• 209(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Roll back Windows. The last number of updates have caused issues.
I rolled it back and everything is fine again.

But I guess that is not a solution for the future. I don´t even know how long a I can refuse the v1809 update.
Does anyone know that?
Video HTPC: Intel i3-6100T, ASUS H170I-PRO, 8 GB-DDR4,128GB SSD, Silverstone LC19
Gaming HTPC: Intel i5-3570, ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe, 8GB-DDR3, 128 GB SSD, Bitfenix Prodigy Black
You just have to keep rolling back Windows when it ofrces through the update. That's the bane of the current Windows 10 system. They have broken something that causes issues with auto-refresh rate changes and until Windows fixes what they broke (not likely) or Kodi is built to work with the new Windows you just have to deal with this hassle. 

It's best to get your system running the way you need it to and then create a backup that if/when Windows buggers things up you can easily revert back to with minimal interruption. Windows Updates tend to delete their former versions off your hard drive after 10 days so don't reply on that method. Fortunately this issue only occurs ever 3-4 months so it's not the worst thing in the world if you still want to enjoy all the benefits of 3D with lossless audio on a powerful system.
Fwiw, I experience zero auto refresh rate problems with any of the 5 players I use.  I don't think your problem is a Windows caused error on their part that they buggered up or broke.  I use W10 v.1803 x64 Pro and a PC with official KODI v.17.6.  UHD HDR, all lossless audios, 3D frame packed, etc. are all non problematic.  Of course VideoPlayer does not handle everything but the things it does, indeed match refresh rates perfectly and without fail.  More than likely, this build and/or your NUC's need attention imo.  Until then, your workaround, continuing to use outdated versions of Windows, is your only recourse but I would not put the blame on Windows 10 and expect them to fix anything.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-10-03, 20:56)brazen1 Wrote: Fwiw, I experience zero auto refresh rate problems with any of the 5 players I use.  I don't think your problem is a Windows caused error on their part that they buggered up or broke.  I use W10 v.1803 x64 Pro and a PC with official KODI v.17.6.  UHD HDR, all lossless audios, 3D frame packed, etc. are all non problematic.  Of course VideoPlayer does not handle everything but the things it does, indeed match refresh rates perfectly and without fail.  More than likely, this build and/or your NUC's need attention imo.  Until then, your workaround, continuing to use outdated versions of Windows, is your only recourse but I would not put the blame on Windows 10 and expect them to fix anything.
 I own 2 HTPC's built with AMD CPU's and I maintain my friend's HTPC system with an Intel based CPU. All running Windows 10. All experience the same issue since Windows updates decided to break something with refresh rates. It's known and posted in other areas of this site. It is not exclusive to this fork of Kodi. Windows broke something and thus far hasn't fixed it. The only solution is to not update or roll-back when the update is forced.

You can't be using official Kodi 17.6 and be getting frame packed MVC 3D playback through Kodi. That goes against the entire point of this thread. If this fork for MVC 3D doesn't jive with what Windows has done then it would be wonderful if the one dev who worked on this would look into it. Unfortunately the actions and response from the dev lead me to believe it won't ever happen which is unfortunate.
@brazen1 
You use official Kodi 17.6 with 3D frame packing? On which hareware?

I thought the video player of official Kodi 17.6 doesn´t support 3D frame packing.
Video HTPC: Intel i3-6100T, ASUS H170I-PRO, 8 GB-DDR4,128GB SSD, Silverstone LC19
Gaming HTPC: Intel i5-3570, ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe, 8GB-DDR3, 128 GB SSD, Bitfenix Prodigy Black
(2018-10-03, 20:56)brazen1 Wrote: Of course VideoPlayer does not handle everything but the things it does, indeed match refresh rates perfectly and without fail. 
 Of course it doesn't and why I made sure to include ^ this.  There are alternative ways to achieve 3D MVC frame packed and all the other things folks desire or may desire in the future while using KODI.  I thought it incorrect to blame Windows for your problems when your problems initiate elsewhere imo.  Many, well, most folks are using the latest offering from Windows.  Myself and others experience none of the problems you suggest Windows causes and we certainly have zero reason(s) to force a rollback or block any updates.  So I conclude you point fingers in completely the wrong direction.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-10-03, 22:18)brazen1 Wrote:
(2018-10-03, 20:56)brazen1 Wrote: Of course VideoPlayer does not handle everything but the things it does, indeed match refresh rates perfectly and without fail. 
 Of course it doesn't and why I made sure to include ^ this.  There are alternative ways to achieve 3D MVC frame packed and all the other things folks desire or may desire in the future while using KODI.  I thought it incorrect to blame Windows for your problems when your problems initiate elsewhere imo.  Many, well, most folks are using the latest offering from Windows.  Myself and others experience none of the problems you suggest Windows causes and we certainly have zero reason(s) to force a rollback or block any updates.  So I conclude you point fingers in completely the wrong direction.  

