• 186(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-05-15, 09:34)Korrigan Wrote:
(2017-05-01, 14:25)afedchin Wrote: yes, but I wasn't be able to reproduce on non 4k display. with a FHD dispaly the issue doesn't apper
(2017-05-01, 16:07)p750mmx Wrote: In Kodi 3D Hardware Mode it is also visible on my passive 3D 1080p computer monitor, a small line at the bottom when the 3D image is full screen (no black bars).
@afedchin Have you been able to reproduce the error?
Update: It doesn't happen with all 16:9 fullscreen movies! I rewatched Ant-Man and it didn't have the problem. Switched to Guardians of the Galaxy - problem was there!
Intel NUC6CAYH + afedchin's Kodi Windows MVC + LG OLED 55E6
Hey guys,
I purchased a BEELINK BT3-II, which has the Atom-based CPU Z8350. Since the CPU is just an update on the Z8300, which is used in the original BEELINK BT3 - which had some good reviews here-, I was hoping for uncomplicated 3D-ISO Playback & dts-MA decoded to LPCM 7.1.
While 2d-Playback is good, I have not been able to play any 3d-ISO file with KODI :-( Tried it with own untouched ISOs as well as the ISO-samples from KODI-WIKI: It will always switch my TV into 3D-mode, but then I get like for 1-2 seconds a black full screen and then I am back in the KODI UI with the menus showing in 3D and the movie soundtrack playing in the background, but no 3D movie ! When stopping playback KODI is unusable: it either does not react at all or menus are that sluggish that I have to quit and restart it.
I am on WIN10-64bit off a clean install with all latest patches and driver updates installed(but also tried some older graphics drivers, but did not help). Using the KODI build linked on page 1 of this thread and followed EXACTLY all steps described in the tutorial also on page 1 with the exception that I didnt set WASAPI as audio device in KODI since BT3 does not support audio passthrough for HD-audio.
My conclusion so far is that either

a. I am doing something substantially wrong...

OR

b. Z8350-chipset does not support 3d-Iso playback as its predecessor Z8300 does.

OR

c. The KODI build suggested on page 1 has serious 3D playback issues with Cherry Trail chipsets...

Any guess? Maybe anyone who got things working with a Z8350-device?
Thanks!!!
Regards
Chris
(2017-05-26, 19:34)Chris_77 Wrote: Hey guys,
I purchased a BEELINK BT3-II, which has the Atom-based CPU Z8350. Since the CPU is just an update on the Z8300, which is used in the original BEELINK BT3 - which had some good reviews here-, I was hoping for uncomplicated 3D-ISO Playback & dts-MA decoded to LPCM 7.1.
While 2d-Playback is good, I have not been able to play any 3d-ISO file with KODI :-( Tried it with own untouched ISOs as well as the ISO-samples from KODI-WIKI: It will always switch my TV into 3D-mode, but then I get like for 1-2 seconds a black full screen and then I am back in the KODI UI with the menus showing in 3D and the movie soundtrack playing in the background, but no 3D movie ! When stopping playback KODI is unusable: it either does not react at all or menus are that sluggish that I have to quit and restart it.
I am on WIN10-64bit off a clean install with all latest patches and driver updates installed(but also tried some older graphics drivers, but did not help). Using the KODI build linked on page 1 of this thread and followed EXACTLY all steps described in the tutorial also on page 1 with the exception that I didnt set WASAPI as audio device in KODI since BT3 does not support audio passthrough for HD-audio.

OR

b. Z8350-chipset does not support 3d-Iso playback as its predecessor Z8300 does.

OR

c. The KODI build suggested on page 1 has serious 3D playback issues with Cherry Trail chipsets...

Thanks!!!
Regards
Chris

Hey Chris,
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with that specific chipset, but I've read up on various 3D specific issues people have been reporting. Does your device output in 4K or only up to HD? I know some people with 4K capable hardware have only had luck at this time playing back with the resolution set to HD.

Is there another video port you can try connecting through (i.e. DisplayPort vs hdmi etc)? Sometimes if you have multiple video outputs, some use different controller chips that can wreck havoc with 3D playback.

You also might consider trying some of the older builds from last fall. In my case, an issue I have with the latest couple of builds actually doesn't occur in the older (circa October or so) builds. Worth a shot.

Also, are you running the latest Windows 10 creators update? If so, might be worth trying to get a hold of an older build as at this point I don't believe it's been verified to work with this fork of Kodi, and it did change some underlying video playback functionality.

If it's a newer device I'd also check for bios updates, just to be safe.

Wish I could be of more help. Best of luck!
(2017-05-28, 09:17)filmgeek47 Wrote:
(2017-05-26, 19:34)Chris_77 Wrote: Hey guys,

OR

OR

Thanks!!!
Regards
Chris

Hey Chris,
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with that specific chipset, but I've read up on various 3D specific issues people have been reporting. Does your device output in 4K or only up to HD? I know some people with 4K capable hardware have only had luck at this time playing back with the resolution set to HD.

Is there another video port you can try connecting through (i.e. DisplayPort vs hdmi etc)? Sometimes if you have multiple video outputs, some use different controller chips that can wreck havoc with 3D playback.

You also might consider trying some of the older builds from last fall. In my case, an issue I have with the latest couple of builds actually doesn't occur in the older (circa October or so) builds. Worth a shot.

Also, are you running the latest Windows 10 creators update? If so, might be worth trying to get a hold of an older build as at this point I don't believe it's been verified to work with this fork of Kodi, and it did change some underlying video playback functionality.

If it's a newer device I'd also check for bios updates, just to be safe.

Wish I could be of more help. Best of luck!

