• 176(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-04-05, 21:02)afedchin Wrote:
Quote:Access to Intel® Media SDK features for embedded processors (List at ark.intel.com.)
Encoders: AVC (H.264), HEVC (H.265), MJPEG
Decoders: AVC (H.264), HEVC (H.265), MJPEG, MPEG-2, VC-1, VP8
VPP functions like crop, rotate, resize, color conversion and more.
Instructions to build Yocto images enabled to access processor graphics acceleration.
There is no MVC decoder on Linux.

Although it seems likely for aml?

https://github.com/khadas/linux/commit/e...73c221c543
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2017-04-06, 15:55)danjames92 Wrote: Although it seems likely for aml?

Decoding and Output are different things.
(2017-04-06, 16:08)afedchin Wrote:
(2017-04-06, 15:55)danjames92 Wrote: Although it seems likely for aml?

Decoding and Output are different things.

True. We can be glad some parts are moving in the right direction for it to happen. *prays to the AML / Kodi / LibreELEC gods for Odroid C2 3D MVC full rez*
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
Quick update for anybody interested in USB-C 3D output. This is probably not entirely related to this thread topic but we had good discussions here on Kodi MVC and types of 3D outputs.

From everything that I have tested USB-C to 3D is no go on my laptop system but probably for all other systems as well. Save yourself time and avoid it at any cause. I haven't found any adapter that would output 3D hardware frame packing and I tested quite a few from USB-C to DVI through various USB-C to HDMI 1.4 including Club 3D brand, Dell, no-names etc, to USB-C to HDMI 2.0. Based on the adapter type and display shows jumping frames or incompatible signal.

4K interlaced is another fiasco. For whatever reason using USB-C Kodi / PC sends 2 stacked frames into display 2,205 vertical lines including black separation strip. This is frame packing probably scaled to 4K resolution. TV treats is as TAB and converts it to 3D. Scaling and converting creates vertical black bars on both sides of the screen and some other artifacts. If I disconnect the external screen and use laptop screen using 3D interlaced mode everything looks good, proper format but obviously I can't see 3D since the laptop screen is not polarized for passive glasses. The screen is fuzzy but properly formatted and no artifact. Using USB-C to HDMI 2.0 connected to 4K 3D TV I can get proper Kodi screen (the skin). Posters look good with deep background art, popup menus are closer and everything looks great. As soon as I start 3D ISO the screen changes, it flashes double stacked frames and goes into 3D but it's not properly formatted to the screen (about 1.5" black bars on both sides).

4K TAB has the same effect on my system as interlaced. Black bars on both sides of the screen.

@p750mmx thanks for help testing various 3D interlaced options.

Update Apr. 13th
After tweaking 3D 4K Interlaced is finally working on USB-C.
See my newer post.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2569261
Don't see a "hardware based" option under preferred? Using kaby lake.+ ASRock z270 gaming itx motherboard+Win 10. Using HDMI 2.0a mb output into hdfury integral.

Picture looks very good though. Should I be using interlaced? Have windows set for 3d 1080p.

Kodi menus are 3d and playing 3d mkv files looks great...
Yes, it seems to be missing on mine too. Not sure if I had it before - I thought I always set "Stereoscopic 3D preferred mode" to "Same as Movie" and no "Hardware Based".

3D was working fine with the 3/21 version and the only thing that changed couple of days ago was the TV - replaced 1080p 3D TV with a 4K 3D TV.

I set the display to 1080p 23Hz and 3D checked. Yet Kodi plays the 3D ISOs as Over/Under. The hardware is Skylake Core i5 6500 running on Z170 board, which I believe only has HDMI 1.4.

Am I missing something simple? Thanks for any pointers.
(2017-04-08, 04:43)rexian Wrote: Yes, it seems to be missing on mine too. Not sure if I had it before - I thought I always set "Stereoscopic 3D preferred mode" to "Same as Movie" and no "Hardware Based".

3D was working fine with the 3/21 version and the only thing that changed couple of days ago was the TV - replaced 1080p 3D TV with a 4K 3D TV.

I set the display to 1080p 23Hz and 3D checked. Yet Kodi plays the 3D ISOs as Over/Under. The hardware is Skylake Core i5 6500 running on Z170 board, which I believe only has HDMI 1.4.

Set it to 60hz and see if the hardware option shows.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-04-08, 05:02)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-04-08, 04:43)rexian Wrote: Yes, it seems to be missing on mine too. Not sure if I had it before - I thought I always set "Stereoscopic 3D preferred mode" to "Same as Movie" and no "Hardware Based".

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)
Tried 23, 24, 59 and 60Hz settings - no luck Sad

Will try reinstalling Kodi tomorrow from scratch and see if that helps. Anything else to try?
Can't see hardware based for me either on kaby lake, no matter what refresh rate...

Is there a drawback to using 4k resolution with over under? Will I get 1920x1080p to each eye, I think I should? Since the 3d MVC mkv plays well in this mode, seems ideal to leave resolution at 4k to use Kodi's upscaling for 2d content.

Who wants to run HD under windows when they have a 4k TV.

(2017-04-08, 07:40)rexian Wrote:
(2017-04-08, 05:02)fmedrano1977 Wrote:

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)
Tried 23, 24, 59 and 60Hz settings - no luck Sad

Will try reinstalling Kodi tomorrow from scratch and see if that helps. Anything else to try?
For the hardware option to appear it is best to exit Kodi. Change Windows desktop to 1080p at 60Hz and restart Kodi. Some combinations of 4K TV and HDMI types specially HDMI 2.0 prevent hardware option.

Kodi 4K interlaced or 4K TAB options may or not work well on specific hardware sets. If your image is clean properly formatted to the screen without any aftereffects then it's probably OK.

You are not getting 4K 3D if the source is 1080p HD per eye Wink

Only 4K HDR demo files look good and take advantage of new TV's but no 3D of course.

Full list of 3D modes is unique to this version of Windows Kodi MVC. Selecting hardware ensures that you will be in Frame Packing when playing video. The list is probably coming from Intel drivers. Raspberry Pi list is very minimum and "Same as Movie" option is the only one that would play Frame Packing.
Anybody have advice on how to resolve studdering/ loss of sync with 3D Mkvs? Seems to be an intermittent issue (was having issues with one film, came back to try it a few days later, and watched it without a problem. Now it's losing sync and studdering slightly again). Running a J4205 board using the DVI output at 1080P.

Already checked that I'm running the latest intel drivers. Only thing unusual about my system is that windows isn't activated and I'm using a program to run kodi as a process on boot (oh, and I disabled the windows update process).

All 2D Movies playback consistently fine (although I think I had to switch to software decode for that to happen).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Check how busy your CPU is. Maybe it's trying to do the updates you disabled Wink
Are you using network drive? Copy this file to you local hard drive and check the speed. You may have some network issues.
(2017-04-08, 17:12)3DBuff Wrote: Check how busy your CPU is. Maybe it's trying to do the updates you disabled Wink
Are you using network drive? Copy this file to you local hard drive and check the speed. You may have some network issues.

I'll check CPU. usage, thanks. Confident the network isn't the issue (had no issues playing back to a raspberry pi with 3D files and nothing's changed with my network config).
On occasion I get this issue with my WD NAS drive really busy doing cleaning, sorting or whatever. It needs reboot to get it back to normal. It effect 3D ISO files the most.
  • 176(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10