Your solution isn't what most people in this thread are looking for. Ther is a problem with Windows that has brokend Kodi functionality. You are free to do what you choose but stating you don't use this fork and everything works fine is not an answer that many people, myself included, are looking for. Until Windows fixes what it broke or a dev comes back to fix what Windows broke the solution to use this fork with Windows is to not update Windows.
In your above statement alone, you state Windows broke your solution 3 times in 4 sentences.  On the contrary, and the only point I'm trying to make -There is a problem with your forked version of KODI that has broken functionality with Windows as it updates.  Until your version of unofficial KODI fixes what is broken (aka has been depreciated), it will remain broken.  You state another solution isn't what folks are looking for.  Perhaps in your opinion.  As everything else continues to advance, and the solution you use continues to remain stagnant, and you enforce the only answer is to remain stagnant, I think users should be informed there are other solutions and let them make up their own minds instead of your petty arguing about how bad it is to upgrade/update anything on account of how awful these upgrades/updates have destroyed your solution.  You make it sound as if these upgrades/updates mindlessly omitted your usage of your outdated solution and are held responsible to fix what they broke... by your own words.  Don't hold your breath.  Instead maybe embrace that there are other solutions constantly keeping up with the times and coordinating with other entities to not only continue the wonderful experience of home theatres but advance with it into the future and take part in state-of-the-art in real time.  This is what avid enthusiasts do.  Otherwise, go dig in your stash and pop a disc into your dedicated player and call it good.  But, if you demand more, and truly would like to participate as a lot folks do, I think awareness is warranted.  Awareness that all our older DVD's, our music CD rips, our newer UHD HDR's and our beloved 3D frame packed titles can be enjoyed and shared with friends and family elegantly using other methods that are not stagnant.  Should this forked version of KODI ever robustly become maintained again, all of my rant might mean nothing to some.  Same with the forked version of KODI DSPlayer.  But in the event they continue to be left in the dust, and devoted users begin to get the itch for more, again, I think a little awareness should not be met with disrespect.  All this said, I have not once promoted any specific alternatives... only that they exist.  Also, keep in mind this is out of respect for my fellow peers.  I have nothing to gain but freely admit, I take pride in helping others and knowing they are happy makes me happy.

You came to this thread and said you don't believe the problem users are experiencing is caused by Windows. When refuted you doubled down and blamed everyone but the root issue, Windows changing something that broke what was working. Everything else is just mud flinging. 

The refresh rate issue isn't exclusive to this version of Kodi but you didn't take 5 seconds to Google that. Here's the first thing Google reports back, last post from 3 weeks ago and oh look, Windows broke "official" Kodi.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329277

Problems with PLEX

https://forums.plex.tv/t/problem-with-di...ing/213327

This is an issue that's been going on since the Fall Creators update of 2017. What WAS working suddenly stopped. For myself and I'm sure many others using Kodi that worked in the manner we like and then suddenly stopped is a big issue. If the solution to that issue is to roll back any Windows update that continue to break this functionality that's hardly "being outdated" if you use your HTPC or NUC or whatever as mainly a Kodi machine. Why do I need to invest more time and money into your alternatives when I can spend 5 minutes undoing Windows forced update and be back watching my movies again in full MVC 3D with lossless immersive audio, enjoy Cinema Vision and go on like so for the next several months until the next forced and still broken update? 

It's not only Windows that has changed something that broke functionality but Intel has as well. Their 8th Gen CPU's are no good for MVC 3D, at least when it comes to Kodi. Should we all ditch our current 7th Gen perfectly working CPU's and spend more money looking for various alternatives because we aren't "advanced" enough for your opinion? 

