• 150(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
I don't seem to have any issues with the last build I was using. Haven't tried the last 2 posted yet but I'm guessing they are just including things from the main Krypton build as that was finalized for release.

All my FF and RW works fine. The only problem I've had of late was watching Independence Day: Resurrection but that was a problem with the file on the disc. Got a new one and it worked fine, for a meh movie anyways.

Does sound like there's a ton of politics around Kodi though. One great add-on I used now seems far more difficult to find when it seems like something that should just be apart of the program in general. One long-time poster I enjoyed reading suddenly was banned to. Seems odd.
Well it has been a while since I have said anything here due to lack of feedback on some issues I was having, yes I said was and with great pleasure. The issues I experience in movies such as angry birds is now fixed, however I am not sure if it is a result in the latest build or my hardware change.
I now have flawless 3D MVC and flawless audio playback, (excluding main branch issues of course). As of January 27 MVC build and my hardware that is as old as the build.lol Skylake did nothing but infuriate me to the point where my 1st Gen Himedia Q10 was the only device I could watch a movie without some form of an event. Now I am not sure if anyone else has commented on this, but for those using Plex servers, if you have 3D MVC in MKV format, you can now add those to the server and stream them to your Kodi MVC build with the new Official Plex plugin. What is great is THAT version of Plex uses Kodi's integrated player, meaning all the features Kodi supports for audio and video is now used. 3D MVC in Kodi via Plex Official is great. You can add it through Video Plug-ins through the Kodi Reposatory, so no digging needed. You can also set it up so that Kodi loads Plex right away, so ALL of your movies are accessable without having to toggle between Plex and Kodi depending on your 2D or 3D need. If you build a system like I did, you can host Plex server and playback on the same system Wink

My current setup that I suggest if your willing to spend a few extra bucks over an NUC to have a more flexable system:
Asus Strix B150F Motherboard
4GB Kingston DDR4
Kaby Lake i5 7400

P.S. In case some of you are not familiar, Plex DOES NOT read ISO files, so you must use MakeMKV to add your MVC videos.
For my main theater i use Kodi MVC for all video. It is pretty much perfect. have watched hours and hours with no issues.

for audio it is JRiver all the way. It is simply the best for audio as it was originally designed for that. I have hundreds of DSD files for example and Kodi doesn't properly support them. JRiver runs in the background and Kodi always in the foreground. both are controlled via their respective apps on my tablet and voila! perfection

For all other devices in the house plus travel, i use plex. plex sucks at audio, can't do 3D, but excels at video transcoding, remote streaming outside the home network, device coverage is stellar, and it has some nice little touches.

so it is all three for me. i dont like the all-in-one boxes, eg Dune, PCH, Wetek.... with a custom built PC i will always have the greatest flexibility.
(2017-02-04, 12:16)NicCo Wrote: New build available (final build ?) :

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.pdb

Thank you very much afedchin Big Grin Wink

Thank you very much!
This is the final build right?
(2017-01-03, 12:11)ArieS Wrote: Desyncing, no audio at all after a few chapter skip forward. And also at some point you can't even skip back chapters anymore. It just starts from the beginning.
It happens only with 3D movies that have Dolby TrueHD or Atmos.
It's been like that since the first build so I doubt there's anything afedchin can do but of course only He can answer that Wink
I am experiencing this as well with any TrueHD movie. If I skip forward or backward, it seems to work the first time. After that, the time goes back to 0:00, the audio mutes, but the video seems to go where it was supposed to. It will then "play" for a short period of time before freezing. It also doesn't matter whether the TrueHD is bitstreamed or software decoded. Also of note, when this problem happens, the CPU usage goes from the usual 2-4% to 50-55%.

This the only major bug that I seem to have with it at the moment. Great work, and I really hope this bug can be fixed.
someone has tested a new nuc7? Smile
(2017-02-08, 10:59)afedchin Wrote: someone has tested a new nuc7? Smile
me, 2516377 (post)
with bad results.
But now the NUC is broken (doesn't power on) and goes retour.
arches canyon (NUC6) is not the same as baby canyon (nuc7)
http://images.anandtech.com/doci/10492/3.png
I just installed my NUC6CAYS with Windows 10 and Kodi 17. It works well so far, I have been watching Blu-ray folders without any issues. DTS works, still having issues with TrueHD.

I'll try to install the MVC version to test 3D in the next days.
Hi,
Did anybody test with one of the new Kabylake desktop CPUs?

I am asking because 3D isn't working for me with new Kabylake CPU and
it's graphic engine. It starts but I get KODI UI and Video, so not usable at
the moment. If the movie is played in 2D it works.
What is your motherboard ?
(2017-02-12, 03:32)Gizzmo Wrote: Hi,
Did anybody test with one of the new Kabylake desktop CPUs?

I am asking because 3D isn't working for me with new Kabylake CPU and
it's graphic engine. It starts but I get KODI UI and Video, so not usable at
the moment. If the movie is played in 2D it works.
Yes, I did. On a 1080p passive 3D PC monitor I have no issues whatsoever. Using only BR ISO's for 3D though, no MKV or other media with 3D.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Motherboard is a Asrock Fatal1ty Z270
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%...dex.de.asp

So I see you have a Kabylake Pentium. I have a i5 7500T and at the moment the
newest driver installed.

The issue is with Blu-ray 3D ISO files. I use a JVC projector and it was working fine
with the older i3 CPU (believe generation 4 or 5) and Asrock mainboard. Did all settings
from first post, but within the new driver some settings are different.
I have a Skylake Pentium, not a Kabylake (Pentium G4500).
I believe I've seen an issue with 3D and HDMI 2.0, perhaps your motherboard use a HDMI 2.0 port ?!
Should be HDMI 2.0, I was searching for such mainboards and it was mentioned.
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10