• 164(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-03-05, 01:44)baba420 Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 01:37)rmilyard Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 01:34)fmedrano1977 Wrote: Intel Display settings set at 1080p@60hz? And 3D would only with on the HDMI 1.4 Port.

The hardware based option should be available, if it's not giving you that option something ain't right.

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

Yes. If use PowerDVD 16 plays fine.

I have exactly the same problem. PowerDVD is fine, Kodi MVC build doesn't play them. I also posted this issue on the Kaby Lake thread.
My i3 Kaby Lake ASRock plays them fine, except mine aren't ISOs. Through my Denon X2300 to a Sammy js8500 all is well.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-03-05, 01:34)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 01:29)rmilyard Wrote: So not sure what might be wrong. I got ASRock BeeBox 7200. I have setup per first post. When I try to play back a 3d .iso that I know if Frame Package it plays as Over and Under. I have tried on the HDMI 1.4 and 2.0 port and same. I play same movie on my NUC with PowerDVD and plays fine.
Intel Display settings set at 1080p@60hz? And 3D would only with on the HDMI 1.4 Port.

The hardware based option should be available, if it's not giving you that option something ain't right.

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

So Intel is set 1080p@60 and Kodi the same. The hardware based option isn't there.

I got a bit more on my Dell XPS with Kaby Lake and USB-C. I can't get PowerDVD 16 to play either. It doesn't detect 3D hardware correctly. Under 3D options I only have anaglyph red cyan.

Using Kodi build from this thread I get hardware selection for 3D mode and all parameters are ok. At the end projector is not receiving properly formatted frames. Both adapters with different specs USB-C to HDMI have the same issue. One is rated 4K at 30 Hz and the other multi-function Dell DA200 with Max Resolution 2048 x 1152 at 60 Hz. This appears to be HDMI 1.4 but still not working. I tested Windows screen refresh rate set to 60 Hz and Kodi internal setup. No difference. 3D movie outputs 1080p at 24fps with jumping screen from overlapping left and right eye. No packed frames.

Please let me know if anybody had success with USB 3.1 type C to HDMI adapter running 3D packed frames on any hardware combination.
Hey, just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved on this project. I just watched my first 3D movie with my wife using Kodi and it worked really well.

Nvidia GTX960 with an AMD CPU which is several years old BTW. So thanks also for the tip on how those of us without Intel hardware can get in on the fun.

As a side note, I think the resolution left a little bit to be desired, but that was most likely the shortcomings of my Samsung 65HU8550, which only supports SBS or TaB formats. Ironically my much older Mitsubishi DLP rear projection TV supports Checkerboard and would probably be a much better viewing experience. Haven't gotten around to trying it though.

Is anyone else using this build of Kodi to view 3D content on a 4K TV? I'd be curious to see what others' experiences have been.

Sent from my Nexus 5
(2017-03-05, 07:30)NotShorty Wrote: Hey, just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved on this project. I just watched my first 3D movie with my wife using Kodi and it worked really well.

Nvidia GTX960 with an AMD CPU which is several years old BTW. So thanks also for the tip on how those of us without Intel hardware can get in on the fun.

As a side note, I think the resolution left a little bit to be desired, but that was most likely the shortcomings of my Samsung 65HU8550, which only supports SBS or TaB formats. Ironically my much older Mitsubishi DLP rear projection TV supports Checkerboard and would probably be a much better viewing experience. Haven't gotten around to trying it though.

Is anyone else using this build of Kodi to view 3D content on a 4K TV? I'd be curious to see what others' experiences have been.

Sent from my Nexus 5 (typie typie)
I view 3D on a 65in js8500, have no complaints. Looks great!

