• 195(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
OK, so I tried this whilst the forum was down, so I wasn't able to refresh my memory. I also moved over the EXE. The good news is, it works. Kodi loads up with the 17.4 splash screen, but actually plays the 3d files perfectly. It does however show it's version as 17.0 when I go to Settings>System information. I couldn't find a feature that would confirm it's actually running 17.4. Is there something you know of that I can check?
@MrBfJohn, I have disabled the splash screen so never see that screen, the splash screen is a graphic file so that is why it says 17.4

If you move ALL the exe and ffmpeg files to your 17.4 build, you would have converted the install to 6/12 (17.0), that is known to work. Could you try this the guide version.

My post was trying to see what happens if you have a 17.4 build and downgrade the ffmpeg files to the older build (17.0 where the video synced ok).

I have left mine in the configuration I described (well I forgot I had left it this way this week), so I have 17.4 exe (22/9) and  17.0b6 ffmpeg files(9/12), I have played 3 3D films and have not had to skip back for sync.

--

@afedchin There are only slight changes in file sizes it would be interesting if anything has actually changed in these files or are they static from when the MVC feature was added, or is just the version numbers making the files sizes different.  Just want to know if this is a placebo affect as my 17.4 build worked very well on my Beelink AP34 with just minor syncing issues.
Hi,

never change a running system.  Devil 

After Windows 10 Creators Update 3D MVC doesn´t work anymore.
Does anyone has the same issue or do someone know what to do?

Thank you
Video HTPC: Intel i3-6100T, ASUS H170I-PRO, 8 GB-DDR4,128GB SSD, Silverstone LC19
Gaming HTPC: Intel i5-3570, ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe, 8GB-DDR3, 128 GB SSD, Bitfenix Prodigy Black
@Coolio510,

Creators Update, version 1703, OS build 15063

Not from updating the OS, but I did have this issue once, as far as I can remember solved with this:

Check and update the graphics drivers to the latest version, check in Display Properties that 1920 x 1080 (3D) is selected, reboot
In Kodi check that 'Hardware' appears in the Kodi > System settings > 3D Stereoscopic > Preferred.  Sometimes it can take a while for the 'Hardware' option to reappear.
OK I´ll try this. Thank you.
Video HTPC: Intel i3-6100T, ASUS H170I-PRO, 8 GB-DDR4,128GB SSD, Silverstone LC19
Gaming HTPC: Intel i5-3570, ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe, 8GB-DDR3, 128 GB SSD, Bitfenix Prodigy Black
3D MVC works fine on the latest Sep 18 build on my DN2820 (250gb, 4gb ram). I updated to the latest windows 10 version and using the latest intel graphics driver from their website.
Benq HT3550 | Denon X4700H | Atmos 7.2.4 & DTS:X | Sony UBP X800M2 | Firetv 4k Max
Denon S760H | Sony HX800 | Mibox V3 | Pioneer BDP140 | Apple TV 4k
The latest version of Kodi Windows 17.5 with errors does not work correctly. I set the frame rate to 24, but the program for some reason periodically resets the frequency to 60 frames. When playing a video, the problems start, the picture disappears. I reproduce with Intel Nuc, through the Pioneer LH75 receiver
returned the old version of 17.1 MVC - everything is working fine
I just installed the 9/18 Update (kodi 17.5) and I am now getting a audio sync issue on 2D and 3D rips. If I revert to the previous version 3/21 It runs just fine. All of my rips are made with MakeMKV and done with multiple audio tracks (DTS/DD/2.0/etc.)

For Reference :
Beelink AP34 (Latest Intel Drivers) (Win10/Home)
Denon AVR 6400H
Vizio M601d-AR3
All media is stored on a Raid 5 120TB NAS (Western Digital RED Drives)
Network is all Cat5E

The previous build was working fine. I currently am bitsteaming from the AP34 to the Denon. With using kodis audio delay I got it close, though it's still off just enough to annoy the hell out of me.  Confused Does anyone else who has an AP34 have this issue? I am using the WASAPI vs the Directsound. I am currently running a backup on the machine, and going to be doing a Fresh Windows 10 Pro install and then doing a fresh Kodi install. I thought I would just post this while it was running an baremetal backup.

I will test it with just the install
I will test Directsound vs. WASAPI
I will test with 2D vs 3D vs 1080 vs 720

If anyone has any suggestions before I do my reinstall, I would welcome them.   Smile

- Rob
@robsch, I have a AP34

If you just want to get to 10 Pro, do a reset of home to get a clean install with drivers, and follow the instructions here https://rewster.uk/2017/08/28/upgrade-wi...tallation/ these Chinese boxes can be fiddly to get the drivers working with a fresh install as I found out with the Beelink Z83II. This is exactly what I did with my AP34 and it is working fine, just update the drivers.

