Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
I'm not supporting PDVD over this build. I wish I could use this build instead of PDVD. In all fairness, 2 of you have replied:

"PDVD is cumbersome and a pain and there's lots of annoyances"
That's a bold statement without explaining anything?
What exactly do you mean? You don't have to go into detail. Generally speaking, what's so cumbersome, painful, and annoying?

"but it works way better than the cumbersome approach for PowerDVD as an external player"
What exactly works better?

"(PowerDVD) was a pain to set up and even if it was setup properly still wasn't good"
Another bold statement with no explanation.
Same question: Exactly what is a pain to setup and what wasn't good?

As for using PDVD seamlessly with Kodi, you create a playercorefactory.xml, copy and paste the code and you're done. I think I could do it in under 20 seconds.

Look, I like you guys and before this turns into some kind of petty argument keep in mind, this is a discussion board where we help each other. The OP asked a question. I answered it fairly. I also made it apparent I don't have the problems you have with your Atmos and such and it is definitely not a problem with PDVD as you made it appear. When I read your replies, it's as if you want to sum up my observations and opinions as a waste of read since you already tried PDVD and for whatever reasons (we wouldn't know, you didn't say) PDVD should be out of the question for anyone considering it.

Let's just leave it at, they are both good ways to render 3D MVC and each has it's advantages and disadvantages.
If anyone really, truly has problems with PDVD, I'm no expert but it works flawless for me, I'd be happy to try and help you.

I was hoping you might help me to use this build again now that I've upgraded and I can't anymore. I also asked a basic question about software vs. hardware quality.
That's what I'd really like to discuss if you guys or anyone else is so inclined.

The more I think about it, this is the wrong thread. Fuggetaboutit. Think what you want.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10/1909 MPC-BE\HC PDVD19 DVDFab3&5 KODI 19 PotPlayer 960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop=60Hz/Video=Matched Refresh rates 8/12bit/65JS8500 UHD HDR 3D

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by brazen1 - 2016-11-23, 23:34