• 211(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Looking to build a new, faster system. Trying to read up on all the best requirements but all this NUC talk just messes it up. For a dedicated HTPC with MVC 3D you need native HDMI 1.4? But 4K HDR (for the future) needs HDMI 2.0? I do know some of this but I'm just confirming.

I believed 8th gen Intel CPU's had some issue with MVC 3D. Has that been resolved? 

Basically looking for the best i5 or if needed i7 options for hopefully MVC 3D and 4K HDR through Kodi with full HD Dolby Atmos and dts:X output.

If not a naitvie HDMI output on a motherboard is there a video card that will achieve all of the above?
All modern video cards achieve everything you require and more using even the most ancient CPU's because all the tasks are hardware decoded via the GPU as opposed to trying to do the same with a strong modern CPU that only software decodes and still struggles.  Using one video card port with one HDMI cable handles anything you throw at it including 3D MVC Frame Packed and UHD HDR with every HD audio perfectly and reliably.  I use a 10 year old Xeon CPU and a 2 generation old nVidia GTX 960 4GB for example.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-01-20, 22:25)brazen1 Wrote: All modern video cards achieve everything you require and more using even the most ancient CPU's because all the tasks are hardware decoded via the GPU as opposed to trying to do the same with a strong modern CPU that only software decodes and still struggles.  Using one video card port with one HDMI cable handles anything you throw at it including 3D MVC Frame Packed and UHD HDR with every HD audio perfectly and reliably.  I use a 10 year old Xeon CPU and a 2 generation old nVidia GTX 960 4GB for example.
 On a Windows 10 machine using Kodi as the only playback system?

Using which drivers and installation method?
W10 with external player(s) launched seamlessly from KODI (v.18 LEIA presently) using the method in my sig.  Been doing it this way for years because I know of nothing better that meets all my demands reliably.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
So again you answer a question with some information but leave out plenty of caveats and don't actually provide a proper response to the question asked?

This thread title features native-3D MVC Playback. Your solution doesn't answer my question or contribute to the purpose of this thread.
(2019-01-20, 21:09)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Looking to build a new, faster system. Trying to read up on all the best requirements but all this NUC talk just messes it up. For a dedicated HTPC with MVC 3D you need native HDMI 1.4? But 4K HDR (for the future) needs HDMI 2.0? I do know some of this but I'm just confirming.

I believed 8th gen Intel CPU's had some issue with MVC 3D. Has that been resolved? 

Basically looking for the best i5 or if needed i7 options for hopefully MVC 3D and 4K HDR through Kodi with full HD Dolby Atmos and dts:X output.

If not a naitvie HDMI output on a motherboard is there a video card that will achieve all of the above?
My previous post applies only for Intel CPU's in the case if you're using only the IGP for display. So yes, NO 3D MVC with (non-native) HDMI 2.0 outputs in these cases.

In the case of a modern dedicated video card you're fine with presumably a native HDMI 2.0a output for both 3D MVC and 4K / HDR playback. For 4K / HDR: an Nvidia 1030 or an AMD RX 550 would be required as a minimum.
Apologies if I'm not following along fully. It's late but I wanted to clarify my understanding.

So with Intel CPU and on-board graphics 7th Gen and even 8th Gen processors will provide Kodi MVC 3D with full HD Atmos/dts:X audio passthrough  if the motherboard has HDMI 1.4 but not HDMI 2.0a?

An NVidia GPU with HDMI 2.0a will provide both 4K HDR and MVC 3D with full HD Atmos/dts:X audio passthrough directly through Kodi? If so, is there a good resource to follow to get this set-up running?

THX!
@afedchin any plans for a MVC build based on Leia after it got released?
(2019-01-27, 00:24)Morpog Wrote: @afedchin any plans for a MVC build based on Leia after it got released?
If I'm not mistaken, he stopped support sometime back.
(2019-01-27, 00:43)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2019-01-27, 00:24)Morpog Wrote: @afedchin any plans for a MVC build based on Leia after it got released?
If I'm not mistaken, he stopped support sometime back. 
That's not really what he said, he put his priority on the UWP version (although that's looks to be a dead end in the future).

Leia is a no go for me, good 3D support is non existing with that on my setup, so I stick to 17.6 (till my current TV will be replaced).
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
I'm currently focused on solving issues in Leia. if somebody can build kodi manually then use this branch https://github.com/afedchin/xbmc/tree/mvc.v18
I really tried hard to build it, but after hours it fails at buildsetup.bat

CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.13/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:137 (message):
  FFmpeg 3.3 not found, please consider using -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON
  (missing: FFMPEG_INCLUDE_DIRS FFMPEG_LIBAVCODEC FFMPEG_LIBAVFILTER
  FFMPEG_LIBAVFORMAT FFMPEG_LIBAVUTIL FFMPEG_LIBSWSCALE FFMPEG_LIBSWRESAMPLE
  FFMPEG_LIBPOSTPROC) (found version "3.3")
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.13/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:378 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/modules/FindFFMPEG.cmake:157 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  cmake/scripts/common/Macros.cmake:349 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:171 (core_require_dep)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "C:/Users/Stephan/kodi/kodi-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/Users/Stephan/kodi/kodi-build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
------------------------------------------------------------
---------------
   ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR
---------------
ERROR: "Kodi.EXE failed to build"
------------------------------------------------------------
Press any key to exit...
follow instructions from https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Compile_Kodi_for_Windows
I did....

Seems that building ffmpeg fails when running make-mingwlibs.bat. As it takes about 2 seconds only...

make-mingwlibs.bat
vswhere.bat: VC vars already configured for x64
starting mintty shell
exiting msys environment

No error message though Sad
FFMPEG finally started to build Smile
  • 211(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10