• 183(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-04-23, 23:08)Deffpaketet Wrote: Yes 3D switches and plays perfectly, i get frame packed 3D and 1920x1080. But when im not watching any 3D or i set it to play as 2D my resolution will be 3820x2160 no matter how i configure it and the movie will stutter. I just want it to be 1920x1080 even in 2D Big Grin

I just tested it on my system. There is some kind of glitch, I'm on January release of Kodi MVC.
This could be MVC release or maybe this is in Windows Kodi version.

My understanding is that if you change Kodi resolution inside Kodi using:
Kodi -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Resolution to 1080p then the video will play at this resolution.

It does but it needs a little help.
Set the resolution to 1080p and refresh rate to 23.98. Full screen of course blank other displays ON and Use full screen window OFF.
Now check if the you have 1080p on the TV. If you do try to play video. The trick is not to change the video mode in any way like resolution or refresh rate.
If you get 4K on the TV and Kodi desktop shows 1080p then try to trigger video reset using "Use Full Screen Window" ON and OFF again. Test TV resolution. Once you see 1080p at 23.98 you should be able to play video and keep 1080p without Windows / Kodi converting to 4K.

It worked for me Smile

I also noticed something strange during this experiment on my LG E6. When I got 1080p video going the screen looked different than 4K, picture mode changed and it didn't have typical 24 hard coded frame rate. The TV was still in PC labeled input but the functionality have changed and allowed for image processing like frame interpolation (LG TruMotion). Those functions are disabled on PC input and 4K resolution.
(2017-04-24, 03:20)3DBuff Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 23:08)Deffpaketet Wrote: Yes 3D switches and plays perfectly, i get frame packed 3D and 1920x1080. But when im not watching any 3D or i set it to play as 2D my resolution will be 3820x2160 no matter how i configure it and the movie will stutter. I just want it to be 1920x1080 even in 2D Big Grin

I just tested it on my system. There is some kind of glitch, I'm on January release of Kodi MVC.

Kodi -> Settings -> System -> Display -> Resolution to 1080p then the video will play at this resolution.

Set the resolution to 1080p and refresh rate to 23.98. Full screen of course blank other displays ON and Use full screen window OFF.
Now check if the you have 1080p on the TV. If you do try to play video. The trick is not to change the video mode in any way like resolution or refresh rate.
If you get 4K on the TV and Kodi desktop shows 1080p then try to trigger video reset using "Use Full Screen Window" ON and OFF again. Test TV resolution. Once you see 1080p at 23.98 you should be able to play video and keep 1080p without Windows / Kodi converting to 4K.

It worked for me Smile

I also noticed something strange during this experiment on my LG E6. When I got 1080p video going the screen looked different than 4K, picture mode changed and it didn't have typical 24 hard coded frame rate. The TV was still in PC labeled input but the functionality have changed and allowed for image processing like frame interpolation (LG TruMotion). Those functions are disabled on PC input and 4K resolution.

I havent been able to got it to work, it seems glitchy and inconsistent. Sometimes im just stuck at 4k no matter what, atleast what my TV tells me.If i put at 60fps it will force 1080p because its hdmi 1.4 Tongue So i went and put back in my gtx 670, funny thing is now the 3D is glitching on it (getting a endless loop of the same picture or movement) and 2D runs flawless. So currently i just switch between 2D gtx 670 and 3D Intel chip (which has better 3D anyways imo). Maybe the latest Kodi builds + Windows Creators update is being weird?
(2017-04-27, 04:11)Deffpaketet Wrote:
(2017-04-24, 03:20)3DBuff Wrote:

It worked for me Smile

I havent been able to got it to work, it seems glitchy and inconsistent. Sometimes im just stuck at 4k no matter what, atleast what my TV tells me.If i put at 60fps it will force 1080p because its hdmi 1.4 Tongue So i went and put back in my gtx 670, funny thing is now the 3D is glitching on it (getting a endless loop of the same picture or movement) and 2D runs flawless. So currently i just switch between 2D gtx 670 and 3D Intel chip (which has better 3D anyways imo). Maybe the latest Kodi builds + Windows Creators update is being weird?

