Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-04-13, 16:33)3DBuff Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 19:22)3DBuff Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 18:26)rewsteruk Wrote: In the Picture Settings > Aspect Ratio > Set to Original and move the Just Scan Slider at the bottom of this menu to On. It might already be on if for example you have set your input to PC for HDMI X

Thanks @rewsteruk!
Maybe that's what's messing up my 3D 4K interlaced screen.
I'll check it tonight.

Here is an update for 3D 4K interlaced. Finally I got something going on my system Dell XPS 13 -> USB-C -> Club 3D HDMI 2.0 adapter -> OLED65E6
I think my main issue from the previous tests was setting resolution above 4K. I wasn't looking or thinking just selecting the highest number in the list. At the bottom of the list in Windows driver for desktop resolution I have 4096x2160 and the same number within Kodi setup. 4K is 3840x2160. I don't know why my 65 LG OLED when connected to computer in my setup is showing resolution just a bit larger than standard 4K in horizontal width. TV specification 4K OLED panel resolution is correct 3840x2160. This was causing all my issues with black bars on both sides of the screen and somehow distorted scaled 3D image.

"Just Scan" is a bit different on my system perhaps firmware version (latest .95) or some country region revision. Too bad there is no good manual about all features of this LG TV. It appears that a lot of functionality of the TV is locked into type of signal label placed on the HDMI input number. If I label the input as PC, TV goes into this PC mode "Just Scan". This option "Just Scan" is disabled (greyed out) but it appears to be on. 3/4 of image enhancement features are disabled. No ability to adjust "TruMotion" or any dynamic settings. 3D image is very clean and natural looking. TV does not go into 3D. Double frames of left and righ eye 1080p are processed into 4K interlaced by Kodi / PC / Video Card. One thing that strikes right away in my eyes is the 24fps video flow. Without LG "TruMotion" it is looking choppy to me (very fast OLED panel) specially on animated movies. I'm used to frame interpolation on my Epson projector and active glasses. For all other types of signal TV is processing video and introducing some level of "TruMotion" to enhance video in terms of 4K smooth flow effect even when shutting if completely off.

Labelling HDMI input to something else brings back all TV functionality but the 3D video is not clean and small artifacts from processing are back. Even if I turn on "Just Scan" and disable most of image enhancement (noise reduction, dynamic contrast etc.) the image is not the same as labelling the input "PC".
So you recommend for 3D playback switching the TV to PC mode and for non-3D content to Blu-ray player?

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by baba420 - 2017-04-13, 20:13