for me, but it didn't crash once.

Thanks for the responses! I'll try again, maybe with different models for the harmony and report back. Regarding the colour space, there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to change it on the nuc. Can anyone point me in the right direction? And finally has anyone had any experience with games playing on the nuc and can they recommend a gamepad that works? Thanks again!
Can someone please tell me what this build is based off? Is it based on the latest stable Kodi release? or is it based on the recent beta builds ie. Krypton?

thanks
Recent beta builds of Krypton... whenever @afedchin decides to release one. I haven't had a chance to test the latest 12-November build yet, but you'll see user posts if any issues (like the few posts above).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-11-15, 15:59)hdmkv Wrote: Recent beta builds of Krypton... whenever @afedchin decides to release one. I haven't had a chance to test the latest 12-November build yet, but you'll see user posts if any issues (like the few posts above).

Okay cool, thanks. Yeh i haven't installed the November build yet either and probably best to wait a while going from the above problems people are facing.

However, one issue that I'm currently having is installing addons. I can not install any addons or skins, everytime i try to install something, it says failed! "Dependencies not found" or something like this!

Anyone know why this would happen? Ive really been wanting to synchronise my TraktTV library but i can't because its just not installing the trakttv addon.
There is a bug with addons in the October release. Just try the recent November release. It is working flawlessly on my machine since two days.
(2016-11-15, 16:16)bollstedt Wrote: There is a bug with addons in the October release. Just try the recent November release. It is working flawlessly on my machine since two days.

Ah i see, thanks for that, i didn't know, thought that i broke something Smile

relieved now, will try the new release and hope for the best!

thanks
i noticed - and this could just be the beta release and nothing to do with the MVC version, that when I "clean" the Video Library, it gets to a point and then Kodi freezes; have to kill/restart the app. again - don't think this has anything to do with the MVC enhancements; rather a Kodi issue in general.

anyone else confirm this?
New Build 11/14

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.pdb

Thanks afedchin!! Smile
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
Guessing there were some issues w/the 12-Nov build for @afedchin to release this so quickly? Would be nice to see some sort of a changelog w/these.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10