• 200(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Just had a chance to test Dec. 8 build. Finally it is working good for me. Couple of months ago I was going through major stuttering and buffering on all versions including first release of Kodi MVC. Don't know if some firmware, driver, Windows update but it was no go for 3D out of my laptop Intel HD 620 video over USB 3.1 Type C to HDMI 2.0.

I tested couple of movies today and it was pretty good with no visible issues. This is HDMI 2.0 so the output was set for 4K 3D TAB. I didn't have time to test true 1080p Frame Packing (hardware) and 4K interlaced mode. I'm assuming hardware mode over HDMI 2.0 is still not working.
Just checked hardware 3D (frame packing) out of my system USB 3.1 to HDMI 2.0 and 1.4. Same issue as before. I'm getting incompatible signal. Too bad.

It works on 4K TV using interlaced 3D with HDMI 2.0 set up as PC on LG OLED TV. Second probably better option is 4K 3D Over/Under mode in Kodi. It maps double frames into 4K display up-converting horizontal lines. This looks very clean and allows for motion processing and frame interpolation.
Hi.

Is it possible to use the nvidia graphoc card (GTX 980 Ti), but Kodi use the internal gpu from the intel cpu for MVC 3D?
(2018-01-11, 21:00)Tobias Claren Wrote: Hi.

Is it possible to use the nvidia graphoc card (GTX 980 Ti), but Kodi use the internal gpu from the intel cpu for MVC 3D?
 funny I was trying this same thing a couple of weeks ago - I have a 950 ti card but was trying to get my desktop to have multiple displays using the intel gpu but I could not get it to work.
No, I will only see MVC 3D, but it seems, this work only over intel GPU.
But I will not deactivate this good graphic card, I need for VR gaming ;-) .
Why not use the 980 Ti for desktop and gaming as single monitor (second output for Vive), but the unused gpu from cpu for encoding MVC 3D (same format like Blu Ray 3D)?
Of course, the encoded stream could not output over onboard HDMI. It needs an internal "output" in the 980 Ti.
Or over onboard HDMI from the intermnal GPU, but only the Video, no desktop etc.. THIS would very good. I think old TV cards from hauppauge with own mpg2-decoder chip (at a time cpu where often to slow for decoding) had a special video output, only for the video (and perhaps OSD).
A special HDMI output only for KODI with OSD (and Video with HDR, MVC-3D-support etc.), and controling by a dedicates remote, only for KODI... PERFECT.
Like a standalone Set Top Box, but we could use this pc with mouse and keyboard simultaneously...
Not sure if the link in the first post " Download latest: 8-December-2017 Windows MVC build (recommended) " should work or not, but I'm getting 404 when clicking it.
 Downloaded September 17 instead.
Thanks
The downloads roll off the list. I’ll upload to my Google Drive a/c (at work now) and update link this evening EST.
Done. See post #1 for updated download link to latest build.
Seen next.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

Any experience with the Intel i3-8100?
I have now an Inter I3 8] gen with a Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI mainboard.
This board has an HDMI 2.0, HDMI 1.4  and Display port 1.2. I will post my finding here as soon as I god some spare time to test.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

You my friend (hdmkv) are awesome! Thanks a bunch for fixing the link.
(2018-01-27, 13:59)opeters Wrote: Any experience with the Intel i3-8100?
I have now an Inter I3 8] gen with a Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI mainboard.
This board has an HDMI 2.0, HDMI 1.4  and Display port 1.2. I will post my finding here as soon as I god some spare time to test.
 Waiting on your findings as for now i3-7100 is no go for 3D MVC.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Hello!

I'm panning to build a HTPC for both proper 4K/HDR and 3D MVC playback.

What about Intel IGP motherboards like the J3455M / J3455-ITX or the J4205-ITX, would they be capable for the proper 3D Frame Packed output?

They might also use the DP->HDMI adapter (not sure, tho'), would that cause any trouble regarding the 3D quality playback?

Thanks for the replies!
(2018-02-05, 11:05)Mount81 Wrote: Hello!

I'm panning to build a HTPC for both proper 4K/HDR and 3D MVC playback.

What about Intel IGP motherboards like the J3455M / J3455-ITX or the J4205-ITX, would they be capable for the proper 3D Frame Packed output?

They might also use the DP->HDMI adapter (not sure, tho'), would that cause any trouble regarding the 3D quality playback?

Thanks for the replies!
As for now I will not advise anyone to purchase anything KabyLake or Apollo Lake for 3D MVC speciallyif you want to use this build.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Sold my nuc
Fed up (again) with windows and special kodi builds
Replacing it with vero 4k
(2018-02-07, 18:54)Skank Wrote: Sold my nuc
Fed up (again) with windows and special kodi builds
Replacing it with vero 4k
 I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Vero 4k, I wish I can get one for testing
  • 200(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10