Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-01-02, 07:13)woronczak Wrote: I don't think you can get the MVC MKV file output as SBS using this version of Kodi (which would mean converting it from one format to another). Like I said in the other post, it is Hardware-based output to get the 3d MVC MKV file to display "Frame Packed" output. To get SBS output, I would imagine you would need to encode the file into an SBS format (you would lose picture quality - it would not be the original picture) - as far as I understand it Kodi cannot do this on the fly.
Hm, okay. I figured that the left and right views would be decoded from the MVC data and both resident in memory before display, rather than something else where they wouldn't be available. If they are resident in memory at some point, that's all the conversion that would be needed rather than re-encoding the source file. I totally get that the main use case for Kodi is outputting to a TV/projector (which I do elsewhere in my house), and that the requirements for setting all of the proper modes on the display device are more stringent there.

Still, what I want to do feels like it should be possible (like Stereoscopic Player does), but I'm not familiar with the internals of Kodi so maybe there's something fundamental that I'm not aware of.

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by CyberWilhelm - 2017-01-02, 07:29
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10