• 203(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Of course can‘t tell you for shure, but the previous problems with 3D MVC and
Kabylake was that there was a DisplayPort Chip in the chain and that made 3D
from Blu-ray impossible.

This board has nativ HDMI 2.0 support and it‘s reported that it doesn’t have/
need this chip, so if drivers are fine it should work.
(2018-03-04, 08:56)Mount81 Wrote:
(2018-03-04, 01:02)brazen1 Wrote: 1st on the list was fulfilled years ago.  It just wasn't an NUC.
 And what was it? Does it have HDR support? 
Any Windows 8.1 or 10 PC with an nVidia GTX 960 4GB, or GTX 1050Ti and above.  There is a large choice of players.  A couple with full menus, many freeware, etc.  2D, 3D, HDR, SDR, etc.  Any file you can rip or acquire, they can play provided your AVR and display can as well.  All audio formats.  I've been using this inexpensive technique for years using the official versions of KODI.  Everything is automated just like it should be and nothing is limited or problematic.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Guys, please help. My configuration is quite simple, I have a HDMI HUB to use Ambilight (Dreamscreen) where I connected the PS4 (HDR ready) and Asrock BeeBox with KODI 3D MVC, here I can play 4K or 3D and I already know that (for now?) Kodi is not HDR capable. In my LG TV I have 2 HDMI ports, the first (HDMI 1) with HDR active (LG call it: Ultra HD deep color), the 2nd, HDMI 3, where HDR is off.

Well, problem is that if I use the HDMI 1 port with HDR, Kodi 3D doesn't work, the "Hardware" setting is not shown at all. Obliviously it works perfect on HDMI 3 where the HDR is off.
So, for now I have to make a choice. Use PS4 HDR without Ambilight, or use both Kodi and PS4 with Ambilight, but without HDR.

The question is, why Kodi disable the 3D hardware setting if from TV I activate the Ultra HD deep color (HDR)??
Really don't understand which is the correlation between HDMI TV setting and Kodi/Beebox.

A GT1050Ti is not a budget solution at all. + You still need a motherboard and a CPU beside. (BTW I have read a plenty of complains regarding the NVidia HDR playback on another forum, just sayin...) 

However an RX550 would also do just fine with a cheap board and CPU. 

But the cheapest of over all of these just would be a integrated CPU+IGP solution like these from Asrock, IF it really would be fine for 3D and HDR as well. That's what I meant.
So understanding the future first to do something was already done years ago has now changed to economics?  Furthermore, you want to change your original statement to a new one about Asrock.  I paid $120 bucks for my video card and popped it in my 10 year old PC.  Wallah.  There was no other money needed to achieve 3D frame packed, UHD HDR, or anything else including every other audio and video format there is although you read someplace complaints about HDR so that can't be true.  Giving you a positive testimonial despite what you read elsewhere.  "just sayin..."  Oh, so the RX550 with any cheap board and CPU works according to you.  Great, although threads here mention all the caveats lately so concluding "just fine" isn't exactly that.  Now we know NUC will never be first let alone more economical.  How much was your NUC that doesn't work?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Am I the only one having voice sync issues with Windows 10 3D MVC file?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
brazen1 : Sorry, but I don't have any patient to decode your overly gloomy and intricate wording, regarding what exactly? You just seem to will deny and confute my statement somehow (and no matter how), but even your basic idea stills completely unclear. 

What I have said (to be clear again): If a board like this Asrock would be capable of issue-free HDR and 3D playback, than it would be the best -budgetwise- solution for HTPC builders.

Oh, so we got these NUC's beside. OK, let's say that the new Gemini Lake NUC's could stay under this price range, but still: if Gemini Lake, than there will be no HDR support for it from Intel. You still need at least an i3 to get a HDR working IGP. So it just won't get that green tick from me.

