• 210(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2018-10-10, 20:34)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2018-10-10, 17:23)brazen1 Wrote:
(2018-10-04, 17:38)K0D1User1138 Wrote: The refresh rate issue isn't exclusive to this version of Kodi but you didn't take 5 seconds to Google that. Here's the first thing Google reports back, last post from 3 weeks ago and oh look, Windows broke "official" Kodi.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329277
Had you spent 5 seconds to read your google linked search instead of the headline, you'd see I actually posted in that thread months ago exactly what I posted here.

Let me give you a real world, real time example:  Right this very second I'm testing skins for KODI v.18 since I am now using it as a daily driver.  It is common knowledge that every time a new version of KODI is released, multiple changes must be made in skins if you want them to be usable with the new version.  I'm noticing of all the skins I've tested so far, there are only two that don't have what I consider a core function flaw and for hard core users like myself, it's pretty major.  I seriously doubt any of the skinners are aware of the problem and that any of them will get revamped before v.18 is released.  It would take many confirmations by others to raise an eyebrow and that isn't going to happen imo.  But in the event it is problematic down the line for too many, all these skins will need to rework themselves to conform with the new KODI v.18;  Much like how software will need to update and conform to the new Windows 1809 update, let alone the previous updates if they haven't adjusted for them as the software continues to sink deeper into a hole.

So if the problem with many of the skins becomes critical, should the blame and finger pointing be directed at KODI v.18 or the skins themselves?  Folks like yourself will be leading the pack demanding KODI developers fix what they broke.  In essence, KODI shouldn't advance so that the skins will remain what they've always been and likewise either should Windows.  Furthermore your advice would be to not use KODI v.18 because it is evil and to keep living in the past since that is the only sensible thing to do rather than use a skin that updated properly and works.  I don't know about Dodges and flat tires but if your advice to others is to just keep driving slowly on that flat rather than fix it and drive normal, you can keep your advice.  Furthermore, to blame the road instead of your bald tire claiming a new one isn't worth the money is ridiculous.  
 Where did I DEMAND Kodi devs fix what they broke? Simply stated Windows has done something that affects refresh rate changes. That buggers things up for people who want to use Kodi as their MVC 3D player. The fix is to roll back the Windows update until Windows doesn't cause the break or a new version of Kodi that plays MVC 3D with Windows updated works. It's not hard to figure out. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And yes, 8th Gen Intel CPU's have also done something to negatively affect MVC 3D playback. Hence why I just bought a new 7th gen to be another dedicated Kodi machine. 
 It seems 8th Gen CPU NUCs have issues with MVC playback but this is not the same as 8th Gen CPUs. My Supermicro with I3-8300S works fine for MVC playback (Just not with the Kodi MVC Build).
I am getting mad when reading this posts  Eek

All the hardware listeted in the google-spreadsheet is PREHISTORIC  Nathan
You can not buy it anymore, or you have to be a fool and pay double then it used to cost in the past,...

I wanted to buy following NUC
Intel NUC Kit NUC7i3DNKE - Dawson Canyon (BLKNUC7I3DNKE)

But who knows if this 7th gen is working with 3D MVC  Huh

So if new hardware isn`t working with the old build, please tell me, then I will stay with my Raspberry,...
Happy to pass the updating duties to anyone who wants to take it on Smile. I'm done with HTPC's in general, not just for MVC. I rely on Zidoo X9S for 3D MVC, and Shield TV for most everything else (and S912 box w/LE as a secondary Kodi box).
(2018-10-29, 20:10)eriche Wrote: I am getting mad when reading this posts  Eek

All the hardware listeted in the google-spreadsheet is PREHISTORIC  Nathan
You can not buy it anymore, or you have to be a fool and pay double then it used to cost in the past,...

I wanted to buy following NUC
Intel NUC Kit NUC7i3DNKE - Dawson Canyon (BLKNUC7I3DNKE)

But who knows if this 7th gen is working with 3D MVC  Huh

So if new hardware isn`t working with the old build, please tell me, then I will stay with my Raspberry,...
Any Gen 7 with HDMI 2.0 port will not work with this Build.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I bought a v5 NUC via eBay - very expensive, but I give it a try,...
Intel® NUC NUC5i5RYH

Will 4k work=?

