• 201(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2018-02-05, 11:05)Mount81 Wrote: Hello!

I'm panning to build a HTPC for both proper 4K/HDR and 3D MVC playback.

What about Intel IGP motherboards like the J3455M / J3455-ITX or the J4205-ITX, would they be capable for the proper 3D Frame Packed output?

They might also use the DP->HDMI adapter (not sure, tho'), would that cause any trouble regarding the 3D quality playback?

Thanks for the replies!

Don't do it! Spent months trying to get the J4205 to work. Intermittent stuttering, loss of sync. Couldn't get any functional 3D output from the HDMI port, even with manually updated the DP->HDMI firmware from intel. Stay away!
(2018-02-07, 19:13)movie78 Wrote:
(2018-02-07, 18:54)Skank Wrote: Sold my nuc
Fed up (again) with windows and special kodi builds
Replacing it with vero 4k
 I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Vero 4k, I wish I can get one for testing

vero 4k is ok. the hardware feels a lot cheaper than i expected but it works.

setting up nfs shares using their skin is annoying if not impossible so i revert back to kodi default at times

as for playback - there is no mvc 3d support. it has been coming for so many months now i am calling it vaporware at this point or perhaps just not possible to fully support.

otherwise it is a kodi box. the audio setup is a bit of a hassle given that you still need to select 2.0 output for multichannel to work (kodi bug?)

i have not yet tried 4k + hdr material but it should support it, as well as atmos and dts:x.

overall a fine little box and well supported, except 3d. but we are a niche and i can’t fault a small company for prioritizing other things.
Until Vero 4K supports 3D, and maybe I'm wrong about this, isn't it fairly similar to many S905X boxes with 2GB/16GB available for $40 or less off eBay? Run LibreELEC and experience should be similar. Yes, you get better support on Vero 4K, but I haven't had issues w/the few S905X and S912 boxes I've bought (KM8 Pro, Tanix, etc.).
(2018-02-14, 15:22)hdmkv Wrote: Until Vero 4K supports 3D, and maybe I'm wrong about this, isn't it fairly similar to many S905X boxes with 2GB/16GB available for $40 or less off eBay? Run LibreELEC and experience should be similar. Yes, you get better support on Vero 4K, but I haven't had issues w/the few S905X and S912 boxes I've bought (KM8 Pro, Tanix, etc.).
 @hdmkv

KM8 Pro is this a good one ?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2018-02-14, 12:37)TheShoe Wrote:
(2018-02-07, 19:13)movie78 Wrote:
(2018-02-07, 18:54)Skank Wrote: Sold my nuc
Fed up (again) with windows and special kodi builds
Replacing it with vero 4k
 I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Vero 4k, I wish I can get one for testing 

setting up nfs shares using their skin is annoying if not impossible so i revert back to kodi default at times

as for playback - there is no mvc 3d support. it has been coming for so many months now i am calling it vaporware at this point or perhaps just not possible to fully support.

otherwise it is a kodi box. the audio setup is a bit of a hassle given that you still need to select 2.0 output for multichannel to work (kodi bug?)

i have not yet tried 4k + hdr material but it should support it, as well as atmos and dts:x.

overall a fine little box and well supported, except 3d. but we are a niche and i can’t fault a small company for prioritizing other things. 
yes 3d on vero 4k is sitll in the works, give them time
audio setup isnt a hassle at all; it run immediately
i have never had such a box that runs kodi straight away, not even with zidoo x9s
Vero 4k is the easiest box to setup i ever had

back to the "hassle" if you select passthrough i get immediately 7.1.4 output (atmos and dts x are supported) no kodi bug, no hassle
hdr and 4k all run smooth, this with internal player and no special kodi setup
(2018-02-14, 20:25)Skank Wrote:
(2018-02-14, 12:37)TheShoe Wrote:
(2018-02-07, 19:13)movie78 Wrote:  I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Vero 4k, I wish I can get one for testing 

i have never had such a box that runs kodi straight away, not even with zidoo x9s

back to the "hassle" if you select passthrough i get immediately 7.1.4 output (atmos and dts x are supported) no kodi bug, no hassle
 Does Blu-ray and 4k UHD plays with Menu?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2018-02-14, 16:04)movie78 Wrote:
(2018-02-14, 15:22)hdmkv Wrote: Until Vero 4K supports 3D, and maybe I'm wrong about this, isn't it fairly similar to many S905X boxes with 2GB/16GB available for $40 or less off eBay? Run LibreELEC and experience should be similar. Yes, you get better support on Vero 4K, but I haven't had issues w/the few S905X and S912 boxes I've bought (KM8 Pro, Tanix, etc.).
 @hdmkv

That's the one... wow, cheap! Does 4K, HDR & proper framerates. With all these boxes, you need to SSH to enable 10-bit.
(2018-02-14, 22:52)hdmkv Wrote:
(2018-02-14, 16:04)movie78 Wrote:
 @hdmkv

That's the one... wow, cheap! Does 4K, HDR & proper framerates. With all these boxes, you need to SSH to enable 10-bit
Careful movie78, at this price you only get the air mouse...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
That's a sneaky bait tactic... no wonder it looked too good to be true.
vero is a nice little box no doubt. i see some signs of life on osmc forums re: 3D. here’s hoping.
(2018-02-14, 21:20)movie78 Wrote:
(2018-02-14, 20:25)Skank Wrote:
(2018-02-14, 12:37)TheShoe Wrote: vero 4k is ok. the hardware feels a lot cheaper than i expected but it works.

Does Blu-ray and 4k UHD plays with Menu?

I dont have any to test with..
(2018-02-15, 02:36)hdmkv Wrote: That's a sneaky bait tactic... no wonder it looked too good to be true.
 I just double check and this is what was included in the package.Package Included  1 x TV BOX1 x HDMI cable1 x IR Remote1 x User Manual1 x Package box1 x Power adapter

For $20 going to get one to play with it.

PS: You guys are right, it cost $61
The Tanix TX92 2GB/16GB box I got off eBay was $49.49 shipped, but prices seem to have gone up about $10. To @TheShoe's point, you may want to wait on Vero 4K as @Sam.Nazarko is indicating "soon" for full 3D MVC support and that he needs lots of testers. But, 3D has been promised since last year.

Hope he's successful as MVC working on Vero 4K would make it a pretty full-featured all-in-one dedicated Kodi box. Only concern I have about S905X is the 100M LAN & whether some of those really high bitrate UHD rips might struggle? For example, 'Cloverfield' hits 95.44 Mbps, 'John Wick 2' is 90.28 Mbps, etc.
Vero4k: Be aware that there might be picture quality issues. Have a look at the appropriate thread ("slight flickering") on the OSMC forum.
From what I've heard, based on many user experiences:
With LE+KODI almost all those 30-45$ cheap S905X chinese Boxes can do as well as the Vero4K. (+You can keep the original Android OS).
So what's the point of paying a triple price?  Huh

100Mbit LAN can be an issue with 4K videos, this also can be easily solved with an also ultra cheap Gigabit USB LAN adapter.
  • 201(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10