Same for me, even without creators update. It drives me insane.

No matter what Kodi will keep switching my TV to 2160p so upscaling (badly)
BUG REPORT:

The latest version of this does not work for my setup. The screen changes to OU mode (does not notify my TV) and the movie never plays. It just sits frozen.

At first, it wouldn't even show me the frozen fame of film not playing. Then, I added libmfx32 to my install directory and it got a step further.

Nvidia GTX 1080
Windows 10 CU
LG UH9500

MVC playback works perfectly with PowerDVD 17. How can we troubleshoot?
Is there a known issue now with 3D ISO files? Every ISO file i try to watch turns off approx. an hour into the movie. My belief is that the ISO are made up of two m2ts files and when it tries to switch to the second one it fails. The movie stops and returns you to the main movie menu of Kodi. If I try to resume it fails and goes back to the main menu. If I try to start movie from beginning and fast forward a bit past where is stopped its the same thing, back to the main menu. I've had this issue on at least the last two builds. If I convert the ISO to mkv the movie plays fine. Anyone else seeing this issue?
So with all this Kaby Lake and HDMI 2.0 issue what would someone build now it wanted 4k @60hz, 3D Frame Packed. I am using Shield TV now. It's fine other than no 3d.
(2017-04-22, 22:05)afedchin Wrote: can you make a screenshot or photo?
(2017-04-23, 21:11)Korrigan Wrote: I used the kodi screenshot function and it only captured the left (or is it the right?) view, but the mirroring/distortion is clearly visible:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-Wwz...nVyaTFlOXc
It only happens on fullscreen (16:9) 3D and seems to affect the bottom 16 (?) pixels (that screenshot is 4k though)
@afedchin Is this what you needed?
Intel NUC6CAYH + afedchin's Kodi Windows MVC + LG OLED 55E6
(2017-05-01, 12:38)Korrigan Wrote: @afedchin Is this what you needed?
yes, but I wasn't be able to reproduce on non 4k display. with a FHD dispaly the issue doesn't apper
(2017-05-01, 14:25)afedchin Wrote:
(2017-05-01, 12:38)Korrigan Wrote: @afedchin Is this what you needed?
yes, but I wasn't be able to reproduce on non 4k display. with a FHD dispaly the issue doesn't apper
Not that I'm much annoyed with it, but in Kodi 3D Hardware Mode it is also visible on my passive 3D 1080p computer monitor, a small line at the bottom when the 3D image is full screen (no black bars).
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
So anyone tried on the Zotac Magnus en1060 or newer 1060k?

Specs are overkill but pretty nice system and with 1060 6gb can run a lot of stuff and keep it few years.
Does anyone have this working with an nVidia VGA?
(2017-04-24, 01:32)filmgeek47 Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 23:54)dd76 Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 18:01)filmgeek47 Wrote: For those of you who've been kind enough to talk me through the issue I've been having, I'm wondering if you can help me figure out what to do next. What's confusing to me is that I've reached out to a couple of other people with my same board, who don't appear to be having the issue I'm having.

At this point, I'm considering selling my system, and either just reverting to a pi and losing bitstream audio, or trying a different nuc that more people are having good results with.

Before I do that though, I want to try and verify that this is a problem unique to my hardware/model and not something that the bulk of people are experiencing. Also, can anyone tell me what the odds are that this is somehow an issue specific to my 3D hardware (I.E. my receiver or projector?). Doesn't make much sense to me, but its the only difference I've been able to gather between those who have a working system and mine (they're using OLED TVs and I'm using a sony projector with an external 3D receiver for syncing the glasses).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Only seems to happen to me on movies with TrueHD? Movies with DTSHD I can skip no problems...

My main issue isn't with skipping back and forth, it's that the video intermittently stutters during 3D MVC playback when bitstreaming HD audio. I do also have that issue though. Haven't checked to see if it's with all audio types or just some.

