• 206(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2018-05-12, 02:31)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Kodi v18 will almost certainly depend on a new version of libbluray and I am not sure the maintainer who adds these enablement patches to libbluray is still active.
As such, Pi would also lose 3D MVC support. I know that there are efforts to try and keep things working.
Sam 
My understanding is libbluray is required to read the ssif files in 3D ISO. 3D MVC MKV files don't require libbluray. Correct me if I am wrong.
Correct.

3D MKV does not need libbluray. But it's needed for proper ISO support.
It looks like some users do not need ISO support.

Sam
(2018-05-12, 06:02)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Correct.

3D MKV does not need libbluray. But it's needed for proper ISO support.
It looks like some users do not need ISO support.

Sam
Yes, I personally am fine with MVC MKV Smile
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Only issue with MKV is Dolby TrueHD & ATMOS in that if you ever need to go back to an ISO, if the core Dolby Digital track isn't already present, you'll need to use EAC3to create a THD+AC3 for tsMuxeR.
(2018-05-13, 20:58)hdmkv Wrote: Only issue with MKV is Dolby TrueHD & ATMOS in that if you ever need to go back to an ISO, if the core Dolby Digital track isn't already present, you'll need to use EAC3to create a THD+AC3 for tsMuxeR.
 Why is that? TsMuxer can't mux the True HD tracks right from the 3D BD into the MVC MKV?
From the disc, it can. From MVC MKV file, it can’t if THD+ac3 isn’t present.
(2018-05-14, 22:08)hdmkv Wrote: From the disc, it can. From MVC MKV file, it can’t if THD+ac3 isn’t present.
 Agreed.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Hi All,

I finally installed a Windows VM to try the MVC build but not all is going to plan. I'm on a Geforce 960 and Windows 10. 

First up 10bit 4K H265 decode works fine on the MVC builds for me Smile Unfortunately 3D does not work. If I put the lib file in place then the screen briefly switches to 3D and Kodi then quits without error; without the lib file 3D movies just play in 2D. Any tips on how to make this work? (I have tried all three builds in the first thread and they all behave the same) Also any way to use auto refresh  rate without the TV switching into 3D mode whenever 24P content is played?
Haven't had a chance to do extensive testing, but with windows 10, a dvi to hdmi cable, and the mvc version of kodi, 3d mvc files are playing in 3d on the Asrock Q2900-itx board.
A quick note for Nvidia / Software decode users; you might want to use the lib file from the newer Intel Media SDK. My NVidia setup is suffering general issues with 24P but the newer file from the 2018 R1 SDK actually started 3D playback for me at least.
Hello there! I've just set up HTPC on Celeron J1900 and it works fantastic! BDISO, BD3D, disks via BD-RE drive, SBS and HOU rips works as well. SMB sharing is super fast, no issues at all. HDMI passthrough working. Thanks for the great job! The only disappointing thing is the windows 10 Smile Just not as fast as libreELEC.
(2018-05-20, 14:48)linkin174 Wrote: Hello there! I've just set up HTPC on Celeron J1900 and it works fantastic! BDISO, BD3D, disks via BD-RE drive, SBS and HOU rips works as well. SMB sharing is super fast, no issues at all. HDMI passthrough working. Thanks for the great job! The only disappointing thing is the windows 10 Smile Just not as fast as libreELEC.
 I was thinking about getting this one https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a...gnorebbr=1
How well has the Celeron J1900 been working for you? Fast? issues?
seems the link for the latest build to be dead.
Is there another to download the latest build?

thanx in advance
Sorry, no longer have any Kodi MVC builds. Sold my NUC. If someone can upload it, I'll update post #1.
So what you using these days?
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10