Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
I had a bit more time to look and compare 3D modes on my Lg. This could be correct for other LG TV's not only OLED.

To get this 3D Interlaced mode going on your LG:
1. Go to inputs in the TV menu and select icon PC where your computer is connected (HDMI port). This is the key function that makes it work. You can label it anything you want PC is fine.
2. TV -> Settings -> Picture -> Aspect Ratio (Original and Just Scan) - I didn't experiment with this too much
3. Set resolution inside Kodi to correct 4K 3840x2160 (not 4096x2160 in case you have it)
4. Kodi -> Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate (always)
-> Sync playbeck to display (Off)
-> Stereoscopic 3D -> Playbeck mode of stereoscopic 3D videos (Preferred mode)
5. Kodi -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Preferred mode (Interlaced)
6. OLED E6 TV > Settings > OLED panel > disable Pixel Shift - prevents image retention but is causes random left / right eye flip

On my system OLED65E6P when I start video in the above configuration the screen is too bright. Blacks are glowing bright grey. I need to drive "Brightness" on my TV from 50 to about 35 to get it down to where the blacks are black. Most of the video enhancement functions on the TV are disabled and greyed out.
Note: This is no longer relevant as of firmware 04.31.02 and newer.

Video is the cleanest 3D you can find with absolutely no 3D errors or any artifacts. However there is also no frame interpolation at all. LG TruMotion is disabled when PC icon is selected for HDMI input. Based on the content and personal preference this makes video choppy on camera fast panning scenes or moving objects. Fast OLED makes it even worse specially when watching animated movies.

I've tested few combinations and deviations from the above setup with negative outcome. From changing screen refresh rate in Kodi to changing icon on HDMI input and adjusting TruMotion. Once you deviate from this setup you end up with more or less of 3D errors and some artifacts.

From what I've tested the only other way is to send the video as frame packing (hardware 3D mode). Of course you need HDMI 1.4 for this to work. I'm using Raspberry Pi to do this trick. By sending it as double 1080p frame you can select icon like Blu-Ray or just leave it plain HDMI for TV input. TV does a good job working with this signal and processing it into 3D 4K interlaced screen. TruMotion can be activated and setting to user De-Blur 0 and De-Judder 8 or more makes it very clean and smooth 3D video. Image is very good even from Raspberry Pi with minimum issues. I've seen some people complaining about Raspberry Pi image quality but I suggest to check your settings. Trust me it is working for me very well, no issue with quality or lower like resolutions. It appears that 3D video processing and enhancement functions on this TV were build around this Blu-Ray frame packing signal with very good results. Anything else like 4K TAB signal or higher frame rates out of Kodi will result in lower image quality, 3D errors and artifacts.

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by 3DBuff - 2017-04-15, 07:24
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10