I have not had many sync issues with the latest build, mainly with 3D, but I tried something with the ffmpeg drivers on post #2903, and that seems to work with 3D sync too, a problem 3D film Big Hero 6 seems to play perfectly now, waiting to find out if there is actually a differences with ffmpeg, or is it just luck.

I use WASAPI, I have a 4K OLED so the 3D is 1080p, with Marantz NR1606
(2017-10-10, 10:49)rewsteruk Wrote: @robsch, I have a AP34

If you just want to get to 10 Pro, do a reset of home to get a clean install with drivers, and follow the instructions here https://rewster.uk/2017/08/28/upgrade-wi...tallation/ these Chinese boxes can be fiddly to get the drivers working with a fresh install as I found out with the Beelink Z83II. This is exactly what I did with my AP34 and it is working fine, just update the drivers.

I have not had many sync issues with the latest build, mainly with 3D, but I tried something with the ffmpeg drivers on post #2903, and that seems to work with 3D sync too, a problem 3D film Big Hero 6 seems to play perfectly now, waiting to find out if there is actually a differences with ffmpeg, or is it just luck.

I use WASAPI, I have a 4K OLED so the 3D is 1080p, with Marantz NR1606

I did a complete reinstall and so far everything is going well... I will report back with my final testing results.

As a FYI : I did a fresh install of Windows 10 from scratch. I knew about the upgrade with a key function, but I wanted to "test the waters" as it were.

THIS IS FOR THE BEELINK AP34!
-------------------------------------
Latest Intel Drivers (Cover 80% of the AP34) : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ (if you use the auto detect, it will install most of them for you)
Latest Realtech Drivers (NIC and Audio) : http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/

There are a few that are missing, and those I have a DD Archive, that can be installed via the device manager (or mangler) :  https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpnne3m37xa662...4.zip?dl=0 (I put them in my dropbox)

I had 1 issue with a duplicate device, that I just removed from the manager. 

After the reinstall, I noticed it was a bit snappier, though I did disable a bunch of services, and used launcher4kodi to set my shell to kodi.

@rewsteruk : Thank you for your write ups on the AP34. I bought this unit on your suggestion after getting ticked off at the lack of bitstreaming on my RPi3. Smile
Did anyone of you manage to run this 3D build of Kodi on a Xiaomi Mi Air 13?

I got mine just yesterday and tried but I failed.

3D files are just played back as 2D. The Kodi settings seem to be right and the display is set to 1920*1080 3D in Windows.

So maybe the problem is that the laptop has the Intel HD620 (i5 7200u) aswell as the MX150 and although I set Kodi to run with the Intel HD620, the MX150 might be used.
Is there a way to see which graphics is used in Kodi in the debug.log?

On my previous Dell XPS 13 with an i7 5500u and the Intel HD 5500 3D worked fine with these Kodi builds but unfortunately it was stolen.

Edit:
I got it to work. Was my fault. I tried to playback a movie that I ripped wrongly from the BD. So the MVC track was missing and it was just a 2D file Big Grin
Other 3D files work, so everything ist fine here, if I'm not experiencing this audio-video sync issue.
@robsch, thanks for the mention.  I think for most users who buy the AP34 as a Kodi Box, the very small increase in speed is not worth the effort of a full clean reinstall and is not an essential requirement to get a functioning Kodi 3D MVC build working as it seems to work well with the 18 Sep build and a bit better with the 22 Dec ffmpeg files copied in.

The build Beelink provided is already relatively bloat free (just support info and 'system drivers' drivers which do not change often from the reference designs, and device drivers). 

With updated device drivers the Beelink Out of Box Windows 10 Home (updated to Pro), is as snappy as my J4205-ITX build (this had some sync issues and this was a clean build)

One thing worth checking is if your AVR has an auto lip sync function which might be conflicting with Kodi, my Marantz NR1606 has this and it is switched on, but it seems to work ok.
Updated the Beelink AP34 to the 'Fall Creator Update' the MVC 3D is still working fine, there is now some HDR options in Video Settings, but it is not supported on the AP34.

Just remember to reset the audio to WASAPI, if it is set before as most drivers are updated.
@Jemus, is it definitely using the Intel Graphics, if it is using the NVidia there is a file that you need to download and add to c:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi, download from post #1
I haven't been following along with this thread as I've had a busy summer. Does the latest build version address the audio sync issue with True-HD/Atmos audio? Was watching Transformers: The Last Knight last night (hehe) and the issue was very prevalent.
  • 195(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10