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-03-05, 07:30)NotShorty Wrote: Hey, just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved on this project. I just watched my first 3D movie with my wife using Kodi and it worked really well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 (typie typie)

yes - LG 65" OLED 4K set - the curved 2016 model. 3D is stunning. passive 3D but full resolution to each eye since the set is 4K

unlike my plasma active 3D set, with the LG i don't have to control ambient lighting at all. there is no ghosting or artifacts to speak of. it is literally perfect
Question here.
Is Intel Skylake Core i7-6560U CPU 6th generation or similar with HD Graphics 540 working OK on HDMI 2.0 through USB 3.1 type C?
Intel list of features between Kaby Lake 7th generation and Sky Lake 6 generation is almost identical except for some speed differences.
(2017-03-05, 07:30)NotShorty Wrote: .......
yes - LG 65" OLED 4K set - the curved 2016 model. 3D is stunning. passive 3D but full resolution to each eye since the set is 4K

4K passive glasses is the way to go.
I have projector shooting on 150" screen, active glasses. Movie has to be up-sampled to max frame interpolation to reduce frame jitter caused by active glasses working at 60Hz only on 24fps film material. This appears to be the case for all brands of displays with active glasses. Not too bad at the end, true big screen cinematic experience but it is strong high speed pulsing light causing eye strain.

Working on OLE 65". Looking at high price tag every year trying to decide if I should get it or wait Wink
Smile 
Been using this with GTX 960 and GTX 1050 cards for the past month or so and REALLY happy with the 3D quality!

Is there any way to get KODI to change resolution automatically, in my case between 3840x2160 for 2D and 1920x1080 for 3DHuh

not a dealbreaker, but that would make the package perfect....

- Erik
(2017-03-05, 20:57)kalleanker Wrote: Been using this with GTX 960 and GTX 1050 cards for the past month or so and REALLY happy with the 3D quality!

Is there any way to get KODI to change resolution automatically, in my case between 3840x2160 for 2D and 1920x1080 for 3DHuh

- Erik

If you are playing a 3840X2160 file your TV info will show you 2160 resolution, once you finish playback it will switch back to 1080
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Watched another movie tonight. This time the quality seemed much better, so maybe last night's movie was a fluke or the source material was sub-optimal or something.

I don't have much more to add at this time, so I'll probably just resume being a lurker in this thread.

Sincere thanks to all those who responded to my prior comment.

Sent from my Nexus 5
I'm getting a bit frustrated with Windows (if indeed it is the problem). Inexplicably last night my subwoofer stopped working. I tried a different cable, updated all the drivers but no luck. I have a NUC6I5SYK. Does anybody else have the same issue? Has there been a windows update that's broken the lfe channel? Thanks for any help!
I would most definitely look in the amplifier (receiver). Common issue with sub. not working. Do the channel test from the amp first. If not working then unplug the cable from amp to sub and touch the centre pin with your finger.

Windows is probably the last to blame.
(2017-03-05, 22:23)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 20:57)kalleanker Wrote: Been using this with GTX 960 and GTX 1050 cards for the past month or so and REALLY happy with the 3D quality!

- Erik

If you are playing a 3840X2160 file your TV info will show you 2160 resolution, once you finish playback it will switch back to 1080

True, only I would like it to be the other way around - 4K being the standard resolution, switching to HD for 3D and then back again. The reason is that:

A) if the resolution is set to 1920x1080, then the skin is "offset" to the right after playback, removing some of the menu text and generally looking weird :-). Changing between windowed and fullscreen mode removes that.

B) with the resolution set to 1920x1080 EVERYTHING with a 24 Hz refresh rate is played back in 3D!

With the resolution set to 3840x2160 both issues are gone, but obviously no 3D then...

Any thoughts?

- Erik
(2017-03-06, 19:33)kalleanker Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 22:23)movie78 Wrote:

- Erik

True, only I would like it to be the other way around - 4K being the standard resolution, switching to HD for 3D and then back again. The reason is that:

A) if the resolution is set to 1920x1080, then the skin is "offset" to the right after playback, removing some of the menu text and generally looking weird :-). Changing between windowed and fullscreen mode removes that.

B) with the resolution set to 1920x1080 EVERYTHING with a 24 Hz refresh rate is played back in 3D!

With the resolution set to 3840x2160 both issues are gone, but obviously no 3D then...

Any thoughts?

- Erik
A) I don't have that issue with mine, I the Skin shrink to the top left of the screen but one I start playback everything looks good.

For now if you wand 3D the resolution must be set 1920X1080p
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10