• 197(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Hey everyone! I currently have a Xidoo X9S -- a really good box but what I've really wanted to do is setup an Intel Nuc. I just can't seem to find exactly the info I need. Basically, I want the following:

-Intel Nuc that runs Libreelec

-->Supports Dolby TrueHD (Atmos) and DTSHD-MA (DTS:X)
-->3D MVC
-->Forced Subtitles

Have any of you had any success with that? Could you point me in the right direction as far as hardware (I'm down to look at new or older models -- as long as it does what I need, I don't care).

Thank you!
No, as @movie78 mentioned, no 3D via LibreELEC. A possibility may be Vero 4K under OSMC, which owner/developer Sam has been working on, but hasn’t materialized yet.
So audio sync is still an issue? 

Is there anything that can be tweaked to make it better?
New issue. Randomly, last night, Kodi has issue dealing with my projector. When running in full screen mode and playing any video the projector would re-set itself to properly match the frame rate of the selected video. Suddenly last night, having made no changes to Kodi since my last viewing which worked fine, any 2D video will not work properly. The projector goes into it's re-set and then just projects "black". The audio is heard fine through the receiver. If I switch Kodi to windowed mode the projector re-sets to match the regular Kodi/PC resolution/frame rate. Then if I switch back to full screen mode it works, only to do the same when finished plying the video and returning back to the Kodi menu (project just black).

I've tried the last 3 versions of Kodi from this thread, all which worked fine before. Nothing corrects the issue.

I've gone through all Kodi settings and nothing is out of the ordinary.

I've made sure all my video drivers are up to date.

Anyone have any clue what is going on? I am stumped.

This is a Windows 10 machine with an Intel I3 CPU. It's been working perfect for years. Then yesterday nothing in 2D works as it should. 3D, however, is fine. Figure that one out!
(2017-12-08, 12:35)Charger Hellcat Wrote: This is a Windows 10 machine with an Intel I3 CPU. It's been working perfect for years. Then yesterday nothing in 2D works as it should. 3D, however, is fine. Figure that one out!

The issue is come with Fall Creators Update. Thanks Microsoft.
(2017-12-08, 14:57)afedchin Wrote:
(2017-12-08, 12:35)Charger Hellcat Wrote: This is a Windows 10 machine with an Intel I3 CPU. It's been working perfect for years. Then yesterday nothing in 2D works as it should. 3D, however, is fine. Figure that one out!

The issue is come with Fall Creators Update. Thanks Microsoft. 
 Thanks for letting me know.

Does this affect "mainline" Kodi as well? I posted in this thread because I use this version for 3D.

Any idea what the solution might be?
You can just uninstall that update. I've had to do it with my NUC 2820's.

Go back to a previous build instructions.
I've stuck w/an older LTSB version. No updates.
(2017-12-09, 01:13)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Does this affect "mainline" Kodi as well? I posted in this thread because I use this version for 3D.

this affects all apps which change resolution/refresh rate
(2017-12-09, 04:20)MrBfJohn Wrote: You can just uninstall that update. I've had to do it with my NUC 2820's.

Are you using latest build fine with your 2820.. I got issues all the way .. Last one that works is the beta build from december.
(2017-12-09, 21:10)Skank Wrote:
(2017-12-09, 04:20)MrBfJohn Wrote: You can just uninstall that update. I've had to do it with my NUC 2820's.

Are you using latest kodi build fine with your 2820.. .I got issues all the way .. Last one that works is the beta build from december.
(2017-12-09, 10:31)afedchin Wrote:
(2017-12-09, 01:13)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Does this affect "mainline" Kodi as well? I posted in this thread because I use this version for 3D.

this affects all apps which change resolution/refresh rate 
Crappy because when watching a 3D movie, that worked perfectly, the audio was fully in sync with the video for an Atmos audio track.
Thinking of selling my i3 NUC. Have been using my Zidoo X9S almost exclusively over the last 6 months as I watch more of a mix of 4K HDR & 3D MVC. Also, convenience of not needing to use keyboard + mouse w/Windows to open Kodi & power off (which never worked correctly for me automated).
@ hdmkv good to see you back and welcome to the garden state question your dtx works on the Zidoo X9S when using the external player works fine with kodi when disable external player.
Hi there... are you in NJ as well? Smile Yes, DTS:X is working fine for me w/X9S' external (native) player.
  • 197(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10