• 162(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Thanks @afedchin.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Thanks for your efforts!
Once MVC is working fine I don't feel there's much need to jump up and down every time a new build alpha or beta shows up. Kodi already does just about everything I can think I'd want it to do. Haven't got the ability to build a custom masking system for the projector screen yet so that's about all I can think of needing.

Once Cinema Vision progresses through it's second developmental round I'm not sure there's a whole lot let to desire out of Kodi.

VERY happy that 3D is now built in and working pretty much A-OK. That was the last real hurdle.
(2017-03-01, 16:34)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Once MVC is working fine I don't feel there's much need to jump up and down every time a new build alpha or beta shows up. Kodi already does just about everything I can think I'd want it to do. Haven't got the ability to build a custom masking system for the projector screen yet so that's about all I can think of needing.

Once Cinema Vision progresses through it's second developmental round I'm not sure there's a whole lot let to desire out of Kodi.

VERY happy that 3D is now built in and working pretty much A-OK. That was the last real hurdle.

+1
(2017-03-01, 07:52)afedchin Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 20:52)hdmkv Wrote: On that note, @afedchin, can you fill us in on what your plans are? I should probably update some of the points below in post #1. Thank you.

Quote:Important Points about MVC Windows Builds from its Developer:
  • MVC development is almost done. Only a couple of cosmetic things remain, which he will work on next
  • As it stands, there is no possibility to merge MVC into mainline as MVC feature requires a patched build of ffmpeg, which unfortunately is not acceptable for mainline
  • Given above, Kodi MVC Windows will remain as a fork (similar to SPMC or MrMC on Android/iOS)
  • MVC development is done. Only bugfixing is possible.
  • unchanged
  • unchanged
@afedchin:

Are you aware of this issue?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2534958

Do you have any information regarding a possible fix or workaround? I linked to my own post, but there are also others throughout this thread who have reported this.

Thanks!
Guys,here is another issue{??}:
Using the ianuary version on windows 8.1,when 3d iso playback is finished kodi skyn goes to 1280/[email protected] I get a tiny player interface on desktop.
On the other hand if I STOP the playback kodi skin goes back to 1920/[email protected] as it should
Dell micro 3050,toshiba encore wt8-a-102,Belink MXIII,DidUbuy S95 Dragon Pro,Minix Neo 8H plus,Tronsmart mk908II
(2017-03-01, 17:27)BeefJerky Wrote: Do you have any information regarding a possible fix or workaround? I linked to my own post, but there are also others throughout this thread who have reported this.

Thanks!
I have no info and/or ideas. I can't reproduce the issue because have no an avr.
(2017-03-01, 20:15)afedchin Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 17:27)BeefJerky Wrote: Do you have any information regarding a possible fix or workaround? I linked to my own post, but there are also others throughout this thread who have reported this.

Thanks!
I have no info and/or ideas. I can't reproduce the issue because have no an avr.
Hi afedchin, thanks for replying. Having an AVR or not shouldn't matter as the issue also occurs when having Kodi do the decoding in software, not just when bitstreaming.

The issue is specifically limited to TrueHD with MVC, which may limit what material will cause the issue. It does not occur with AC3, DTS or DTS-HD when using MVC, and it also does not occur with TrueHD soundtracks with non-MVC video. For example, the US version of How to Train Your Dragon 3D uses a TrueHD soundtrack, though I'm not sure about other versions of that movie. It's definitely a weird issue, but one I really hope can get fixed. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you with this.

Thanks!
(2017-03-01, 19:01)nifedipin Wrote: Guys,here is another issue{??}:
Using the ianuary version on windows 8.1,when 3d iso playback is finished kodi skyn goes to 1280/[email protected] I get a tiny player interface on desktop.
On the other hand if I STOP the playback kodi skin goes back to 1920/[email protected] as it should

I get this also on windows 10.

Not just after 3d either, I can leave kodi open and switch off tv. Then when I switch on tv again kodi is in a small windows and set to that res/refresh.
(2017-03-01, 22:39)safcsat Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 19:01)nifedipin Wrote: Guys,here is another issue{??}:

I get this also on windows 10.

Not just after 3d either, I can leave kodi open and switch off tv. Then when I switch on tv again kodi is in a small windows and set to that res/refresh.

Can you try this for me?

Close Kodi
Open any other Program ( Application)
Perform the same shutdown sequence as you did with Kodi and let me know if there is a small Windows of the application that you just opened once you turn everything back on.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
@Charger Hellcat

kodi is great but it does not do everything : we need full HEVC 10 bits REC2020 and HDR support, dolby vision why not....and THEN it will do everything Smile

@afedchin

between these 3 soc's which one will likely be more compatible with future kodi builds (smoothly): realtek 1295, hisilicon v200 or amlogic S912 ?
(2017-03-02, 08:26)nenito2k Wrote: @afedchin

between these 3 soc's which one will likely be more compatible with future kodi builds (smoothly): realtek 1295, hisilicon v200 or amlogic S912 ?
I know nothing about arm processors.
@nenito2k, Minix's Neo U9-H is the first 'good' S912 box, just out. Should work equally well w/Minix XBMC (fork) & Kodi 17.x, although Minix may add some special A/V performance tweaks to former. No 3D MVC support however. Best use of RTD1295 so far is Zidoo X8/X9S, but Kodi (ZDMC) is just window-dressing, with the native player doing the heavy lifting. Same goes for HiSilicon v200 w/HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro and eGreat A5/A10 being the best implementations. Zidoo and HiMedia do support 3D MVC.
My Family Room Theater
Please excuse me if this was already disused. I'm new to this thread and I haven't gone through 163 pages of it to see if this topic was brought up or resolved.

I followed instructions from the first page and all I can get from 3D ISO "frame packing" is jumping screen sort of alternating left / right eye.

I'm running Epson 3D projector and the system is running fine in 3D from PS3 and Raspberry Pi.
My computer is Windows 10 Dell latest 2017 XPS 13 laptop 9360.
CPU: 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7500U 2.7GHz (3.5Ghz Turbo)
Kaby Lake architecture
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620
Screen: 13.3-inch QHD+ (3200 x 1800) touch panel

Epson Pj is not getting frame packing signal at all and not switching to 3D mode.
I do see on my laptop in "Advanced Display Settings" 3D display mode switch ON just like in the first post image and resolution pull down menu has 1920 x 1080 (Recommended, 3D) selected.
Laptop doesn't have direct HDMI port.
HDMI is extracted from USB 3.1 Type C Thunderbolt connector.

Has anybody got similar hardware working in "frame packing" mode?

I suspect issues with USB 3.1 Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/insi...b6a8f3en02

Outside of 3D frame packing it also has issues with uncompressed PCM 7.1 audio. My system works great with Raspberry Pi but laptop with this adapter is sending only left and right channels even though it is showing 7.1

I could order HDMI 2.0 certified adapter from Dell if this is the problem.
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/accessori...u=470-ABMZ

Is anybody using successfully USB 3.1 type C Thunderbolt adapter to HDMI with Kodi in 3D frame packing mode?
What type of adapter is it?
Kaby Lake w/HDMI 2.0 only isn't supporting MVC 3D yet unfortunately. Beebox-S 7100U/7200U, which has separate HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 ports supports 3D MVC with former.
My Family Room Theater
  • 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10