• 188(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
upto £300

just will be used for kodi to play my movies.

the spreadsheet is really confusing as it says the 300xx broadwell at bottom isnt recommended but the cubi is 3205u broadwell and worked great
and also the j1900 is recommended and that one shows no to tru3d and no to most codec support.

would like minimum 4 usb ports and would be perfect if it has msata or sata support but m.2 would be ok.

can get this one NUC6i3SYH its expensive but just under budget not sure if will be good.

thanks
NUC5I5RYH
yamaha RX-V777
BenQ w1070
samsung ue55nu7100

(2017-06-27, 15:05)haxel666 Wrote: upto £300

the spreadsheet is really confusing as it says the 300xx Broadwell at the bottom isn't recommended but the cubi is 3205u Broadwell and worked great
and also the j1900 is recommended and that one shows no to tru3d and no to most codec support.

would like minimum 4 USB ports and would be perfect if it has msata or SATA support but m.2 would be ok.

can get this one NUC6i3SYH it's expensive but just under budget not sure if will be good.

thanks

If you need something now get the Intel NUC D34010WYK for less than $150.
Don't get anything Kabylake too much uncertainty with that hardware.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-06-27, 15:13)movie78 Wrote:

the spreadsheet is really confusing as it says the 300xx Broadwell at the bottom isn't recommended but the cubi is 3205u Broadwell and worked great

would like minimum 4 USB ports and would be perfect if it has msata or SATA support but m.2 would be ok.

can get this one NUC6i3SYH it's expensive but just under budget not sure if will be good.

thanks

I found this one the cheapest intel nuc5i3myhe i3 5010u maple canyon
would that be well supported?
NUC5I5RYH
yamaha RX-V777
BenQ w1070
samsung ue55nu7100

they dont have the D34010WYK available in uk but wish i could get one for that price.

the cubi i had was on a good deal like that. Really cant find anything under £250 (roughly $300) what will run 3d iso movies and dts hd

this is search results from amazon uk
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...=intel+nuc

and another computer sales i use sometimes
http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Components/c...+ascending

if you can advise me anything on that list cheapest what will work.

From what i can its the j1900 but would prefer 4 usb ports built in and something slightly quicker.
NUC5I5RYH
yamaha RX-V777
BenQ w1070
samsung ue55nu7100

(2017-06-27, 15:57)haxel666 Wrote:
(2017-06-27, 15:13)movie78 Wrote:

thanks

I found this one the cheapest Intel nuc5i3myhe i3 5010u maple canyon
would that be well supported?

Even better
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Thanks going to order nuc5i3myhe

Would you recommend i use the latest recommended build with it as seen lots of negative comments on it.

Or stick to old build.
NUC5I5RYH
yamaha RX-V777
BenQ w1070
samsung ue55nu7100

(2017-06-27, 18:08)haxel666 Wrote: Thanks going to order nuc5i3myhe

Would you recommend I use the latest recommended build with it as seen lots of negative comments on it?

Or stick to old build.

Alway use the latest version if you have an issue with then revert back the version that you are comfortable with.
When the KODI come out 17.3 native 3D MVC Playback?!
Please read at least the last posts of this thread. Especilly this one.
I got a nuc5i5ryh in the end better offer.

I noticed some users on here have experienced problems with 3d playback.

Just wanted to share my experience in case it helps anyone.

I first setup into my Yamaha receiver via mini dp to hdmi

Which caused sync problems with audio and video in most 3d movies i tested.

Not sure if it's the cable 1.1 spec on box even though Amazon spec said it does full 3d

Then changed to mini hdmi to hdmi connection to amp played all same movies with no problems

Skipping and forward rewind all work also watched 2 full 3d movies without problems.

I am using Windows 10 with all latest updates and downloaded the latest drivers from Intel support page for my product. (Intel update utility didn't have anything newer)

AND THE latest recommended kodi build.

Not tested atoms files yet as don't have that feature on amp only does 7.1 dts hd and true hd

But will find get an atoms 3d movie and test playback.

Movies tested so far are Warcraft 3d and rogue one 3d both iso.

Also watched several music concerts in dts hd.

Hope helps someone.
NUC5I5RYH
yamaha RX-V777
BenQ w1070
samsung ue55nu7100

I have the Beebox-S 7200U
Liking it with KODI Build 21-March-2017 Windows MVC build.

However, I am experiencing 2 VERY annoying problems.

Every time I turn off the TV and leave the Beebox running, KODI goes into a windowed mode when I turn the TV back on. The problem is there is no way to maximize the window. I essentially have to force close KODI and restart to get things back to normal.

Also, My Amp is only 5.1 capable via digital cable. So, if a movie is 7.1, I cannot hear sound. My other playback device (HI MEDIA) down mixes 7.1 to 5.1. However, this build doesn't seem to be able to do that. I can figure out how to playback stereo, but I'd much prefer a down mix to 5.1

Any help to fix the above? Huh
(2017-07-10, 19:20)Jamey Wrote: I have the Beebox-S 7200U
Liking it with KODI Build 21-March-2017 Windows MVC build.

However, I am experiencing 2 VERY annoying problems.

Every time I turn off the TV and leave the Beebox running, KODI goes into a windowed mode when I turn the TV back on. The problem is there is no way to maximize the window. I essentially have to force close KODI and restart to get things back to normal.

Also, My Amp is only 5.1 capable via digital cable. So, if a movie is 7.1, I cannot hear the sound. My other playback device (HIMEDIA) downmixes 7.1 to 5.1. However, this build doesn't seem to be able to do that. I can figure out how to playback stereo, but I'd much prefer a downmix to 5.1

Any help to fix the above? : huh:

I have the same issue and it's pretty annoying, but this is what I do, just play any movie and the windowed problem will change.
I hope one the Windows dev can look into this issue.
Found a solution that works... don't know of any side problems...yet. Probably not the best route... but, works
REGEDIT: Make a backup of the configuration entry before continuing though:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
Only under the "SIMULATED" keys, change the keys decimals to:

PrimSurfSize.cx = 1920
PrimSurfSize.cy = 1080
Under "00":

ActiveSize.cx = 1920
ActiveSize.cy = 1080
So after getting a proper receiver, I can now here 7.1 sound. However, when watching a 3D movie, I always have to change the audio offset to 0.150s. If I watch 2D, the sync is fine. Is there a way to automatically change sync to 0.150s when 3D is activated and change sync back to 0.0s when not activated??
Hi,

I have the Beebox-S 7200U and using KODI 21-March-2017 build with MVC. Latest drivers installed using Intel' Driver Update Utility. I followed all the instructions but in KODI I cannot select "hardware based" 3D as the preferred mode.
I see other people have had the same problem but cannot find the solution. I also see other members with the exact same setup I have but no complaints!

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks!
  • 188(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10