• 192(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-09-06, 03:32)hdmkv Wrote: Hi @Justifier, I'd start with the latest available build (17.1) in post #1, and report back how it works for you. It has been a while since I had a DN2820FYKH, so unsure about which build is the best fit.

Thanks @hdmkv.

Can anyone else please comment as to their recommended build date/version of Kodi for the DN2820FYKH which hopefully avoids lip sync issues with MVC 3D mkv files made with MakeMKV? I know ISO are known to cause issues but I am hoping there is a build which avoids any issues with MVC 3D mkv files.

I have read through most of the thread and note that 1st April 2016 build was recommended by some a long time ago but obviously that is pretty old. I have also read people having issues with the latest builds too. Hopefully there are some of you out there that still have the DN2820FYKH and can comment.

Cheers
(2017-09-06, 03:42)Justifier Wrote:
(2017-09-06, 03:32)hdmkv Wrote: Hi @Justifier, I'd start with the latest available build (17.1) in post #1, and report back how it works for you. It has been a while since I had a DN2820FYKH, so unsure about which build is the best fit.

Thanks @hdmkv.

Can anyone else please comment as to their recommended build date/version of Kodi for the DN2820FYKH which hopefully avoids lip sync issues with MVC 3D mkv files made with MakeMKV? I know ISO are known to cause issues but I am hoping there is a build which avoids any issues with MVC 3D mkv files.

I have read through most of the thread and note that 1st April 2016 build was recommended by some a long time ago but obviously that is pretty old. I have also read people having issues with the latest builds too. Hopefully there are some of you out there that still have the DN2820FYKH and can comment.

Cheers

Last build that has no issues with dn2820 is the december build, later builds have issues with hd audio and stutter.

Hold in thought that december build is beta.. And we are already at 17.4
Im doubting to buy a new nuc cause of that. But they are expensive.. And no further support for it... So...
Back to zidoo and stuff?
Agree. MVC with Kodi has been supported solely by @afedchin from the onset. Thankful he opted to support it as Intel MVC quality is excellent. But, w/o continued support, it leaves us in limbo and necessitates a backup solution (Zidoo X9S in my case).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
He's busy working on the UWP, which will give people Kodi on the Xbox. He's pretty much a boss.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Need to clone @afedchin. Hopefully, he can return here before too long.
My HT
Do we know already if the xbox release will have MVC playback? Big Grin

NoTechi
(2017-09-20, 09:16)NoTechi Wrote: Do we know already if the xbox release will have MVC playback? Big Grin

NoTechi
no, will not. at least before ffmpeg will do support DXVA mvc decoder
@afedchin. Why did ffmpeg not accept your patches for an official H264 codec extension (MVC)? You would think an open source project would jump at the chance to accept new features.
@rewsteruk, can you please tell me what build of Kodi MVC you are using for your Beelink AP34 N3450 Apollo Lake? I have just purchased one based on some of your posts and I am keen to get it working perfectly with regards to lip sync etc. Thanks.
@Justifier, I am using the latest build (21 Mar), I do get the odd sync issue, but pressing rewind gets it back into sync, this is normally right at the start of a film. I made a few smartphone videos showing 3D films in sync on my LG OLED TV.
@rewsteruk, thanks. Sorry I'm a bit of a noob with this stuff. Is that 21 Mar 2016 or 21 Mar 2017 and can you please provide a link?
Thanks again
Never mind I found it on page 1 - der....sorry
@Justifier, yep the 21 Mar 2017 on page one. If you are not worried about Atmos or DTS:X and don't mind PCM conversion disable passthrough in settings, I have not had any sync issues with that configuration and a few with passthrough enabled.
It lives! New build dated September 8th available! See post #1, and please test and report back. Thanks @afedchin!
My HT
@afedchin @hdmkv

Thanks for the new build. After a quick test, the Sep 8 build switches the TV to 3D mode but plays in 2D. It appears to be 17.5RC1

I tried installing the 21 Mar build and extracting the kodi.exe from the 8 Sep build and adding to the c:\Program Files(x86)\Kodi folder, leaving the patched ffmpeg intact, so it is possible that the kodi.exe has not been compiled with the patches to switch 3D with ffmpeg.

This is the same effect if you extract kodi.exe from a non-MVC build, the interface is in 3D but the video is in 2D.

I put the full 21 Mar back on and 3D works fine again.
  • 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10