• 185(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
There's no MVC support with official build, so @afedchin's build in post #1 with libmfx32 is necessary if you plan to use nVidia graphics and want Kodi to do the playback internally.

For a hardware method with nVidia, you can set-up Kodi with an external player, PowerDVD. See @brazen1's excellent write-up here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Ok, well that's what's not working. @afedchin's build in post #1 with libmfx32 DOES NOT work for me. Please help!
I think I did everything as suggested in the screenshot at page 1 but I cannot select "hardware based" on my kaby lake based NUC7I3BNH. I'm using the 21-March-2017 build which is marked as recommended (however, the Feb build seems to be recommended, too?). Any hints?
(2017-05-16, 12:20)palym Wrote: I think I did everything as suggested in the screenshot at page 1 but I cannot select "hardware based" on my kaby lake based NUC7I3BNH. I'm using the 21-March-2017 build which is marked as recommended (however, the Feb build seems to be recommended, too?). Any hints?
That's because it's not working on HDMI 2.0 which is what that NUC has. Known and reported issue, here and the Intel Communities.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-05-16, 12:50)fmedrano1977 Wrote: That's because it's not working on HDMI 2.0 which is what that NUC has. Known and reported issue, here and the Intel Communities.

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

Thanks for the provided clarification. I guess the same is true for HDR?
(2017-05-16, 13:09)palym Wrote:
(2017-05-16, 12:50)fmedrano1977 Wrote: That's because it's not working on HDMI 2.0 which is what that NUC has. Known and reported issue, here and the Intel Communities.

Thanks for the provided clarification. I guess the same is true for HDR?
I have the same NUC and there's no ability to enable HDR yet. Although I played a Smurfs 2 mkv with the HDR10 metadata with PowerDVD 17 and it kicked on HDR mode on my P-Series Vizio.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-05-16, 13:34)fmedrano1977 Wrote: I have the same NUC and there's no ability to enable HDR yet. Although I played a Smurfs 2 mkv with the HDR10 metadata with PowerDVD 17 and it kicked on HDR mode on my P-Series Vizio.

Thanks again for the info.

Another question I have is regarding the CIR transceiver which seem to work in 2 out of 3 cases only. I know this is a bit off-topic but as you said that you've got the same NUC: Do you have the same problem?
(2017-05-16, 13:45)palym Wrote:
(2017-05-16, 13:34)fmedrano1977 Wrote: I have the same NUC and there's no ability to enable HDR yet. Although I played a Smurfs 2 mkv with the HDR10 metadata with PowerDVD 17 and it kicked on HDR mode on my P-Series Vizio.

Thanks again for the info.

Another question I have is regarding the CIR transceiver which seem to work in 2 out of 3 cases only. I know this is a bit off-topic but as you said that you've got the same NUC: Do you have the same problem?
I would be able to tell you as I use this for a remote.

Ortek Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00224ZDFY/ref...gzbWKFEFQW

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-05-16, 14:13)fmedrano1977 Wrote: I would be able to tell you as I use this for a remote.

Ortek Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00224ZDFY/ref...gzbWKFEFQW

hmm ok, so not the build in receiver... anybody else?
(2017-05-15, 19:01)KrispyKreme Wrote: Hows it going guys,

Is anybody having an issue where the movie will stop playing randomly in the middle of the movie? I been having this issue lately not with just 3D movies but 2D movies as well.

Anybody else having this issue? I think I've seen it mentioned before
(2017-05-18, 06:15)KrispyKreme Wrote:
(2017-05-15, 19:01)KrispyKreme Wrote: Hows it going guys,

Is anybody having an issue where the movie will stop playing randomly in the middle of the movie? I been having this issue lately not with just 3D movies but 2D movies as well.

Anybody else having this issue? I think I've seen it mentioned before

I haven't seen that with my system. Actually haven't been using the April build for a while (had fewer issues with the February build) but even when I did use the April 14th build I wasn't having issues with outright stopping. Only time I saw that was after skipping back and forth, which seems to have been bugged from the start.
(2017-04-09, 03:55)filmgeek47 Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 03:19)3DBuff Wrote: Try old build of Kodi MVC. This link is to Dec. 2016 version from @fmedrano1977
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2559688

Thank you so much for the link! I was just combing through the thread looking for a version in this date range. I noticed around p120 of the thread people were discussing a very similar issue to this which was solved in one of those builds.

Will test and report back.

@afedchin

I can confirm this.
I have a nuc 2830. With both builds from march and february, i have audio and stuttering problems with some movies.
When i look , my cpu usage varies from 90 to 100%

When i use older builds everying runs smooth and fine, no stuttering, no audio problems and no higher cpu usage above 30%

I am forced to use the old build from december.

Something seriously sneaked into the february and march build

If i can help in a way..
Is the issue affecting only Celeron-based PC's or also i3 & up?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I remember couple post back I mention about the celeron base had issue but I resolve all my issue with the dell Inspiron 3050. I replace the hard drive that came with the unit with a 120 gig better performing drive reinstalled windows upgrade to creators pack install kodi and I have no more skipping buffering on my ISO files all is well.
Could we get the 17.3 update please?

https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v173-minor-...ty-release

Security

You may have read in the news that malicious subtitle zip files could potentionally infect and harm your media player including Kodi. When Check Point researchers uncovered this flaw they contact us up front to less us know about this flaw. Our developers fixed this secuity gap and have added the fix to this v17.2 release....

http://blog.checkpoint.com/2017/05/23/ha...anslation/
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
  • 185(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10