• 212(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Well, but building Kodi failed with about 800 warnings and 2 errors....

Will try again from scratch another day.
show the errors.
Tried again today, strangely this time it's 10 errors....

"C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\ALL_BUILD.vcxproj" (Standardziel) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\kodi.vcxproj" (Standardziel) (12) ->
"C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj" (Standardziel) (14) ->
(ClCompile Ziel) ->
  C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\xbmc\guilib\StereoscopicsManager.cpp(199): error C2065: "g_advancedSettings": nichtdeklarierter Bezeichner [C:\Use
rs\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
  C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\xbmc\guilib\StereoscopicsManager.cpp(201): error C2065: "g_advancedSettings": nichtdeklarierter Bezeichner [C:\Use
rs\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
  c:\users\stephan\kodi\xbmc\cores\videoplayer\dvdcodecs\video\mfx\BaseFrameAllocator.h(13): fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht
 geöffnet werden: "mfxvideo.h": No such file or directory (Quelldatei wird kompiliert C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\DVDCode
cs\Video\mfx\BaseFrameAllocator.cpp) [C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
  c:\users\stephan\kodi\xbmc\cores\videoplayer\dvdcodecs\video\mfx\BaseFrameAllocator.h(13): fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht
 geöffnet werden: "mfxvideo.h": No such file or directory (Quelldatei wird kompiliert C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\DVDCode
cs\Video\mfx\GeneralAllocator.cpp) [C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
cs\Video\mfx\SysMemFrameAllocator.cpp) [C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
cs\Video\mfx\D3D11FrameAllocator.cpp) [C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
  c:\users\stephan\kodi\xbmc\cores\videoplayer\dvdcodecs\video\MFXCodec.h(20): fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werd
en: "mfxcommon.h": No such file or directory (Quelldatei wird kompiliert C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\DVDCodecs\Video\MFXC
odec.cpp) [C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
  C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\xbmc\cores/VideoPlayer/DVDCodecs/Video/MFXCodec.h(20): fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werd
en: "mfxcommon.h": No such file or directory (Quelldatei wird kompiliert C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\VideoRenderers\WinRe
nderer.cpp) [C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
  C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\xbmc\cores/VideoPlayer/DVDCodecs/Video/MFXCodec.h(20): fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werd
en: "mfxcommon.h": No such file or directory (Quelldatei wird kompiliert C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\VideoRenderers\WinRe
nderBuffer.cpp) [C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
  C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\DVDCodecs/Video/MFXCodec.h(20): fatal error C1083: Datei (Include) kann nicht geöffnet werd
en: "mfxcommon.h": No such file or directory (Quelldatei wird kompiliert C:\Users\Stephan\kodi\xbmc\rendering\dx\RenderSystemDX.cpp) [C:\U
sers\Stephan\kodi\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]

966 Warnung(en)
    10 Fehler
please update from the repo and run BuildSetup.bat twice (second one will be much faster)
Hi there, i have a short question about Kodi and MVC playback.
Sorry that i enter this thread - i already posted in the video support subforum but it seems, there is nobody who knows the answer.

I run Kodi 18.0 on a new gemini-lake system under Lubuntu 18.10 and have a video projector connected with hdmi.

As far as i understand, Kodi is able to decode MVC, at least i can playback a MVC-mkv in 2d with small quality problems.
For the 3d output there are 2 possibilities - hardware-based and software-based 3d-frame-pack output. Right?

Now it seems, that the hardware-based output is even on gemini-lake boards still problematic. There is the opportunity to choose hardware-based output in Kodi, but in reality this does not work.
So i tried to get the software based encoding running, but it does not work. When i follow some of the posts here, it seems everything depends on ffmpeg and its capabilities. So i looked at there site and found this filter-documentation at their site:
3d-filters
As you can see, the last output-filter is a "HDMI frame pack"-filter. It looks like this filter should give out the wished 3d-frame-pack stream.

So my question is, how can i use this filter in Kodi?
(2019-01-28, 23:59)afedchin Wrote: please update from the repo and run BuildSetup.bat twice (second one will be much faster)
 It build successfully! Will try on my HTPC as soon I can get a free timeslot from my girlfriend Big Grin
Building KODI makes me really wanna update my System, it took ages Smile

I will post again when I have tried it.
(2019-01-29, 21:44)Morpog Wrote:
(2019-01-28, 23:59)afedchin Wrote: please update from the repo and run BuildSetup.bat twice (second one will be much faster)
 It build successfully! Will try on my HTPC as soon I can get a free timeslot from my girlfriend Big Grin
Building KODI makes me really wanna update my System, it took ages Smile

I will post again when I have tried it.

Share the build to test please. Thanks
Hi @afedchin

so I could try it and here are my results:

1st try:
I Installed it over my existing MVC Kodi installation (December 2017 Build) which worked well and all the settings were still there. But it was very unstable.
- MVC Blu-ray ISOs instantly crashed Kodi
- 2D Blu-ray ISOs played well
- PVR Live TV also frequently crashed Kodi
- enabling 3D just for the Kodi menu worked well

2nd try:
I uninstalled everything, deleted the profile and reinstalled the new build.
- MVC Blu-rays ISOs played well and activated my active 3D glasses, but the movie wasn't 3D at all and it was a pain to watch
- 2D Bluray ISOs played well
- PVR live TV was running well and stable

Is this because I built a 64Bit release? I wasn't able to build a 32 Bit one though.

