Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-04-13, 20:13)baba420 Wrote: So you recommend for 3D playback switching the TV to PC mode and for non-3D content to Blu-ray player?

Switching back and forth between types of input could be annoying. Switching cable between 2 preassigned HDMI ports not much better. This could be a personal preference how you like to see the video image. If you send the video signal as Blu-Ray player it will open all options for signal processing.

I didn't get the time to experiment and compare the quality of 3D 4K interlaced to Frame Packing 3D (Raspberry Pi or Blu-Ray PS3) and processed by TV.
Yesterday evening was the first time I got 3D 4K going on my system Wink

I can only confirm that 3D 4K interlaced from Kodi is looking good and very natural. No errors in the image, ghosting etc. but the video is in the raw format and untouched by TV processing.

Sending 4K TAB from Kodi could be comparable quality but with the options of TV enhancements like TruMotion. This setup needs testing.
For Hardware 3D Frame Packing you need HDMI 1.4 Intel computer or other software options for non Intel machines or Raspberry Pi.

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.3 Average

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by 3DBuff - 2017-04-13, 21:48
<