• 194(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
@DEcosse, glad you found my blog useful, added link in article to cheap Windows 10 Pro license.

I have finally got round to adding the correct power usage figures for the Beelink AP34 Kodi 3D MVC article:

Off: 1.5 Watts
Idle: 3.5 Watts
Film Playback: 5.4 Watts

Good figures and shows why it does not need a fan.
^ Again great info - that was my other (unasked) question wondering how hot it would get.
My other Windows system is a NUC54250wyk - the fan is not horribly annoying but it does kick on now & again
I just recently switched that over to Win 10 Pro - had been running LinuxMint on it until recently but it crashed severely - twice - while installing updates to 18.2 after the initial upgrade (which itself had gone ok) - had to reinstall completely from scratch again
After second time, went route similar to you & switched to Windows Pro with a low-cost license
I've been playing around with some Android systems - my BeeLink Mini MXiii ii (with dual-boot LibreElec) is actually the best out of three, vs MiBox and MeCoolM82Pro
Even the Android Kodi works well enough for most stuff on the station where I use it (1080, no external sound).
- Android boxes are limited for me as I use a Browser-based subscription (Flash) streamer for my Sports Team and although Android works with it for stored videos, the Live Games will not work on Android platforms.
After screwing around with Android boxes, just ready to return to Intel based platform - although I'll keep my Beelink box as my 'third' unit in my work-out room.
Have to say this Beelink box looks excellent value at the price.
Tested the 9/22 build on the dn2820. Similar issues as the last builds. The December build from 2016 is still the way to go on this box. I appreciate the continued releases from afedchin though! I may just have to buy a little more powerful NUC in the future.
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
@Ecosse, just playing videos the case is barely warm.

There is a LibreElec x86 build by @Milhouse I think the HiRes audio pass-through might work already as the AP34 is HDMI 1.4. Last time I looked they have NOT got 3D MVC working so not able to use, I will have to see if they have got anywhere with 3D.

It does sound like the Intel Windows 10 box makes sense for you.
@Stattik, is that the 8 Dec or 22 Dec build? Just wanted to give it a try.
(2017-09-24, 23:16)rewsteruk Wrote: @Stattik, is that the 8 Dec or 22 Dec build? Just wanted to give it a try.

I use the 8th of December. I think that's the last known working one for the 2820. I don't have a copy of the 22nd build to try though.
Pity many of us dn2820 users are stuck on that beta build from december Sad

@afedchin: willing or having time to look into that issue?
Something changed, i dunno what

I can confirm last build also has issues.
@MrBfJohn @Skank

This might be worth a shot for the dn2820, you may have already tried it, but copy the ffmpeg files from the 8 Dec 2016 build to the 18 Sep 2017 build.

I have added them to My OneDrive - Kodi 3D MVC Folder, download the 'ffmpeg files.zip' file, inside there are 2 folders (Dec 8 2016 and Sep 18 2017 These include the ffmpeg Dll files and the Kodi.exe for that version), and 2 png files with the Product versions of the ffmpeg dll files:

1. Install the latest 18 Sep build.

2. Open folder C:\Program Files(x86)\Kodi

3. Open the ffmpeg files.zip, browse to the Dec 8 folder

4. Select all the files ending in .dll (do not select the kodi.exe) and drag or copy them to C:\Program Files(x86)\Kodi, you will be prompted to overwrite 7 files.

If there is no effect then just copy the dll files from the 18 Sep folder in the zip file into the C:\Program Files(x86)\Kodi.

Hopefully, this is not a placebo effect, but I managed to playback Big Hero 6 with no judder. Just going to do some more testing.
I'll give it a go when I get 5 minutes. Cheers.
Please let us know. If not, will offer 12/8 build in post #1 for DN2820 users if one of you can share with me.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
@hdmkv, the full 8 Dec build is in the Onedrive link in my post #2908 if you need it.
Thanks; added to post #1.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2017-09-24, 19:52)rewsteruk Wrote: @DEcosse, glad you found my blog useful, added link in article to cheap Windows 10 Pro license.

I have finally got round to adding the correct power usage figures for the Beelink AP34 Kodi 3D MVC article:

Off: 1.5 Watts
Idle: 3.5 Watts
Film Playback: 5.4 Watts

Good figures and shows why it does not need a fan.

I got my box today @rewsteruk - I also went with the 4G AP34 - like you, the additional for the memory or AP42 Processor did not appear warranted
Amazing value - it's looking very good so far.
I also installed the Pro Upgrade right from get-go, which went hitch-free.
Thanks again for pointing me towards this sweet little Windows Box
Anybody having 3D.ISO movies AudioSync issues with the new update?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-09-25, 21:37)rewsteruk Wrote: @MrBfJohn @Skank

This might be worth a shot for the dn2820, you may have already tried it, but copy the ffmpeg files from the 8 Dec 2016 build to the 18 Sep 2017 build.

I have added them to My OneDrive - Kodi 3D MVC Folder, download the 'ffmpeg files.zip' file, inside there are 2 folders (Dec 8 2016 and Sep 18 2017 These include the ffmpeg Dll files and the Kodi.exe for that version), and 2 png files with the Product versions of the ffmpeg dll files:

1. Install the latest 18 Sep build.

2. Open folder C:\Program Files(x86)\Kodi

3. Open the ffmpeg files.zip, browse to the Dec 8 folder

4. Select all the files ending in .dll (do not select the kodi.exe) and drag or copy them to C:\Program Files(x86)\Kodi, you will be prompted to overwrite 7 files.

If there is no effect then just copy the dll files from the 18 Sep folder in the zip file into the C:\Program Files(x86)\Kodi.

Hopefully, this is not a placebo effect, but I managed to playback Big Hero 6 with no judder. Just going to do some more testing.

anyone tested this with dn2820?
  • 194(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10