• 123(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
@ Skank. It seems to be working for me on my NUC 2820. Is there a particular audio type that isn't working, or is it everything? I'm using MKV files with no issues so far.
Hi guys, is this release ok also for 2D viewing?

I have a Minix Z83-4 (x5-z8300), and looking at the spreadsheet in OP, this fork should be fully compatible.

I've lot of problems with standard Kodi 16.1 and 17 beta and nightlies, and I'd like to find a stable option.
With previous build I had issues with WASAPI stuttering and it seemed to automatically ffwd every few seconds (but maybe it was an hung button in the remote).
This night I'll try latest build and report any problems.

Thanks
@ilGimmy:

Usually, the 16.1. should be more stable than any 17 beta. Your problems sound to me more driver related. Have tired the Intel's Driver Update Utility? Especially the graphic drivers for barebone or atom systems are different to the regular intel driver.
(2016-11-21, 00:37)MrBfJohn Wrote: @ Skank. It seems to be working for me on my NUC 2820. Is there a particular audio type that isn't working, or is it everything? I'm using MKV files with no issues so far.

In every 3d iso
Can you try iso pls
Ahh, all of my movies are MKV's. I never ever watch extra features, so it would just be a waste of space for me to store iso's.
(2016-11-21, 18:48)Skank Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 00:37)MrBfJohn Wrote: @ Skank. It seems to be working for me on my NUC 2820. Is there a particular audio type that isn't working, or is it everything? I'm using MKV files with no issues so far.

In every 3d iso
Can you try iso pls
Or you can try 3D MVC MKVs.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2016-11-21, 14:14)bollstedt Wrote: @ilGimmy:

Usually, the 16.1. should be more stable than any 17 beta. Your problems sound to me more driver related. Have tired the Intel's Driver Update Utility? Especially the graphic drivers for barebone or atom systems are different to the regular intel driver.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for not being clear; the issues I drescribed in my previous post are all related to previous Kodi 17 MVC build.
The issue I have with 16.1 and all other "mainline" releases is that when the display frame rate switch from 60 to 23.976, directsound driver mutes itself, and I completely lose sound in Windows, too, until I kill Kodi.
Of course MPC-HC works fine without losing audio.

Regarding drivers, I'm using the same drivers listed in OP spreadsheet for Beelink devices, and marked as recommended.

I'm a bit desperate Confused
(2016-11-20, 16:56)Skank Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 12:20)Skank Wrote: @afedchin

Great work, last build is working again for me intel nuc 2820

no more stutters

However, skipping to next chapter or using bookmarks isnt worrking at all for me
Cpu goes upto 100% then goes down quick but nothing happens, worked before

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23499530/

Anyone?

Using the same build I have no issues with ISO or MKV playback, skipping chapters. I haven't used bookmarks; will test that.

I'm using a Mac Mini 2014/Bootcamp which has Intel 5100 graphics.
@TheShoe Try an MVC MKV with TrueHD/Atmos audio and then chapter skip.
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
(2016-11-21, 21:55)ilGimmy Wrote: Thanks for your reply. Sorry for not being clear; the issues I drescribed in my previous post are all related to previous Kodi 17 MVC build.
The issue I have with 16.1 and all other "mainline" releases is that when the display frame rate switch from 60 to 23.976, directsound driver mutes itself, and I completely lose sound in Windows, too, until I kill Kodi.
Of course MPC-HC works fine without losing audio.

Regarding drivers, I'm using the same drivers listed in OP spreadsheet for Beelink devices, and marked as recommended.

I'm a bit desperate Confused

Have you tried WASAPI as audio output instead of direct stream? Do you use passthrough audio as well or do you decode the audio stream?
(2016-11-22, 12:20)bollstedt Wrote: Have you tried WASAPI as audio output instead of direct stream? Do you use passthrough audio as well or do you decode the audio stream?

Yes, WASAPI was my first choice as I was following OP configuration suggestions.
Audio is set to 2.0, bitstreaming is disabled, as I'm only using TV speakers (the TV doesn't support any encoded format except PCM).

Yesterday I tried again, and it seems that the first video played (that requires fps switch) works well, then restoring fps to 60, break the audio, in Kodi UI, too.
With WASAPI you have lot of craclings and slowdowns, with Directsound you have complete silence (Windows UI is affected, too).

I opened a ticket on trac, I hope devs may find the issue.

However, just another question; is there anyone here using a x5-z8300 and has no issues at all?
Just on the off chance....is there any advantage to using PowerDVD 16 Ultra (currently on Black Friday sale) over the internal Kodi player? Kodi plays everything at passthrough quality now, doesn't it? Anyone prefer PowerDVD? Thanks!
(2016-11-20, 11:23)Caramba69 Wrote: I guess you need to have a connection to a TV that is capable of 3D.

And you've absolutely right... Got my new TV and 3D works perfect using Kodi, and finally I can choose "Hardware" on the right place!! Thank you Caramba... BeeBox is perfect!! Nod
(2016-11-22, 21:10)Lucas Rey Wrote:
(2016-11-20, 11:23)Caramba69 Wrote: I guess you need to have a connection to a TV that is capable of 3D.

And you've absolutely right... Got my new TV and 3D works perfect using Kodi, and finally I can choose "Hardware" on the right place!! Thank you Caramba... BeeBox is perfect!! Nod
You don't have a receiver?

Sent from my HTC 10
(2016-11-22, 21:14)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 21:10)Lucas Rey Wrote:

You don't have a receiver?

Nope, BeeBox is directly connected to my LG 65EG960V using HDMI 1.4
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10