@aurelmarius
as you can see it's not worth sharing that build
(2019-01-31, 20:14)Morpog Wrote: - MVC Blu-rays ISOs played well and activated my active 3D glasses, but the movie wasn't 3D at all and it was a pain to watch
Left/right switch? I remember that when this was wrong, you get a really strange output. You can easily check this, hold the left glass for the right eye and visa versa.

I would also wanna test your build, maybe more testers will bring a bit more info then one?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2019-01-31, 20:48)p750mmx Wrote:
(2019-01-31, 20:14)Morpog Wrote: - MVC Blu-rays ISOs played well and activated my active 3D glasses, but the movie wasn't 3D at all and it was a pain to watch
Left/right switch? I remember that when this was wrong, you get a really strange output. You can easily check this, hold the left glass for the right eye and visa versa.

I would also wanna test your build, maybe more testers will bring a bit more info then one?  
I tried left/right eye flip, but that didn't help unfortunately.

Here you go, will share that build for a few days: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq1uQOxemKiDwnkDEm0YMLjtE56b
Thank you @Morpog. Tested on my haswell nuc with passive 3d and this are the results: Tv auto switch in 3d mode but the movie is not watchable. Left eye is the main movie and right eye the kodi interface with dark video inside. I made a video.
My test-results with this build on a reserve test-system (not yet on my 4k HDMI 2.a 3D system).
Using a Haswell i5 4250U CPU with Intel® HD 5000 iGP and the output is a HDMI 1.4 port going to a Full HD 1080p passive 3D monitor (3D in 720p).

Test files: https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples#3D_Test_Clips

1) 3D ISO sample with pop-out and depth (A Turtle's Tale 3d)
2) 3D-full-MVC
3) Ant-Man 3D ISO Test Clip.3D

Kodi is detecting the samples as 3D and switching the monitor to hardware based 3D
Left eye picture seams okay but right is dark as remarked by other users. Switching left <eye> right, switches the dark picture also, nothing else.

Selecting Interlaced 3D with the same samples, gives a much better 3D picture. No dark image on left or right, and there is dept. But what should lies in the back in the picture seems to be in front sometimes and that gives a strange output. You can see it at best with the Turtle sample with the big fish that should come from the back.

Later on I will change to another test HTPC with Kaby Lake hardware en HDMI 2.0a output, using the same monitor.

Edit: hooked on my other system (HDMI 2.0a).
No hardware 3D available in 3D setting (as expected with HDMI 2.0), so switched to Interlaced immediately. Same effect as described before but now I noticed something very strange.
When looking down on my monitor (so from above, standing up), at 50-60cm distance, the 3D image is perfect with great depth and pop-out and everything is in place. When going trough my knees, the picture gets worse 3D and when in horizontal front of my monitor, 3D picture is bad again as I described before.

Will hook up the other system again and test this same thing. So the great news is, there can be a very good 3D picture, but not from a very practical viewing point Wink

As an extra remark I should say that till this moment, a never could get a 3D picture at all with Kodi 18, so this already is a win Smile

Edit 2: back to my first test setup (HDMI 1.4).
In Hardware mode. In regards of the dark issue, when looking from above as described, 1 screen is complete darker, not black, just darker. The other one is fine. No 3d picture.
Switching to Interlaced and standing up again, perfect 3D picture, depth and pop-out.

@afedchin, any tips for other settings?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
thanks for feedback but I have no time to fixing it right now. I have no 3D TV anymore
Hi @afedchin,

would it help collecting some money in the community and sending you to buy a small used 3DTV?

Anyways, as the first build was 64Bit, I tried building a 32Bit one but it already fails at downloading the dependencies. Any ideas?
I tried different mirrors from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/timestamp.txt?mirrorlist but with no success.
Quote:==================================================
Getting libbluray-1.0.2-mvc-Win32-vc141.7z...
Downloading libbluray-1.0.2-mvc-Win32-vc141.7z...
libbluray-1.0.2-mvc-Win32-vc141.7z|Download of https://mirror.netcologne.de/xbmc//build...2-vc141.7z failed
One or more packages failed to download
ERROR: Not all formed packages are ready!

I tried to get the packages from https://mirror.netcologne.de/xbmc/;
if this download mirror seems to be having problems, try choosing another from
the list on http://mirrors.kodi.tv/list.html, and setting %KODI_MIRROR% to
point to it, like so:
  C:\> SET KODI_MIRROR=http://example.com/pub/xbmc/

Then, rerun this script.
(2019-02-02, 10:13)Morpog Wrote: Anyways, as the first build was 64Bit, I tried building a 32Bit one but it already fails at downloading the dependencies. Any ideas?
I tried different mirrors from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/timestamp.txt?mirrorlist but with no success.
open file: project/BuildDependencies/scripts/0_package.target-win32.list  and change file name from
Quote:libbluray-1.0.2-mvc-Win32-vc141.7z
to 
Quote:libbluray-1.0.2-mvc-Win32-v141.7z
(without c before 141)
  • 212(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10