Lucas ReyMaybe you could try to switch off the HDR mode (to "force" it to stay SDR only) in your TV's menu manually to get 3D working. Just guessing tho'. Or you will need an Amblilight HUB with two separate HDMI outputs. Or as a third solution (it's a bit "weirder") you could put a 4K/HDR capable HDMI switch (with one in and two outputs) right after the Ablilight HUB and one cable goes in the HDMI 1 and the other in the HDMI 3 port.
(2018-03-08, 07:44)Mount81 Wrote: Lucas ReyMaybe you could try to switch off the HDR mode (to "force" it to stay SDR only) in your TV's menu manually to get 3D working. Just guessing tho'.
Sure, with HDR switched off from TV setting, everything works perfect, and 3D works too. But in that way I cannot enjoy PS4 HDR games.
Quote:Or you will need an Amblilight HUB with two separate HDMI outputs.
Nope, Dreamscreen has only 1 HDMI output
Quote:or as a third solution (it's a bit "weirder") you could put a 4K/HDR capable HDMI switch (with one in and two outputs) right after the Ablilight HUB and one cable goes in the HDMI 1 and the other in the HDMI 3 port.
Yes, this is the solution I already thinked since this is the only way to have 3D, Ambilight, and HDR working. Why you define it "weirder"? BTW, I never had a HDMI switch, I'm wondering if it changes automatically the output and I have only to change TV HDMI output, or I have to add another remote for the HDMI switch Huh
I have only seen HDMI switches/splitters with direct or IR remote switches. Tho' these all were on Gearbest/Geekbuying etc. Maybe more expensive (and "brandy") ones have automatic switching mechanism, but i guess that requires more complex electronics, and may be more rare, if exists at all. The thing you should really care about if it really meets the HDMI 2.0a specification entirely, so it will pass 4K60Hz and HDR as well. 

For switching with remote you can still use a multi-remote like Logitech Harmony or one of those cheaper airmouses with IR learning function, like iWeipoo Gt01 (also fine for HTPC/Windows in radio mode). But that's just a tip...
Ok, thank you, maybe I'll give up and I'll definitely switch off the HDR untill also Kodi will be compatible Smile
BTW, still don't understand while activating HDR on TV setting, Kodi will disable the 3D... Damn, this is a mistery!!!
(2018-03-08, 10:59)Lucas Rey Wrote: Ok, thank you, maybe I'll give up and I'll definitely switch off the HDR untill also Kodi will be compatible Smile
BTW, still don't understand while activating HDR on TV setting, Kodi will disable the 3D... Damn, this is a mistery!!!
Of course 3D and HDR won't work together as UHD/HDR specifications doesn't include 3D (in briefly reduced wording). There's no 4K or HDR 3D content either. Maybe there's some setting in the TV to set the HDR to "auto recognition", so it only will switch to HDR mode if detects a HDR input signal.

Edit: one more tip to add: Most TV's have the ability to set multiple different "Label Profile" settings to a HDMI source. So on the HDMI 1 Source, you can set the Label to "Game/Entertainment/PC" (differs from TV models) with HDR on, and you can set another Label with "Blu-ray/Cinema/Film" and meanwhile set HDR to OFF in the settings. I guess the TV should remember these settings for each Labels and change it  when you switch between the source Labels. Tho' you still have to switch between these Labels manually, but maybe it's more convenient.
(2018-02-22, 02:53)hdmkv Wrote: To @movie78's point, try the build in post #1, making the recommended setting, as is w/your current Intel HD graphics driver. Should work... only need to seek alternate driver if 3D doesn't look right to you (namely ghosting, not as sharp or objects in different planes looking off).
 I have exactly this. Couldnt think of how to describe it but your post nailed it completely.

I have also i3 4160, latest drivers and matched settings but the 3D picture seems really off. It's driving me nuts - tried diffferent Kodi versions, different drivers still the same. Just for the testing purpose I tried Cyberlink PowerDVD and it displays everything correctly with the same drivers. It's only the Kodi 3d MVC builds that doesn't work.

I know I had it working before but now I cannot get it to display correctly no matter what I do. Can anybody suggest specific driver/kodi versions to go with this processor and iGPU? Can you explain "alternate driver"?
Unfortunately, you need to experiment w/an older driver and see if the issue goes away. I'd start w/the original driver for i3 4160, and it could be one for Windows 8.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I always have to specify delay time. If the audio is standard 5.1, I typically do not. But Dts, or watching in 3D needs specific time delays. Each format ='s different time delay... But, at least they are consistent per format.
I have read here: that the Baby Canyon i3 NUC7I3BNH NUCs aren't good for MVC 3D playback with KOID MVC build (i guess). Any better experiences with PowerDVD and NUC7I3BNH for 3D?

And any presumptions that the new Bean Canyon NUCs, like the i3 NUC8i3BEH could be any better (for 3D and 4K/HDR)?

Particularly, like will they have proper native HDMI 2.0a? That would multiple our chances I guess.

Thanks!
  • 203(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10