• 191(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Where could we find new Kodi MVC builds?
There haven't been any since the 17.1-based build (linked to in post#1). Now that 17.4 is imminent, hoping @afedchin releases one based on that after its final.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-08-16, 02:57)hdmkv Wrote: There haven't been any since the 17.1-based build (linked to in post#1). Now that 17.4 is imminent, hoping @afedchin releases one based on that after its final.

That would be great.
Hi @all,

thanks a lot for your work @afedchin!
I'm using an Intel NUC DN2820FYKH (Windows 10) -> HDMI -> Denon AVR-X4200w -> HDMI -> Optoma HD161x. Since some time now there is a strange behaviour. Windows sound settings are set to 7.1. Kodi settings also set to passthrough 7.1. All movies are rendered brilliant (2D / 3D) with an amazing sound (Dolby Atmos, etc.) and smooth playback.
After several restarts of the computer the windows sound setting is changed to 2.0 and all movies are stuttering. Confused The display of the receiver shows Multi Channel PCM. After “restoring” the windows settings all is working fine until next reboot.
What can I do Huh

Thanks a lot for suggestions!
(2017-08-16, 02:57)hdmkv Wrote: There haven't been any since the 17.1-based build (linked to in post#1). Now that 17.4 is imminent, hoping @afedchin releases one based on that after its final.
At this point I would rather have Leia builds Smile
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
I'll take either Smile. Happy to just see MVC continued to be supported.
My HT
Strange that MVC is not in the main branch yet)
It can't be as explained in post #1... "MVC feature requires a patched build of ffmpeg, which unfortunately is not acceptable for mainline".
My HT
Now Kodi 17.4 is available and it would be really great if we can get an update.
(2017-05-19, 22:18)Skank Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 03:55)filmgeek47 Wrote:
(2017-04-09, 03:19)3DBuff Wrote: Try old build of Kodi MVC. This link is to Dec. 2016 version from @fmedrano1977
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2559688

Thank you so much for the link! I was just combing through the thread looking for a version in this date range. I noticed around p120 of the thread people were discussing a very similar issue to this which was solved in one of those builds.

Will test and report back.

@afedchin

I can confirm this.
I have a nuc 2830. With both builds from march and february, i have audio and stuttering problems with some movies.
When i look , my cpu usage varies from 90 to 100%

When i use older builds everying runs smooth and fine, no stuttering, no audio problems and no higher cpu usage above 30%

I am forced to use the old build from december.

Something seriously sneaked into the february and march build

If i can help in a way..

cause of this, still on beta version .. Sad
Guess no progress or further builds are coming this time..
Hey guys, I'm just installed this version of Kodi on my laptop. It's an AMD APU but plays 3D iso files fine and all my movies populate just fine. But won't populate my TV Shows section, it shows that library empty and wants me to go to the files section, which I've added and deleted several times. I tried scraping with both TVDB and TMDB TV with the same result.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a guide to tell me how to do this right?

Thanks!
When you added the source containing your TV shows, did you set the type of media to "TV Shows" (IIRC that is what it is called).
For tv shows make sure you have right file structure

folder should be named with series name

for each season there should be a seperate folder for each season i e season 1 season 2 etc
if there are any specials they need to be put in a folder season 0

each episode needs to be labelled correctly ie s01e01 - episode name

list of series names and episodes can be found on the link below

http://thetvdb.com
(2016-04-10, 19:11)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-04-10, 18:54)dukester Wrote: ...i use a mysql database also so on the rare occasion something scrapes with wrong or invalid info i just need to fix it once and the database gets updated...
What am i missing that these external programs do that make them a better solution?
More control, and with each movie/TV folder, same metadata and artwork get picked up in all Kodi boxes. But, sounds like you're doing the similar w/your mysql database to keep your Kodi library centralized? Otherwise, you'd need to scape and fix incorrectly identified content, or artwork you want to alter, w/every Kodi box you have.

On a different note, I just tried April 7 build on DN2820FYKH NUC and found lip-sync error worse than previous builds. April 1 and 7 both work well on Dell 3050. movie78, have you tried April 7? Never mind, I see you did.

@hdmkv

Hi hdmkv, I am new to the intel NUC scene in relation to mvc 3d files from mkv. Based on some of your early recommendations I have purchased a Intel NUC DN2820FYKH and I am going to install Windows 10 and the recommended drivers and a Windows 3D MVC Bluray test build. I have now read that some builds on the Intel NUC DN2820FYKH have lip sync issues. Can you please tell me which build (latest recommended) for the Intel NUC DN2820FYKH is best to avoid these lip sync issues? Can you please provide a link for me?

My apologies for not sending you a PM but the system won't let me at this stage Sad

Many thanks.
Hi @Justifier, I'd start with the latest available build (17.1) in post #1, and report back how it works for you. It has been a while since I had a DN2820FYKH, so unsure about which build is the best fit.
My HT
  • 191(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10