• 182(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-04-21, 17:35)rewsteruk Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 03:40)3DBuff Wrote: Where do you adjust subtitle 3D depth

Is it:
Settings > Player Settings > Language > Stereoscopic 3D depth of subtitles

Got it! Thanks.
Still unable to use the latest builds due to stuttering issues with my setup. Not using the 4k output on my machine (need to use the DVI output due to issues with HDMI 2.0 on my board). Can anyone confirm properly synced stutter free playback with 1080P video and bitstreamed HD audio on a recent build?

I'd say it's something wrong with my system, but I've done a lot of clean installs and the problem doesn't seem to be there on the older builds from last year (audio is slightly out of sync, but no stuttering and it's consistent across the film).

Really frustrating as this setup is so close to working!
@afedchin: can the distortion bug be fixed?
Intel NUC6CAYH + afedchin's Kodi Windows MVC + LG OLED 55E6
What do you mean?
It's not a distortion as such. It's the bottom section of the image mirrored. As if there's water and a horizon. I don't think it's to do with Kodi though. I think the film is made that way. A bit like the black bars at either side on some 3D films.
can you make a screenshot or photo?
Hey guys

So i have a problem when i want kodi to play 1080p it switches to 4k native resolution of my TV instead, just as i start a movie. in settings i have 1080p selected both in kodi and windows. my htpc cant handle 4k so it stutters, some movies are ok but some stutters. Whats the problem? newest drivers, newest kodi build and runing on i3-4330. Followed all the steps on this thread.

Edit: it seems that the scaling kicks in once my TV sets to 4k and thats why it start stutters. How do i disable kodis scaling and just let my tv do the work?
Hi guys!
I recently solved my "hand shacking" issue caused by my Pioneer vsx 528 receiver[when frame rate switching].
If any of you have a similar problem....well,just use both Display port and HDMI out at the same time.It's simple "plug and play".
So...now I have video directly to my tv set[dp2hdmi adapter] and hi res audio to my receiver[hdmi2hdmi cable].
No more issues!

N
Dell micro 3050,toshiba encore wt8-a-102,Belink MXIII,DidUbuy S95 Dragon Pro,Minix Neo 8H plus,Tronsmart mk908II
For those of you who've been kind enough to talk me through the issue I've been having, I'm wondering if you can help me figure out what to do next. What's confusing to me is that I've reached out to a couple of other people with my same board, who don't appear to be having the issue I'm having.

At this point, I'm considering selling my system, and either just reverting to a pi and losing bitstream audio, or trying a different nuc that more people are having good results with.

Before I do that though, I want to try and verify that this is a problem unique to my hardware/model and not something that the bulk of people are experiencing. Also, can anyone tell me what the odds are that this is somehow an issue specific to my 3D hardware (I.E. my receiver or projector?). Doesn't make much sense to me, but its the only difference I've been able to gather between those who have a working system and mine (they're using OLED TVs and I'm using a sony projector with an external 3D receiver for syncing the glasses).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
(2017-04-22, 21:01)MrBfJohn Wrote: It's not a distortion as such. It's the bottom section of the image mirrored. As if there's water and a horizon. I don't think it's to do with Kodi though. I think the film is made that way. A bit like the black bars at either side on some 3D films.
It's not how the film is made. Raspberry Pi 3 Frame Packing 3D displays the image without mirroring/distortion. Can someone try if the mirroring/distortion is also there on HDMI 1.4 Frame Packing 3D?
(2017-04-22, 22:05)afedchin Wrote: can you make a screenshot or photo?
I used the kodi screenshot function and it only captured the left (or is it the right?) view, but the mirroring/distortion is clearly visible:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-Wwz...nVyaTFlOXc
It only happens on fullscreen (16:9) 3D and seems to affect the bottom 16 (?) pixels (that screenshot is 4k though)
Intel NUC6CAYH + afedchin's Kodi Windows MVC + LG OLED 55E6
(2017-04-23, 04:37)Deffpaketet Wrote: Hey guys

So i have a problem when i want kodi to play 1080p it switches to 4k native resolution of my TV instead, just as i start a movie. in settings i have 1080p selected both in kodi and windows. my htpc cant handle 4k so it stutters, some movies are ok but some stutters. Whats the problem? newest drivers, newest kodi build and runing on i3-4330. Followed all the steps on this thread.

Edit: it seems that the scaling kicks in once my TV sets to 4k and thats why it start stutters. How do i disable kodis scaling and just let my tv do the work?

Typically Kodi doesn't do the automatic scaling of the 3D movie.
If you are playing 3D MVC than:
Kodi -> Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate (always)
-> Sync playbeck to display (Off)
-> Stereoscopic 3D -> Playbeck mode of stereoscopic 3D videos (Preferred mode)
Kodi -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Preferred mode (Hardware)

This should give you 3D frame packing mode at 1080p per eye not 4K. TV will handle image formatting.
(2017-04-23, 21:11)Korrigan Wrote: I used the kodi screenshot function and it only captured the left (or is it the right?) view, but the mirroring/distortion is clearly visible:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-Wwz...nVyaTFlOXc
It only happens on fullscreen (16:9) 3D and seems to affect the bottom 16 (?) pixels (that screenshot is 4k though)

Exact same thing here with 4K interlaced. It has to be inside Kodi not adapter / port issue if you could capture it by screenshot.
(2017-04-23, 22:10)3DBuff Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 04:37)Deffpaketet Wrote: Hey guys

Typically Kodi doesn't do the automatic scaling of the 3D movie.
If you are playing 3D MVC than:
Kodi -> Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate (always)
-> Sync playbeck to display (Off)
-> Stereoscopic 3D -> Playbeck mode of stereoscopic 3D videos (Preferred mode)
Kodi -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Stereoscopic 3D -> Preferred mode (Hardware)

This should give you 3D frame packing mode at 1080p per eye not 4K. TV will handle image formatting.

Yes 3D switches and plays perfectly, i get frame packed 3D and 1920x1080. But when im not watching any 3D or i set it to play as 2D my resolution will be 3820x2160 no matter how i configure it and the movie will stutter. I just want it to be 1920x1080 even in 2D Big Grin
(2017-04-23, 18:01)filmgeek47 Wrote: For those of you who've been kind enough to talk me through the issue I've been having, I'm wondering if you can help me figure out what to do next. What's confusing to me is that I've reached out to a couple of other people with my same board, who don't appear to be having the issue I'm having.

At this point, I'm considering selling my system, and either just reverting to a pi and losing bitstream audio, or trying a different nuc that more people are having good results with.

Before I do that though, I want to try and verify that this is a problem unique to my hardware/model and not something that the bulk of people are experiencing. Also, can anyone tell me what the odds are that this is somehow an issue specific to my 3D hardware (I.E. my receiver or projector?). Doesn't make much sense to me, but its the only difference I've been able to gather between those who have a working system and mine (they're using OLED TVs and I'm using a sony projector with an external 3D receiver for syncing the glasses).

Only seems to happen to me on movies with TrueHD? Movies with DTSHD I can skip no problems...
(2017-04-23, 23:54)dd76 Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 18:01)filmgeek47 Wrote: For those of you who've been kind enough to talk me through the issue I've been having, I'm wondering if you can help me figure out what to do next. What's confusing to me is that I've reached out to a couple of other people with my same board, who don't appear to be having the issue I'm having.

Only seems to happen to me on movies with TrueHD? Movies with DTSHD I can skip no problems...

My main issue isn't with skipping back and forth, it's that the video intermittently stutters during 3D MVC playback when bitstreaming HD audio. I do also have that issue though. Haven't checked to see if it's with all audio types or just some.
  • 182(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10