Hey,
Thanks for the reply!

I already installed newest drivers and also flashed the bios up2date and my device only has one HDMI output. And output is 1080p since I dont have 4k-TV.

@older builds: I also thought trying that out. Is there a site/link that will list all the older builds or where do I get them from?

@WIN10 creator's update: I am not sure. I did a clean install off a specific boot image provided by the manufacturer. I believe it's just "normal" WIN10-64bit Home license, but not sure where or what to look for ( sorry for my lack of knowledge, but it's my first time back to Win-OS after abandoning it 10 years ago in favor of MAC-OS)

@64bit Win10: you think this could also be a source for failure? I know that a lot of those 64-bit capable Atom machines used to be shipped with Win10-32 in first half of 2016 due to lack of Bios support and got updated with 64bit Bios&OS later on. I was not able to tell whether the reviewed devices as the BT3 were tested on 32 or 64bit OS. Is the latest build 32 or 64 bit?

Thanks

Chris
(2017-05-28, 09:17)filmgeek47 Wrote: You also might consider trying some of the older builds from last fall. In my case, an issue I have with the latest couple of builds actually doesn't occur in the older (circa October or so) builds. Worth a shot.

Mind sharing that October build?

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-05-19, 22:18)Skank Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 03:55)filmgeek47 Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 03:19)3DBuff Wrote: Try old build of Kodi MVC. This link is to Dec. 2016 version from @fmedrano1977
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2559688

Thank you so much for the link! I was just combing through the thread looking for a version in this date range. I noticed around p120 of the thread people were discussing a very similar issue to this which was solved in one of those builds.

Will test and report back.

@afedchin

I can confirm this.
I have a nuc 2830. With both builds from march and february, i have audio and stuttering problems with some movies.
When i look , my cpu usage varies from 90 to 100%

When i use older builds everying runs smooth and fine, no stuttering, no audio problems and no higher cpu usage above 30%

I am forced to use the old build from december.

Something seriously sneaked into the february and march build

If i can help in a way..

@afedchin, any chance you look into this?
(2017-05-28, 15:31)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-05-28, 09:17)filmgeek47 Wrote: You also might consider trying some of the older builds from last fall. In my case, an issue I have with the latest couple of builds actually doesn't occur in the older (circa October or so) builds. Worth a shot.

Mind sharing that October build?

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

I'm on my phone right now so it's awkward to repost it, but it's the one linked on p.184
Hi,
does anyone know where I can download Intel HD graphics driver v20.19.15.4331 for Cherry Trail SoC? I now have my second unit with Z8300 and just cannot get it to work with 3D isos. SInce it came with a much newer driver I would like to at least try the driver version suggested in the table sheet.
Thanks!
Br
Chris
(2017-06-01, 03:19)Chris_77 Wrote: Hi,
does anyone know where I can download Intel HD graphics driver v20.19.15.4331 for Cherry Trail SoC? I now have my second unit with Z8300 and just cannot get it to work with 3D isos. Since it came with a much newer driver I would like to at least try the driver version suggested in the table sheet.
Thanks!
Br
Chris

Why do you keep on buying these Z8300 is 3D is not working, in this thread there a lot of Hardware that people have 3D successfully working and some are even cheaper than Z8300.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-06-01, 14:32)movie78 Wrote:
does anyone know where I can download Intel HD graphics driver v20.19.15.4331 for Cherry Trail SoC? I now have my second unit with Z8300 and just cannot get it to work with 3D isos. Since it came with a much newer driver I would like to at least try the driver version suggested in the table sheet.
Thanks!
Br
Chris

Why do you keep on buying these Z8300 is 3D is not working, in this thread there a lot of Hardware that people have 3D successfully working and some are even cheaper than Z8300.

Very simple:
1. More than one Z8300 can be found in th table of suggested devices
2. It has been reported more than once and by experienced user like HDMKV ( who did the review on the Beelink BT3) that these devices work quite well with this 3d fork.
3. Performance for intended use as media-streaming box only good enough & with 4Gig of RAM also quite snapy for that use.
4. Small form factor & FANLESS design, which I love because I dont want any fans in my living room...
5. Very low power consumption
6. Fairly priced I would say, and depending on device can also be pricier( as the minix 83-4 I have right now) than othe solutions

These are more than enough reasons for me to give it a try and also at least ask for some help here. Since people in this forum actually reported that they had 3d iso up and running with such devices I still hope that someone might give me a hint or guide me to the right direction...and since I cannot find the driver suggested in the table of supported devices by this forum, I thought asking for it would be a good start point...

Anyway, did not mean to bother you....

Chris
does anyone know where I can download Intel HD graphics driver v20.19.15.4331 for Cherry Trail SoC? I now have my second unit with Z8300 and just cannot get it to work with 3D isos. SInce it came with a much newer driver I would like to at least try the driver version suggested in the table sheet.
Thanks!
Br
Chris

V20.19.15.4331
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Any news on 17.3?
... or the fullscreen bottom distortion bug? Smile
Intel NUC6CAYH + afedchin's Kodi Windows MVC + LG OLED 55E6
Has anyone got the Sept 2016 mvc wip build they could upload please just for backup purposes

tested Latest Build KodiSetup-20170321-85da1e3c99-msdk_mvc_wip

and is working fine for me tested 2 full 3d iso movies dts-hd 7.1 no sound problems.

no bugs found so far if anyone wants me to test anything i will.

I am using 20.19.15.4531 intel driver.

Thanks
NUC5I5RYH
yamaha RX-V777
BenQ w1070
samsung ue55nu7100

I don't hope that this thread is dead? I also would like to see an update to 17.3.
  • 186(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10