If this version of Kodi is never again updated and Windows continues to have issues with it's updates I'm perfectly happy to use this outdated, broken and un-maintained version of Kodi with my last gen outdated hardware that still fully functions as I enjoy it to (with only very minor quibbles) and my maintenance will be to keep what I have working until the physical equipment dies completely. Then I'll try and find replacements for this same equipment. I mean I'm not going out to buy a whole new Mercedes because my Dodge got a flat tire. I'll fix the flat. And when people express they are having the issues described I'll inform them of what they need to do. If they want to run out and get a new Mercedes to deal with their flat that's their choice to make.
(2018-10-04, 17:38)K0D1User1138 Wrote: You came to this thread and said you don't believe the problem users are experiencing is caused by Windows. When refuted you doubled down and blamed everyone but the root issue, Windows changing something that broke what was working. Everything else is just mud flinging. 

The refresh rate issue isn't exclusive to this version of Kodi but you didn't take 5 seconds to Google that. Here's the first thing Google reports back, last post from 3 weeks ago and oh look, Windows broke "official" Kodi.

Problems with PLEX

https://forums.plex.tv/t/problem-with-di...ing/213327

This is an issue that's been going on since the Fall Creators update of 2017. What WAS working suddenly stopped. For myself and I'm sure many others using Kodi that worked in the manner we like and then suddenly stopped is a big issue. If the solution to that issue is to roll back any Windows update that continue to break this functionality that's hardly "being outdated" if you use your HTPC or NUC or whatever as mainly a Kodi machine. Why do I need to invest more time and money into your alternatives when I can spend 5 minutes undoing Windows forced update and be back watching my movies again in full MVC 3D with lossless immersive audio, enjoy Cinema Vision and go on like so for the next several months until the next forced and still broken update? 

It's not only Windows that has changed something that broke functionality but Intel has as well. Their 8th Gen CPU's are no good for MVC 3D, at least when it comes to Kodi. Should we all ditch our current 7th Gen perfectly working CPU's and spend more money looking for various alternatives because we aren't "advanced" enough for your opinion? 

If this version of Kodi is never again updated and Windows continues to have issues with it's updates I'm perfectly happy to use this outdated, broken and un-maintained version of Kodi with my last gen outdated hardware that still fully functions as I enjoy it to (with only very minor quibbles) and my maintenance will be to keep what I have working until the physical equipment dies completely. Then I'll try and find replacements for this same equipment. I mean I'm not going out to buy a whole new Mercedes because my Dodge got a flat tire. I'll fix the flat. And when people express they are having the issues described I'll inform them of what they need to do. If they want to run out and get a new Mercedes to deal with their flat that's their choice to make.
 I'm not sure 8th gen CPUs are actually the problem with newer hardware.
(2018-10-04, 17:38)K0D1User1138 Wrote: The refresh rate issue isn't exclusive to this version of Kodi but you didn't take 5 seconds to Google that. Here's the first thing Google reports back, last post from 3 weeks ago and oh look, Windows broke "official" Kodi.

Had you spent 5 seconds to read your google linked search instead of the headline, you'd see I actually posted in that thread months ago exactly what I posted here.

Let me give you a real world, real time example:  Right this very second I'm testing skins for KODI v.18 since I am now using it as a daily driver.  It is common knowledge that every time a new version of KODI is released, multiple changes must be made in skins if you want them to be usable with the new version.  I'm noticing of all the skins I've tested so far, there are only two that don't have what I consider a core function flaw and for hard core users like myself, it's pretty major.  I seriously doubt any of the skinners are aware of the problem and that any of them will get revamped before v.18 is released.  It would take many confirmations by others to raise an eyebrow and that isn't going to happen imo.  But in the event it is problematic down the line for too many, all these skins will need to rework themselves to conform with the new KODI v.18;  Much like how software will need to update and conform to the new Windows 1809 update, let alone the previous updates if they haven't adjusted for them as the software continues to sink deeper into a hole.

