• 184(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-05-03, 16:16)filmgeek47 Wrote:
(2017-05-02, 22:32)graham2017 Wrote: Hello, I'm a new user here so please forgive any ignorant comments! I've installed both the February and March builds on my Intel NUC HTPC setup and whenever I play a 3D MKV file (from 3d blu rays I ripped using MakeMKV), the audio and video are out of sync. I've searched through these threads and gather this is a common issue but I'm a little unclear how to fix it. Here's a quick rundown of some of the main issues I've had:

- Audio and video out of sync anywhere from several tenths of a second to about a second (audio is usually behind the video). Typically, when I start off playing a movie, it will be out of sync for the first 20-30 min and then eventually will catch up / be in sync so KODI's audio offset function cannot resolve the problem.
- Skipping chapters makes the issue worse
- On one movie, whenever I skipped a chapter, the audio went away completely. And on occasion, the video would stutter or freeze.

The hardware I'm using is an Intel NUC6i5SYK with 8GB of RAM which I figure should be sufficient for these purposes. I'm using HD audio passthrough which works fine apart from the obvious sync issues.

I've played around with KODI's cache settings thinking that could have been the culprit. That seems to have had no effect. It's also worth noting that 2D files play just fine so this only seems to be related to 3D movies.

Let me know if there's anything else I can provide to diagnose the issue. Many thanks in advance for any assistance!

So the skipping issue isn't resolvable right now, just a problem with the builds. Try downloading an older build to see if you get better results. I'm using a build from the December timeframe that solves a stuttering issue I've been having, and the audio is slightly out of sync, but it's subtle and consistent, so I can use the audio offset to fix it.

If you go back a few pages somebody posted a link to the older build.

Only thing you can do beyond that is to double check that all of your settings are correct (see the slideshow on page one).

Many thanks for the prompt reply! All of the settings are configured per the slideshow so I'll try one of the older builds.

All the best
(2017-05-03, 20:12)graham2017 Wrote:
(2017-05-03, 16:16)filmgeek47 Wrote:
(2017-05-02, 22:32)graham2017 Wrote: Hello, I'm a new user here so please forgive any ignorant comments! I've installed both the February and March builds on my Intel NUC HTPC setup and whenever I play a 3D MKV file (from 3d blu rays I ripped using MakeMKV), the audio and video are out of sync. I've searched through these threads and gather this is a common issue but I'm a little unclear how to fix it. Here's a quick rundown of some of the main issues I've had:

- Audio and video out of sync anywhere from several tenths of a second to about a second (audio is usually behind the video). Typically, when I start off playing a movie, it will be out of sync for the first 20-30 min and then eventually will catch up / be in sync so KODI's audio offset function cannot resolve the problem.
- Skipping chapters makes the issue worse
- On one movie, whenever I skipped a chapter, the audio went away completely. And on occasion, the video would stutter or freeze.

The hardware I'm using is an Intel NUC6i5SYK with 8GB of RAM which I figure should be sufficient for these purposes. I'm using HD audio passthrough which works fine apart from the obvious sync issues.

I've played around with KODI's cache settings thinking that could have been the culprit. That seems to have had no effect. It's also worth noting that 2D files play just fine so this only seems to be related to 3D movies.

Let me know if there's anything else I can provide to diagnose the issue. Many thanks in advance for any assistance!

So the skipping issue isn't resolvable right now, just a problem with the builds. Try downloading an older build to see if you get better results. I'm using a build from the December timeframe that solves a stuttering issue I've been having, and the audio is slightly out of sync, but it's subtle and consistent, so I can use the audio offset to fix it.

If you go back a few pages somebody posted a link to the older build.

Only thing you can do beyond that is to double check that all of your settings are correct (see the slideshow on page one).

Many thanks for the prompt reply! All of the settings are configured per the slideshow so I'll try one of the older builds.

All the best

This is the build I am using from October: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0tocj2...sp=sharing
limited skipping works, seems better than recent builds anyway.
I'm also having lots of image stuttering and audio starting good, but gradually moving out of sync. Again, older builds work fine. The last good build for me was 20161208.
I'm using a couple of Intel NUC 2820's, and they both have the same problem. Both using latest BIOS and drivers.
Here is a debug log in case it will help solve the issue.
Debug Log

I'll revert back for now and try newer builds as they become available.