My plan is to dual boot
1) MVC - Kodi
2) newest one
(2018-10-30, 19:18)eriche Wrote: I bought a v5 NUC via eBay - very expensive, but I give it a try,...
Intel® NUC NUC5i5RYH

Will 4k work=Onboard Video
Intel HD Graphics
1 x HDMI 1.4a
1 x HDB15 VGA

4K playback yes but No HDR

My plan is to dual boot
1) MVC - Kodi Yes
2) newest one
Kodi doesn't support 4K HDR on Windows yest
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2018-10-30, 19:18)eriche Wrote: I bought a v5 NUC via eBay - very expensive, but I give it a try,...
Intel® NUC NUC5i5RYH

Will 4k work=?

My plan is to dual boot
1) MVC - Kodi
2) newest one
4k@60Hz through mini Displayport
4k@30Hz through HDMI port
Hybrid decoding of HEVC video
no HDR support
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Hi all,

yesterday I managed to re-setup my Intel NUC 6CAYH (Win 10 Pro, 8 GB RAM and 120 GB SSD) with your Kodi fork. All the drivers are up to date via intel driver utility, as you described it in post 1 of this thread. My NUC is connected to a Denon AV-Receiver and from there via HDMI with my Benq Beamer.

What I now have issues with are the following points:

- I could not make all the settings you described in your first post in the "Necessary and recommended settings" section. For example I couldn't adjust my extended display settings to 3d, since this option is not available. I also could set the preferred 3d mode in kodi to hardware, as this option isn't given anymore(?). I have the feeling, that Windows thinks, my monitor is a Denon X.... (the AV-R) and not a BenQ TH682.
- when I play a 3D ISO (Passengers or Coco), the beamer always shows top/bottom 3D and I have to set my beamer to "top/bottom" manually. Then it works, but as far as I understood framepackaging should be used as 3d stereoscopic mode automatically?! Is this correct
- I also have these lip sync problems (extremely in Coco 3d) and as far as I got it it comes non-up-to-date drivers?! But mine are. Any info how I can manage / fix that except always manually fixing the lip sync for every movie?
- I also ran TVHeadend with my former Kodi installation under LibreElec. But with your fork I cannot find the TVHeadend client in the repository anymore. Does this version use the same repository as the official Kodi and do all the plugins work, too? Or is it so similar to the official Kodi that there are plugins that don't work anymore (like TVHeadend client, e.g.)?

Thanks and kind regards,

Karlo
Hi,

I have a problem with Kodi 17.6 and the 3d playback on a NUC6CAY. When I start a 3d movie there are picture errors:
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-315d9c...0.jpg.html

On my old Intel NUC (I don‘t remeber the model) it works for many years fine.

My hardware:
Intel NUC6CAY, 8GB Ram, SSD
Direct connected with a Epson TW9200
All drivers are up to date.

Is there a general problem with the NUC6CAY? Or do I config something wrong?

Regads
On my Intel NUC (see above) there are no picture issues when starting 3D. Do you perhaps run 3D in the interlace mode or something like that?

I managed most of my problems with 3D ISO, except that I have the problem if I fast-forward or stop the movie and want to continue on the last position, the film and sound are not synchronous anymore. When I start the film from beginning, everything is synchronous.

Is there a solution?
Can someone help we with the following: https://paste.kodi.tv/norufupeyu.kodi

Code:
WARNING: CDVDInputStreamBluray - unhandled libbluray event 2 [param 0]

After playback of two 3D .iso's playback in Kodi suddenly stops. It happens random after halfway through the movie. 
When I playback the same .iso file with PDVD 18 I have no problem at all. The fault also occurs when I switch to HDMI 2.0 port of my Intel NUC and chose the Interlaced option for 3D.
[font][font][font]Hi,[/font][/font][/font]
[font][font][font][font]thank's for the tips. I have only 3D BluRay ISO files. I run it in prefered mode like on my old NUC. I’m wondering that on my old NUC it works always fine (17.4).[/font][/font][/font][/font]
So would it be better to get a 7th generation i3 instead of a 8th generation for 3d MVC?
Video HTPC: Intel i3-6100T, ASUS H170I-PRO, 8 GB-DDR4,128GB SSD, Silverstone LC19
Gaming HTPC: Intel i5-3570, ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe, 8GB-DDR3, 128 GB SSD, Bitfenix Prodigy Black
Why would it be better, what makes you conclude that?

The problems are mostly with the (non-native) HDMI 2.0 output in the case of 3D. So if you aim 3D, than a motherboard or a NUC with a native HDMI 1.4a output should be fine (but note that no 4K / 60Hz and HDR with HDMI 1.4a).
Yup, MVC not working on any 7th Gen NUC, and I'm guessing it applies to the 8th gen as well.
  • 210(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10