• 153(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
@safcsat, one thing you'll also want to check, if you have the 'Ant-Man' 3D ISO, is the scene at the beginning where Michael Douglas' character enters the conference room to talk to Stark and others. Look at the table (marble-like texture) and see if you see ghosting. @movie78 tipped me off to this issue, with certain graphics driver versions being plagued by this. For comparison on how it should look, you can try your HiMedia Q10 Pro on that scene.

Looks like I may be ordering a new NUC Big Grin!
Update: Seems too good to be true?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Given that 3D MVC works, and Netflix 4K should also work, I just might order one too! Only thing that I am waiting on is for somebody to confirm that Dolby Vision works. It looks like MadVR works too, so this just might be the perfect all-in-one device!
(2017-02-14, 20:52)safcsat Wrote: FYI - 3D does work!

Windows 10 - all latest intel drivers - Intel NUC7i3BNK. Kodi 17.

Just watched Mr Peregrines movie...in full 3D (3D BluRay iso)...amazing!
How do you connect your TV. DP? HDMI? can you provide more details?
(2017-02-14, 23:12)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 23:04)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 23:02)querty1000 Wrote: Nice to hear, the NUC6CAYH definitely doesn't work.

Super happy here, was only after I ordered that I read horror stories of it not working. Was so happy to see it did after all.

This is great!!!

Maybe you should provide some settings to help others.

No real special settings.

Installed Win 10 Pro.
Installed all windows updates.
Installed Intel driver utility and installed all latest drivers.
Installed Visual C++ 2015 redistributable's.
Installed Kodi 17 mvc latest build (Feb)
Changed Kodi to change refresh rate always
Changed Kodi to use default setting for 3d stereoscopic
Nothing else.
(2017-02-14, 23:17)hdmkv Wrote: @safcsat, one thing you'll also want to check, if you have the 'Ant-Man' 3D ISO, is the scene at the beginning where Michael Douglas' character enters the conference room to talk to Stark and others. Look at the table (marble-like texture) and see if you see ghosting. @movie78 tipped me off to this issue, with certain graphics driver versions being plagued by this. For comparison on how it should look, you can try your HiMedia Q10 Pro on that scene.

Will have a look at this in a couple of hours and report back.
(2017-02-15, 05:35)the_jaguar Wrote: Given that 3D MVC works, and Netflix 4K should also work, I just might order one too! Only thing that I am waiting on is for somebody to confirm that Dolby Vision works. It looks like MadVR works too, so this just might be the perfect all-in-one device!

Will try Netflix 4K. Via Edge browser, yeah?

4K HDR didn't work out of the box, not sure what I need to get that working? I have some samples and none of them kicked my TV into HDR mode like the Q10 pro and Nvidia Shield does.

Will try a DV sample also.
(2017-02-15, 08:38)afedchin Wrote:
(2017-02-14, 20:52)safcsat Wrote: FYI - 3D does work!

Windows 10 - all latest intel drivers - Intel NUC7i3BNK. Kodi 17.

Just watched Mr Peregrines movie...in full 3D (3D BluRay iso)...amazing!
How do you connect your TV. DP? HDMI? can you provide more details?

HDMI, nothing special at all.
(2017-02-15, 05:35)the_jaguar Wrote: Given that 3D MVC works, and Netflix 4K should also work, I just might order one too! Only thing that I am waiting on is for somebody to confirm that Dolby Vision works. It looks like MadVR works too, so this just might be the perfect all-in-one device!

Just trying Netflix now, via edge browser, logged in scrolled down and got a white screen - never saw this before. Will restart and try again.

Edit: playing now trying Narcos, which is available in 4k. Any idea how I check the stream quality in Netflix on windows via the edge browser?

Doesn't look like its pulling the 4k stream to the naked eye.

Edit2: It has just switched to either very good 1080p, or 4k. Would like to show stream info to confirm!
(2017-02-14, 23:17)hdmkv Wrote: @safcsat, one thing you'll also want to check, if you have the 'Ant-Man' 3D ISO, is the scene at the beginning where Michael Douglas' character enters the conference room to talk to Stark and others. Look at the table (marble-like texture) and see if you see ghosting. @movie78 tipped me off to this issue, with certain graphics driver versions being plagued by this. For comparison on how it should look, you can try your HiMedia Q10 Pro on that scene.

Just got the sample from kodi wiki, can't see any issues! Looks great.

All of the samples do. Great news!!
Netflix via edge won't go above max 1080p, checked with video info ctrl+alt+shift+d

Is there a windows app maybe? I'll look.
(2017-02-15, 10:51)safcsat Wrote: Netflix via edge won't go above max 1080p, checked with video info ctrl+alt+shift+d

It should (or could) be 4K by using Edge (if you got the Netflix subscription for that), get that output on the setup below.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-02-15, 11:01)p750mmx Wrote:
(2017-02-15, 10:51)safcsat Wrote: Netflix via edge won't go above max 1080p, checked with video info ctrl+alt+shift+d

It should (or could) be 4K by using Edge (if you got the Netflix subscription for that), get that output on the setup below.

Yeah I have the 4k sub, nothing showing in 4k on edge here. Also I have just had that white scree again, narcos was playing away - then full screen goes white and system doesn't respond. Happened twice now with edge open (no other time)
Ahhh...wait, I could be being stupid here, forgot I had downloads running in the background, probably taking all the bandwidth 4k streaming needs, d'oh!! Killing them now and will try again,
Nope, freed up bandwidth and still max 1080p on Netflix via edge browser.
(2017-02-15, 11:24)safcsat Wrote: Nope, freed up bandwidth and still max 1080p on Netflix via edge browser.
Would display settings need to be changed to 4K? We set then at 1080 for 3D.

Sent from my HTC 10
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10