Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
@ArieS Thanks for the reply. I haven't actually thought to check to see if it's only Dolby specific or not. I've been using the Star Trek Reboot movies that have 3D releases, to test with, but I believe they are Dolby, so you may be onto something there.

@brazen1 Appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think it's the solution I'm looking for. I did experiment with that early on in the process of setting things up, but I ran into a few issues. One of the bigger ones was noise levels with the PC + GPU. That and enabling 3D resolution made everything a bit blurry on screen, and had to be switched each time I played something. I also had some issues getting MPC to quit out and return to kodi when I hit stop, so it wasn't a particularly seamless experience.

I will say I think when I was messing around with all of that it was on Windows 7, so I'm sure it's improved, but if nothing else, I'd rather not have to buy another GPU, motherboard and processor, as that'll almost certainly add up to much more than the 150 ish range I'm shopping in.

Anybody else? It's starting to sound like this is just a flaw with the new builds, and that no sub $300 boxes are actually playing 3D + 7.1 Dolby correctly.

Anybody with an inexpensive box that DOES have that working without stutter or loss of sync?

If not, @afedchin, is there any way this could go on the list of bugs to address for the future? Is there somewhere on the github page I should be posting info on this? Really appreciate all the hard work you've put into the build, but unfortunately this particular bug renders the fork somewhat useless for me at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by filmgeek47 - 2017-08-04, 07:16
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10