• 174(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Just to proof that it's not a question of the HW itself nor the ISO Image or the network, yesterday I've tried a live system of LibreELEC (boot from USB) and all ISO Images played fine in 2D.
(2017-03-28, 10:15)waltermalter Wrote: Does anyone has an older (October/November 2016) build still available so I can give it a try?
I believe I have one, I'll share a link later today after work.

Sent from my HTC 10
Installed the Windows Creators Update build 1703 (Final) today (by leaked upgrade assistant), but still no HDR available with my setup. I don't use an Insider version of Windows, only production. Installed the latest Intel GPU drivers that are also shortly available. No problems during installation, everything went smooth, no complains about that. This version of Windows should bring HDR to games and video (by using Films and TV app I guess), but not with my setup at this moment.

Maybe I should change some Intel GPU settings under Windows and maybe I should choose another setting on my TV/Receiver for this. Will test that later on. Tips are welcome Wink

Edit: apparently WDDM 2.2 is a must, but is still WDDM 2.1 at this moment. Maybe that is coming with the official release of Creators Update in April?

Edit 2: to compare possible media playing differences between the CPU's with HD 610 and HD 630 graphics, I've ordered an i5-7400 today.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
On the Intel Forums they are asking someone with a Kaby Lake with the 3D playback issues on HDMI 2.0 to test some stuff,

Here is link: https://communities.intel.com/message/463613

If someone can help out since I returned my PC and don't have Kaby Lake right now.
(2017-03-30, 00:08)rmilyard Wrote: On the Intel Forums they are asking someone with a Kaby Lake with the 3D playback issues on HDMI 2.0 to test some stuff,

Here is link: https://communities.intel.com/message/463613

If someone can help out since I returned my PC and don't have Kaby Lake right now.

Please help if you can!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I joined the discussion even I don't have a NUC, but the 3D issue is also
for other Kaby Lake systems with HDMI 2.0, so hopefully we all get a solution
for that issue.
(2017-03-28, 10:46)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-03-28, 10:15)waltermalter Wrote: Does anyone has an older (October/November 2016) build still available so I can give it a try?

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

Have you found an older build?

THX,
Walter
(2017-03-30, 14:49)waltermalter Wrote:

THX,
Walter
Oh snap! Completely forgot but yes, I got about 6-8 or the latest releases. I'll set myself a reminder to upload one later today after work.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-03-28, 17:00)p750mmx Wrote: Edit: apparently WDDM 2.2 is a must, but is still WDDM 2.1 at this moment. Maybe that is coming with the official release of Creators Update in April?

This is actually an important point. I overlooked that.

I am in the Insider Program, but the Creators Update build that I have seem to be the release version because it doesn't say "evaluation copy". I am using a nVIDIA GTX1060 card and even with the latest driver (3/19), I have only WDDM 2.1. May have to wait for nVIDIA to update the driver. May be HDR/WCG will work in Kodi (and other video players) once we get WDDM 2.2.
I finally decided to buy the Intel D34010WYK and I just found out that it's not being sold in Germany anymore.
Any other suggestions?
I'm impressed with all of hdmkv' builds and players!

What did you do with your DN2820FYKH build?
Soooo many pages and I'm just tired from researching everything.
I wanna get buildig so please help me out here.
Had a Asus Chromebox but sent it right back because it can't do MVC.

There's someone on eBay (Germany) selling a used 34010 but I don't have any experience with used tech off of eBay so I'm leaning towards pass because I don't wanna spend 260€ on something used and sit on it in case it crashes or something.

I just want this thing to run Kodi and play MVC and MKV with all HD Audio and zhat great pq hdmkv was ranting about Big Grin
(2017-03-30, 14:49)waltermalter Wrote:

THX,
Walter

The oldest one I have 12/08/2016

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx2sbbi...sp=sharing
I'll give it a try this weekend and give some feedback on whether it solves my problem.Are you sure it's a MVC_wipe build? The file name indicates an official version?

Does nobody else experience the massiv stutter and audio drop out if she/he playes 3D ISO in 2D?
(2017-03-31, 11:54)waltermalter Wrote: I'll give it a try this weekend and give some feedback on whether it solves my problem.Are you sure it's a MVC_wipe build? The file name indicates an official version?

Does nobody else experience the massiv stutter and audio drop out if she/he playes 3D ISO in 2D?
Yeah it is, I just removed the ending part of the name and just kept the date.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-03-31, 11:54)waltermalter Wrote: I'll give it a try this weekend and give some feedback on whether it solves my problem.Are you sure it's a MVC_wipe build? The file name indicates an official version?

Im getting this issue, but playing back 3d mkvs. Using the February build (listed as latest reliable)

EDIT; Scratch that. Seems to be less stuttery after updating to the latest intel graphics driver, but now I'm getting an Audio offset with 3d content only where it's consistently out of sync by a few frames. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on a fix?

I'm wondering if it's because my 2D titles are decoding via software, whereas 3D is hardware. No idea if I'm right though.
Just got an email that Intel Media SDK is coming to Linux, what does this means for 3D MVC on Linux?

Quote:Smart-camera and connected-car developers can now deliver fast, efficient video processing in their media applications with the new Intel Media SDK for Embedded Linux. This opens the door for optimizing video streaming to and from smart cameras across a host of devices: drones, phones, robotics, videocams, cars, players, editors, and more.

Key benefits & features

• Provides access to Intel® Quick Sync Video (hardware-accelerated codecs in the Intel® graphics processor) for outstanding encoding, decoding, and processing performance.

• Supports widely adopted codecs: HEVC, AVC, MPEG-2, and more.

• Delivers rich capabilities to tune encoding for the best visual quality.

• Ensures reliability in long-term production deployments (stress and error robustness tested).

The new Intel Media SDK supports the latest Intel Atom®, Intel® Pentium®, and Intel® Celeron® processors,1 as well as Yocto Project* (a comprehensive embedded Linux development environment). Together, the SDK and Intel® processor-based platforms help bring real-time computing to digital surveillance and new in-vehicle experiences.

Check out all these features yourself. Download the FREE Intel Media SDK for Embedded Linux today.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 174(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10