Same thing is happening for me with this build. The TrueHD audio skipping bug has been present for me for a long time but the stuttering was new. I had to revert back to an old build to eliminate the stuttering. Sadly the skipping issue we are just trying to learn to live with for now. I check what audio is in a movie before we start it and just warn my wife that once we start there is no skipping around. Sad
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
Hello, I'm a new user here so please forgive any ignorant comments! I've installed both the February and March builds on my Intel NUC HTPC setup and whenever I play a 3D MKV file (from 3d blu rays I ripped using MakeMKV), the audio and video are out of sync. I've searched through these threads and gather this is a common issue but I'm a little unclear how to fix it. Here's a quick rundown of some of the main issues I've had:

- Audio and video out of sync anywhere from several tenths of a second to about a second (audio is usually behind the video). Typically, when I start off playing a movie, it will be out of sync for the first 20-30 min and then eventually will catch up / be in sync so KODI's audio offset function cannot resolve the problem.
- Skipping chapters makes the issue worse
- On one movie, whenever I skipped a chapter, the audio went away completely. And on occasion, the video would stutter or freeze.

The hardware I'm using is an Intel NUC6i5SYK with 8GB of RAM which I figure should be sufficient for these purposes. I'm using HD audio passthrough which works fine apart from the obvious sync issues.

I've played around with KODI's cache settings thinking that could have been the culprit. That seems to have had no effect. It's also worth noting that 2D files play just fine so this only seems to be related to 3D movies.

Let me know if there's anything else I can provide to diagnose the issue. Many thanks in advance for any assistance!
(2017-05-02, 18:58)Statikk Wrote:
(2017-04-24, 01:32)filmgeek47 Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 23:54)dd76 Wrote: Only seems to happen to me on movies with TrueHD? Movies with DTSHD I can skip no problems...

My main issue isn't with skipping back and forth, it's that the video intermittently stutters during 3D MVC playback when bitstreaming HD audio. I do also have that issue though. Haven't checked to see if it's with all audio types or just some.

Same thing is happening for me with this build. The TrueHD audio skipping bug has been present for me for a long time but the stuttering was new. I had to revert back to an old build to eliminate the stuttering. Sadly the skipping issue we are just trying to learn to live with for now. I check what audio is in a movie before we start it and just warn my wife that once we start there is no skipping around. Sad

Thanks for the info! Helps to know I'm not the only one, thought something was up with my hardware.
(2017-05-02, 22:32)graham2017 Wrote: Hello, I'm a new user here so please forgive any ignorant comments! I've installed both the February and March builds on my Intel NUC HTPC setup and whenever I play a 3D MKV file (from 3d blu rays I ripped using MakeMKV), the audio and video are out of sync. I've searched through these threads and gather this is a common issue but I'm a little unclear how to fix it. Here's a quick rundown of some of the main issues I've had:

- Audio and video out of sync anywhere from several tenths of a second to about a second (audio is usually behind the video). Typically, when I start off playing a movie, it will be out of sync for the first 20-30 min and then eventually will catch up / be in sync so KODI's audio offset function cannot resolve the problem.
- Skipping chapters makes the issue worse
- On one movie, whenever I skipped a chapter, the audio went away completely. And on occasion, the video would stutter or freeze.

The hardware I'm using is an Intel NUC6i5SYK with 8GB of RAM which I figure should be sufficient for these purposes. I'm using HD audio passthrough which works fine apart from the obvious sync issues.

I've played around with KODI's cache settings thinking that could have been the culprit. That seems to have had no effect. It's also worth noting that 2D files play just fine so this only seems to be related to 3D movies.

Let me know if there's anything else I can provide to diagnose the issue. Many thanks in advance for any assistance!

So the skipping issue isn't resolvable right now, just a problem with the builds. Try downloading an older build to see if you get better results. I'm using a build from the December timeframe that solves a stuttering issue I've been having, and the audio is slightly out of sync, but it's subtle and consistent, so I can use the audio offset to fix it.

If you go back a few pages somebody posted a link to the older build.

Only thing you can do beyond that is to double check that all of your settings are correct (see the slideshow on page one).
  • 183(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10