EDIT... I also noticed that 2 of my CPU cores are always at 100%, and 2 are always at 0%. May be nothing, but I thought I'd mention it.
Glad to see some other people reporting on this issue. @afedchin, anything we can provide you with to help resolve this in future builds?

Thanks as always for all of your hard work!
(2017-05-04, 01:15)MrBfJohn Wrote: I'm also having lots of image stuttering and audio starting good, but gradually moving out of sync. Again, older builds work fine. The last good build for me was 20161208.
I'm using a couple of Intel NUC 2820's, and they both have the same problem. Both using latest BIOS and drivers.
Here is a debug log in case it will help solve the issue.
Debug Log

I'll revert back for now and try newer builds as they become available.

EDIT... I also noticed that 2 of my CPU cores are always at 100%, and 2 are always at 0%. May be nothing, but I thought I'd mention it.
+1 over here

Let's make one thing very clear: I'm very very grateful that afedchin brought mvc playback to the PC & kodi! Very nice job!

This is actually the only quirk I encounter.

2 extra things I noticed:
- it doesn't happen on all material (some stay always in sync, some don't)
- if movie is played from start no issue until you hit the pause or seek button. Then the slowly drifting out-of-sync starts.

When "set refresh rate" option is disabled, the issue doesn't occur (probably duh; which I currently use).

I'm running Feb mvc build (I think, can check which one exactly).

Maybe it is a subtle driver issue, ie actual driver refresh rate is different than requested/reported, and the delta depends on the requested refresh rate.

On the other hand I would expect that as audio and video are sent over the same hdmi port, same (physical) clock source is used, hence there should be no drifting a/v.....

Hmmmm strange.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Hello,

I have an AMD A6400K Processor with integrated graphic in my HTPC. I have tested this build, but the video stutters from time to time in 3D MVC format.
Is it possible that native 3D MVC Playback runs smoothly by adding an Nvidia Card to my htpc?
Thanks and Greetz Chris
(2017-05-11, 23:42)hero Wrote: Hello,

I have an AMD A6400K Processor with integrated graphic in my HTPC. I have tested this build, but the video stutters from time to time in 3D MVC format.
Is it possible that native 3D MVC Playback runs smoothly by adding an Nvidia Card to my htpc?
Thanks and Greetz Chris

Unfortunately the official purpose of this build is strictly for intel integrated graphics. I've seen some mixed reports of people having success on nvidia systems, but then you're running unsupported hardware on a fork of open source software, so reliability's probably going to be an issue if it works at all.
(2017-05-11, 23:42)hero Wrote: Hello,

Thanks and Greetz Chris
You could try this, nothing to lose: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2567992
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-05-01, 14:25)afedchin Wrote: yes, but I wasn't be able to reproduce on non 4k display. with a FHD dispaly the issue doesn't apper
(2017-05-01, 16:07)p750mmx Wrote: In Kodi 3D Hardware Mode it is also visible on my passive 3D 1080p computer monitor, a small line at the bottom when the 3D image is full screen (no black bars).
@afedchin Have you been able to reproduce the error?
Intel NUC6CAYH + afedchin's Kodi Windows MVC + LG OLED 55E6
Hows it going guys,

Is anybody having an issue where the movie will stop playing randomly in the middle of the movie? I been having this issue lately not with just 3D movies but 2D movies as well.
I can't even get a single movie to play. Someone, please help me troubleshoot.
Sorry mate, this is like: My car is not running, can someone fix it please.

Can you provide more information? Pls consider: Does it really have to do with this special build? Can you play movies using the oficial release?
Thanks, @walermalter! I posted here with details and went ignored.

Official release works fine with 2D movies. This build works fine with 2D movies.

This build does NOT work for 3D. The screen changes to OU mode (does not notify my TV) and the movie never plays. It just sits frozen.

At first, it wouldn't even show me the frozen fame of film not playing. Then, I added libmfx32 to my install directory and it got a step further.

Nvidia GTX 1080
Windows 10 CU
LG UH9500

MVC playback works perfectly with PowerDVD 17.
When you say "official release", are you using @afedchin's build in post #1 with libmfx32? If so, that an alternative to using native Intel graphics solution that this thread is about, but it should work... it's a software decoding method for MVC vs. hardware-based here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
official release = latest stable on kodi.tv
this build = @afedchin's build in post #1 with libmfx32

I'm open to decoding in any way that I can. If there's a hardware method with nVidia, please show me the way. If not, please show me how I can decode software.
  • 184(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10