So if the problem with many of the skins becomes critical, should the blame and finger pointing be directed at KODI v.18 or the skins themselves?  Folks like yourself will be leading the pack demanding KODI developers fix what they broke.  In essence, KODI shouldn't advance so that the skins will remain what they've always been and likewise either should Windows.  Furthermore your advice would be to not use KODI v.18 because it is evil and to keep living in the past since that is the only sensible thing to do rather than use a skin that updated properly and works.  I don't know about Dodges and flat tires but if your advice to others is to just keep driving slowly on that flat rather than fix it and drive normal, you can keep your advice.  Furthermore, to blame the road instead of your bald tire claiming a new one isn't worth the money is ridiculous.

(2018-10-10, 17:23)brazen1 Wrote:
(2018-10-04, 17:38)K0D1User1138 Wrote: The refresh rate issue isn't exclusive to this version of Kodi but you didn't take 5 seconds to Google that. Here's the first thing Google reports back, last post from 3 weeks ago and oh look, Windows broke "official" Kodi.

Had you spent 5 seconds to read your google linked search instead of the headline, you'd see I actually posted in that thread months ago exactly what I posted here.

Let me give you a real world, real time example:  Right this very second I'm testing skins for KODI v.18 since I am now using it as a daily driver.  It is common knowledge that every time a new version of KODI is released, multiple changes must be made in skins if you want them to be usable with the new version.  I'm noticing of all the skins I've tested so far, there are only two that don't have what I consider a core function flaw and for hard core users like myself, it's pretty major.  I seriously doubt any of the skinners are aware of the problem and that any of them will get revamped before v.18 is released.  It would take many confirmations by others to raise an eyebrow and that isn't going to happen imo.  But in the event it is problematic down the line for too many, all these skins will need to rework themselves to conform with the new KODI v.18;  Much like how software will need to update and conform to the new Windows 1809 update, let alone the previous updates if they haven't adjusted for them as the software continues to sink deeper into a hole.

So if the problem with many of the skins becomes critical, should the blame and finger pointing be directed at KODI v.18 or the skins themselves?  Folks like yourself will be leading the pack demanding KODI developers fix what they broke.  In essence, KODI shouldn't advance so that the skins will remain what they've always been and likewise either should Windows.  Furthermore your advice would be to not use KODI v.18 because it is evil and to keep living in the past since that is the only sensible thing to do rather than use a skin that updated properly and works.  I don't know about Dodges and flat tires but if your advice to others is to just keep driving slowly on that flat rather than fix it and drive normal, you can keep your advice.  Furthermore, to blame the road instead of your bald tire claiming a new one isn't worth the money is ridiculous. 
 Where did I DEMAND Kodi devs fix what they broke? Simply stated Windows has done something that affects refresh rate changes. That buggers things up for people who want to use Kodi as their MVC 3D player. The fix is to roll back the Windows update until Windows doesn't cause the break or a new version of Kodi that plays MVC 3D with Windows updated works. It's not hard to figure out. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And yes, 8th Gen Intel CPU's have also done something to negatively affect MVC 3D playback. Hence why I just bought a new 7th gen to be another dedicated Kodi machine.
(2018-10-10, 20:34)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2018-10-04, 17:38)K0D1User1138 Wrote:  
 If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  
 So, are you enjoying 4k UHD HDR and 3D frame packed with your NUC and the build here or is something not working not to mention the benefits KODI v.18 x64 offers.  Honestly curious as I absorbed your statement above.

(2018-10-10, 20:45)brazen1 Wrote:
(2018-10-10, 20:34)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
 If it ain't broke, don't fix it.   
 So, are you enjoying 4k UHD HDR and 3D frame packed with your NUC and the build here or is something not working not to mention the benefits KODI v.18 x64 offers.  Honestly curious as I absorbed your statement above. 
 Where did I say I have 4K content, let alone a playback device or display, or that I use a NUC?

Did someone suddenly make a sub $4000 4K UHD + full 1080p passive 3D projector I don't know about? And one that doesn't make sub 4K content look like smeared poo? If not, then there's no reason for me to shell out money on equipment that doesn't benefit me and the content I have and will continue to enjoy.

Kodi 17.6 MVC fork works great for me under "old" Windows 10. If newer doesn't give me better but rather breaks and makes unusable, again, why am I looking to fix problems I don't currently have. My Dodge has a flat. I don't need a brand new Mercedes. I need to resolve the flat.
  • 209(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10