• 133(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-12-29, 13:11)DenisDA Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 11:43)Nelbert Wrote: Is it possible the 3D over HDMI 2.0 issue is related to the res / edid reporting issues similar to the apollo lake thread..... from memory frame packed is SBS with a 15 pixel buffer (could be wrong....) so if someone manually added it like the "custom" resolutions in the apollo lake thread it might work?

Just an idea don't have the hardware to check myself but thought they might be somewhat related issues as I'm following the apollo lake thread for potential purchase info....

This problem not in Apollo, is a problem of the transformer MicroChips MC2800, just the same problem on other hard with external DP-HDMI Club3D

And would forcing the display into the correct resolution not be worth trying or is it not possible? Frame Packed is just two full frames side by side with a pixel buffer.
(2016-12-29, 14:32)Nelbert Wrote: And would forcing the display into the correct resolution not be worth trying or is it not possible? Frame Packed is just two full frames side by side with a pixel buffer.
why not top and bottom? There are many formats in HDMI spec for frame packed.
(2016-12-29, 15:36)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 14:32)Nelbert Wrote: And would forcing the display into the correct resolution not be worth trying or is it not possible? Frame Packed is just two full frames side by side with a pixel buffer.
why not top and bottom? There are many formats in HDMI spec for frame packed.

I don't know why not, just think it's worth testing as could be a simple solution until drivers or whatever the underlying issue is fixed.
HDMI 1.4 defines only two 3D frame packing structures- one for progressive and another for interlaced. Both are top-bottom formats. The V-active space for progressive is 45 for 1080p. For 1080i it is 23 & 22. Total output resolution for 1080p is 1920x2205 and for 1080i it is 1920x2228. 1080i 3D is commonly output as SBS.
Ok so if your setup (for whatever reason) doesn't report one of those resolutions to Windows it won't know that it can output to frame packed? Or am I making too many assumptions?

With the supported resolutions issues in the apollo lake thread it just seems like a possible contributing issue....
(2016-12-29, 20:07)Nelbert Wrote: Ok so if your setup (for whatever reason) doesn't report one of those resolutions to Windows it won't know that it can output to frame packed? Or am I making too many assumptions?

With the supported resolutions issues in the apollo lake thread it just seems like a possible contributing issue....
Correct, it depends on your display's (and other devices in the display chain) EDID. You can override the reported EDID in Windows and it *may* work.
(2016-12-29, 20:16)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 20:07)Nelbert Wrote: Ok so if your setup (for whatever reason) doesn't report one of those resolutions to Windows it won't know that it can output to frame packed? Or am I making too many assumptions?

Correct, it depends on your display's (and other devices in the display chain) EDID. You can override the reported EDID in Windows and it *may* work.

Would be something for the lucky few with Apollo lake to check if 3D isn't working via HDMI 2.0.
I've been having troubles with Kodi freezing in the first 30-50 seconds or so off an episode (sometimes even movies) every time at the same second (multiple files, different shows). All I can do is ALT+F4 and ending Kodi process from the task manager.

Is anybody else experiencing this or can direct me to a possible solution - settings, drivers etc.?

Win10, i3 4160 + 22 dec build - latest updates and drivers.

Here is the log file - pastebin - I think towards the end there is something suspicious.
Hi everybody, i have test this version of kodi on my Vorke V1 ( Intel Braswell Celeron J3160 ) .
When i start the movie, my Benq w1070 switch to 3d mode, but the screen stay black.
The sound works fine.

I specify that the vorke V1 works perfectly with powerdvd 16.
Been testing Beebox-S 7200U and things look great. Slight audio problem though. I only have a 5.1 audio system and some movies are 7.1 only. I'm connected via optical pass-though. Problem is that kodi will always choose 7.1 track instead of 5.1 track... even after making system preference changes.

Also, can not figure how to downmix 7.1 to 5.1. So, not able to hear any audio if the bluray is 7.1 only.
(2016-12-30, 18:50)Jamey Wrote: Been testing Beebox-S 7200U and things look great. Slight audio problem though. I only have a 5.1 audio system and some movies are 7.1 only. I'm connected via optical pass-through. Problem is that kodi will always choose 7.1 track instead of 5.1 track... even after making system preference changes.

Also, can not figure how to downmix 7.1 to 5.1. So, not able to hear any audio if the Blu-ray is 7.1 only.

Did you try WASAPI?

Disable DTSHD & TRUEHD and see if the downmix works.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I'm running a beebox-s 7100u running this build and having some issues. First I couldn't get the box to recognize 4k into my onkyo nr838.

Now that is fixed, but neither HDMI port recognize 3d, and my display port To HDMI adapter does not either.

Should this adapter work?

DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a Active Adapter 4K@60Hz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B6ZOMIS/ref...zybVM4697G

Finally, what should my windows resolution be? I'm assuming it needs to stay at the 1080 3d option for 3d to work?

Here is what I've done.

Install windows 10. Plug beebox-s into hcdp 2.2 port on Onkyo nr838. Windows resolution 1080 with 3d on. Followed images at top of thread.

How do I know if everything is working properly?

I do know 3d is not, but how do I tell if all movies are playing as they should?

Thanks.
(2016-12-30, 20:04)Joshk6656 Wrote: I'm running a beebox-s 7100u running this build and having some issues. First I couldn't get the box to recognize 4k into my onkyo nr838.

Now that is fixed, but neither HDMI port recognize 3d, and my display port To HDMI adapter does not either.

DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a Active Adapter 4K@60Hz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B6ZOMIS/ref...zybVM4697G

Finally, what should my windows resolution be? I'm assuming it needs to stay at the 1080 3d option for 3d to work?

Here is what I've done.

Install windows 10. Plug beebox-s into hcdp 2.2 port on Onkyo nr838. Windows resolution 1080 with 3d on. Followed images at top of thread.

I do know 3d is not, but how do I tell if all movies are playing as they should?

Thanks.
Are you able to select the hardware option?

I have the same Beebox but I'm using the HDMI 1.4 output and 3D works fine for me.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2016-12-30, 20:10)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 20:04)Joshk6656 Wrote: I'm running a beebox-s 7100u running this build and having some issues. First I couldn't get the box to recognize 4k into my onkyo nr838.

Here is what I've done.

Thanks.

I have the same Beebox but I'm using the HDMI 1.4 output and 3D works fine for me.

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

While switching between outputs that option may have gotten reset. Is there a solution that supports 4k and 3d without swapping outputs on the beebox-s?
(2016-12-30, 20:19)Joshk6656 Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 20:10)fmedrano1977 Wrote:

Here is what I've done.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

While switching between outputs that option may have gotten reset. Is there a solution that supports 4k and 3d without swapping outputs on the beebox-s?
Haven't seen one mentioned on here.

Sent from my HTC 10
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10