• 125(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
OK thats funny because InTru3D normally is required for watching 3D Bluray with framepacking. Weird!

Actually I try to use this Kodi on different hardware. On a i5-3317U everything works perfekt.

With the same settings in Kodi on a N3150 Celeron I have only problems.
My 3D picture is some kind of vertical displaced when I switch to hardware based 3D. It doesn´t matter what kind of file I play.
SBS, HOU it the same. A 3D-ISO file plays in Kodi but only sound. I get no picture at all.
But on this computer a BluRay with TotalMediaTheatre works fine.

I don´t have any clue what wrong there.

Do you have any idea?
Braswell-based N3000 / N3150 / N3700 aren't supported unfortunately.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
OK.

Can you explain to me why? What the different between braswell celeron (N3xxx) and e.g. bay trail celeron (J1800) or another supported platform.
What is this thing what Kodi needs that this feature works. J1800 celeron are much older than braswell.

Is this hardware list final?
What about a i3-6100T. Will this work?

Thank you for your help.
Or a Pentium G4400? Will this work?

Does it depend on the features of the Intel HD Graphics?

Thank you for your help.
Yes, believe you need Intel HD graphics:

My HT
Ok so one of the J3xxx Celerons/Pentiums should work you think?

I have read all Intel specs and infos about this Intel InTru3D. And everywhere stands, that you need it for BluRay 3D.
Funny thing is that even my N3150 plays 3D Bluray with TotalMedia Theatre without any problem. Do you have clue why?

When I understand everthing right, then a i3-6100T should work as well?

Thanks again
i3-6100T yes. J1800/1900 also yes. Haven't seen any reports of J3xxx... you may be the guinea pig on that.
My HT
OK then I´ll try the J3710 first. Because from the overall performance its enough for a HTPC.

I´ll give it a try and let you know.

Thanks for your help.
I have one more question.

Does this special Kodi version decode the MVC stream from ISOs or MKVs in hardware or software?

Thank you.
(2016-11-24, 23:48)Coolio510 Wrote: I have one more question.

Does this special Kodi version decode the MVC stream from ISOs or MKVs in hardware or software?

Thank you.

ISOs and MKVs are decoded in hardware based.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
OK.

So I think I got it now. I found this in another post. Its from some intel document (Couldn´t find the original online)

Quote:Here is requirements from Intel document:

Hardware acceleration is available through hardware implementations of the Media SDK Library coming with Intel IrisTM and HD Graphics Driver for Microsoft* Windows* 7/8.1/10 on platforms with:

3rd Generation Intel CoreTM processors,
4th Generation Intel CoreTM processors,
5th Generation Intel CoreTM processors,
6th Generation Intel CoreTM processors,
Intel CoreTM M processors,
Selected SKUs of Intel CeleronTM and Intel PentiumTM processors with Intel HD Graphics which support Intel Quick Sync Video.
Selected SKUs of Intel AtomTM processors with Intel HD Graphics which support Intel Quick Sync Video.

So I think the feature that enable the MVC hardware decoding has to do with the Intel Quick Sync feature.
Filtered on Intel website all CPU with this QuickSync feature and got this:
Desktop CPUs: http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced?Qui...Segment=DT
Mobile CPUs: http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced?s=t...Video=true

This should be a list of all intel CPUs capable of using Kodi MVC 3D in hardware.

Could this be right?
(2016-11-25, 00:26)Coolio510 Wrote: OK.

So I think I got it now. I found this in another post. Its from some intel document (Couldn´t find the original online)

Quote:Here is requirements from Intel document:

Hardware acceleration is available through hardware implementations of the Media SDK Library coming with Intel IrisTM and HD Graphics Driver for Microsoft* Windows* 7/8.1/10 on platforms with:

3rd Generation Intel CoreTM processors,
4th Generation Intel CoreTM processors,
5th Generation Intel CoreTM processors,
6th Generation Intel CoreTM processors,
Intel CoreTM M processors,
Selected SKUs of Intel CeleronTM and Intel PentiumTM processors with Intel HD Graphics which support Intel Quick Sync Video.
Selected SKUs of Intel AtomTM processors with Intel HD Graphics which support Intel Quick Sync Video.

So I think the feature that enable the MVC hardware decoding has to do with the Intel Quick Sync feature.
Filtered on Intel website all CPU with this QuickSync feature and got this:
Desktop CPUs: http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced?Qui...Segment=DT
Mobile CPUs: http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced?s=t...Video=true

This should be a list of all intel CPUs capable of using Kodi MVC 3D in hardware.

Could this be right?

There has been some reported of hardware that are not on the list which worked with Intel MVC build, the answer is get a good one that will support all the Audio Format and there is no know issue with the GFX driver.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-11-24, 20:46)hdmkv Wrote: Braswell-based N3000 / N3150 / N3700 aren't supported unfortunately.

Is N2920 supported ? Bay trail Celeron, i think.

https://ark.intel.com/products/79053/Int...o-2_00-GHz
(2016-11-24, 21:54)hdmkv Wrote: Yes, believe you need Intel HD graphics:

So out of this chart, the Green ones are good or bad?
I think this is not sure. But I ordered a J3710 yesterday and we will have confirmation next week.
  • 125(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10