• 126(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
In the list stands: Ivy Bridge (2012) any not recomended. No 3D MVC support.

But my Laptop i5-3317U is an Ivy Bridge and 3D MVC works with Kodi.
How does this come together?
(2016-11-25, 16:59)Coolio510 Wrote: In the list stands: Ivy Bridge (2012) any not recomended. No 3D MVC support.

But my Laptop i5-3317U is an Ivy Bridge and 3D MVC works with Kodi.
How does this come together?
An author just hates IB Smile
3D works on Sandy Bridge too, but Kodi MVC decodes MVC in software mode only on SB.
So got the J3710 today and it looks like MVC 3D is not working.

I get the same behaviour as on the N3150.

Vertical displaced left and right eye picture when Kodi is on fullscreen windows. At real fullscreen 3D in menu is OK.
When I start a 3D-ISO there is only sound playing and the menu is in 3D mode. When I start a MVC-MKV there is only a 2D video visible and no 3D mode available.

Can someone confirm that these are the symtoms when hardware ist not supportet by Kodi MVC built?

TotalMediaTheatre works with 3D-Bluray but I think this is software decoded because I have a lot of artefacts in the video.

Greetings
Its GFX divers up to date?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I think so. The intel driver update utility installed 15.40.28.4501.

The J3710 should have a HD graphics 405, But every tool only shows HD graphics without a number.
Even in device manager no number.

EDIT:
There must be an issue with the Intel HD graphics driver. I only get 12 EUs shown in GPU-Z. The J3710
should have 18 EUs.

Windows updated the driver to x.x.x.4531 but without any change. Still no MVC possible.
I think it is the InTru3D feature that makes MVC 3D possible (Decoding MVC in hardware)

Look here. These are the HD graphics models with support for InTru3D.
Quote:Which Intel graphics support Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology?
Intel InTru 3D Technology is supported by the following products:

Intel® HD Graphics for Previous Generation Intel® Processors (formerly codenamed Bay Trail)
Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200
Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100
Intel® HD Graphics 4200/4400/4600/5000
Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500
Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000
Found here: http://www.intel.eu/content/www/eu/en/su...05683.html

And these are all CPUs which are meant with "formerly codenamed Bay Trail":
Found here: http://ark.intel.com/products/codename/5...Trail#@All

HD graphic only hast a number on i3/i5/i7. On Atom, Celeron and Pentium its only the name "HD graphics"
When you look in the list above, InTru3D is only supported by "numbered" Intel GPUs and the old ones "formerly codenamed Bay Trail" GPUs.

In the meantime I tested it on a IvyBridge i5-3570. An it worked well!
I ordered a i3-6100T now.
So which one are you going keep?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I would love to use a economical hardware like these celerons or pentiums with 6-10W TDP on a ITX Board.
But I testet two platforms now (N3150 & J3710) and none ot them worked.
Beside I testet it on two other PCs (i5-3317U & i5-33570) an it worked immediately.

So I ordered a i3-6100T now and if this will work I keep that one. 35W TDP but I think at idle or low load
it should have not much more real power consumption.
Hello community,
I'm using Kodi Windows MVC Builds by afedchin and it works perfect with SBS/TAB, FULL 3D ISO. As you already know, using the right filename, Kodi is also able to pick out the right 3D mode.
Now, I'm trying to use MakeMKV to rip FULL 3D ISO since I don't need extras and menu and I want to keep intact the BD quality. The result is a mkv file with the following data:

Code:
Video
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : Stereo [email protected] / [email protected]
MultiView_Count                          : 2

This could be correct. Now the question(s) is/are, does Kodi afedchin fork is able to read this Full MVC 3D rip? Which is the right name I have to use for this kind of rip?

Thank you
Lucas
Hi,

yes this Kodi MVC fork can play these MVC-MKV if you have the right hardware. (See list)
There is no special naming (such as 3D.SBS or so) of the files required.

Greetings
(2016-11-29, 12:24)Coolio510 Wrote: Hi,

yes this Kodi MVC fork can play these MVC-MKV if you have the right hardware. (See list)
There is no special naming (such as 3D.SBS or so) of the files required.

Greetings

Yes, I have the hardware (BeeBox) that can play 3D and supports MVC fork. Actually as I wrote, I can play SBS/TAB and FULL 3D ISO without problem.
Well, I'll proceed to rip some 3D ISO movies and then try to play them, I'll report later if necessary.

One more question, technically speaking there shouldn't be any differences between the FULL 3D ISO and MakeMKV Full MVC 3D rip, right?
Ah ok didn´t get that you already play 3D ISOs. Yes if that works also 3D MVC-MKV will work. Technically there is no difference in video stream.
ISO and MKV are only containers for video and audio stream.

MKV is a little more efficient in files size, and there are more players available that can play MKV instead if ISO directly (for the 2D part)
I think if you don´t need menu and extras, and only play the movies at your HTPC in 3D, MKV would be better. But it you need time to convert it.

But because you always need a player that can decode the 3D MVC stream from MKV, ISO would be more compatible with other software
3D bluray players.
(2016-11-29, 14:49)Coolio510 Wrote: Ah ok didn´t get that you already play 3D ISOs. Yes if that works also 3D MVC-MKV will work. Technically there is no difference in video stream.
ISO and MKV are only containers for video and audio stream.

MKV is a little more efficient in files size, and there are more players available that can play MKV instead if ISO directly (for the 2D part)
I think if you don´t need menu and extras, and only play the movies at your HTPC in 3D, MKV would be better. But it you need time to convert it.

But because you always need a player that can decode the 3D MVC stream from MKV, ISO would be more compatible with other software
3D bluray players.
Thank you for your explanation. I'll only using Kodi to play 3D movies, and yes, I'll play only main movie without useless (for me) extra stuff. Also I'll remove all the audio streams I don't need. However, with MakeMKV, it takes about 5/10 minutes to extract and make mkv container.
While MVC MKV's are more efficient than 3D ISO's, mostly latter is supported by 3D media players like Zidoo and HiMedia. Just something to keep in mind.

I was doing only MVC MKV's a couple of years ago, then switched to movie-only ISO's using tsMuxeR.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-11-29, 15:37)hdmkv Wrote: While MVC MKV's are more efficient than 3D ISO's, mostly latter is supported by 3D media players like Zidoo and HiMedia. Just something to keep in mind.

I was doing only MVC MKV's a couple of years ago, then switched to movie-only ISO's using tsMuxeR.

what is your pipeline for creating a movie only iso?

does it re-encode anything? can you easily repackage the audio into a flac container? but also keep the original?

are PGS subs fully supported? what about forced subs?

any audio synch issues?

what about full chapter support?

thanks in advance
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10