• 219(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Yes
Now my NUC7i3BNH is also working with MVC :-)

Problems seems to be old drivers, which could not be diretly updated.

So how to install new driver:
Deinstall old graphic driver (internet disconnected) -> reboot -> install actual DHC driver (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...CH-Drivers) -> reboot

Afterwards "hardware-based" option is possible in Kodi-MVC and looks great :-)

See also in the intel community:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...CH-Drivers

Thank you so much for integrating MVC support in Kodi 18!
Hope, further versions will also be supported :-)
Kodi 19.3 Intel NUC7I3BNH [Kaby Lake i3-7100U/HD620 graphics] | Windows 10 - 21H2 [1920x1080/60Hz]
LG OLED65G19 | Yamaha V4A AV-Receiver
I'll try this out, hopefully it works for me. I have the same Nuc. Do you happen to know what HDMI firmware you have?
As far as I can see, both componentes (TV and AV-Receiver) have HDMI v1.4
Kodi 19.3 Intel NUC7I3BNH [Kaby Lake i3-7100U/HD620 graphics] | Windows 10 - 21H2 [1920x1080/60Hz]
How are the chances, that this new Intel-driver will be integrated into the Linux world soon?
Does somebody know maybe?
does the NUC with the i5-8259U work or work only the older ones gen 7?
Not working here with an 7th gen NUC.
@Shadow128, you should mention the rest of your setup (model TV, maybe using a receiver?).
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2019-03-04, 12:50)Shadow128 Wrote: Now my NUC7i3BNH is also working with MVC :-)

Deinstall old graphic driver (internet disconnected) -> reboot -> install actual DHC driver (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...CH-Drivers) -> reboot

Shadow128 - thanks for this update!!  Very Exciting!!
OK I have the NUC7i3BNK (the slim version of the NUC7i3BNH) and have just installed and updated windows to the latest (1809? I think?), updated all drivers, uninstalled the old graphics driver and installed the DHC driver.   Rebooted.

I'm using a JVC projector that has been very solid for 3d with raspberry pi's running kodi.

Unfortunately - I'm still not seeing the option for "Hardware-based" option in Kodi Display settings for 3d. (using the linked download at the start of this forum for the v18 latest release)

Were there perhaps any other Windows-side settings you dealt with? 

For me - windows-display settings shows 1920x1080p with 3d enabled.  I went through the (now hidden due to the DHC) intel graphics options due adjust settings as per the instructions on page 1 of this forum.

Any other suggestions?  Trying to decide if I should return the nuc and go with raspberry pi which makes 3d just so easy!! (but no bitstreaming HD audio obviously)
(2019-03-06, 13:21)p750mmx Wrote: @Shadow128, you should mention the rest of your setup (model TV, maybe using a receiver?).
 Hi p750mmx
I updated my signature with my system data :-)
(2019-03-08, 22:01)Astrocyte74 Wrote: Shadow128 - thanks for this update!!  Very Exciting!!
OK I have the NUC7i3BNK (the slim version of the NUC7i3BNH) and have just installed and updated windows to the latest (1809? I think?), updated all drivers, uninstalled the old graphics driver and installed the DHC driver.   Rebooted.
Unfortunately - I'm still not seeing the option for "Hardware-based" option in Kodi Display settings for 3d. (using the linked download at the start of this forum for the v18 latest release)
Any other suggestions?  Trying to decide if I should return the nuc and go with raspberry pi which makes 3d just so easy!! (but no bitstreaming HD audio obviously) 
Hi Astrocyte74

I don't know, if it was important, but did you disabled your Internet Connection during deinstalling old drivers and installing new drivers? That was a hint in the Intel forum.

Then I checked/activated 3D in the windows display settings and "hardware based" was shown in the Kodi settings.
(2019-03-09, 16:41)Shadow128 Wrote:
(2019-03-08, 22:01)Astrocyte74 Wrote: Shadow128 - thanks for this update!!  Very Exciting!!
Hi Astrocyte74

I don't know, if it was important, but did you disabled your Internet Connection during deinstalling old drivers and installing new drivers? That was a hint in the Intel forum.

Then I checked/activated 3D in the windows display settings and "hardware based" was shown in the Kodi settings. 
Thank you for your setup update Wink

The reason you get the "hardware" option in Kodi is almost certainly related to the rest of you hardware and the HDMI 1.4 ports on those devices.
When using HDMI 2.x ports in all of the connected devices (HTPC, receiver and/or TV), then I don't think one gets the "hardware" 3D option. I don't get it, no matter how I install the latest driver. I get it when I use a HDMI 1.4 connection, but not when using the 2.x port.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2019-03-09, 16:55)p750mmx Wrote:
(2019-03-09, 16:41)Shadow128 Wrote:  
The reason you get the "hardware" option in Kodi is almost certainly related to the rest of you hardware and the HDMI 1.4 ports on those devices.
When using HDMI 2.x ports in all of the connected devices (HTPC, receiver and/or TV), then I don't think one gets the "hardware" 3D option. I don't get it, no matter how I install the latest driver. I get it when I use a HDMI 1.4 connection, but not when using the 2.x port.    
OK thanks Shadwow128 and p750mmx!
Very interesting!  Would have never thought of that!
Yes my receiver and projector are both HDMI 2.0 - so that's the difference!   Are you aware of anyway to force the NUC to output HDMI 1.4? (as Shadow 128's set up is since his TV is HDMI 1.4).
Nothing in Bios (I tried disabling CEC - no effect).  I tried an old HDMI cable - no effect.  I suppose there is the HDFury route, but that's not cheap!  Thanks for any suggestions!
(2019-03-08, 22:01)Astrocyte74 Wrote:
(2019-03-04, 12:50)Shadow128 Wrote: Now my NUC7i3BNH is also working with MVC :-)

Shadow128 - thanks for this update!!  Very Exciting!!

I'm using a JVC projector that has been very solid for 3d with raspberry pi's running kodi.

Were there perhaps any other Windows-side settings you dealt with? 

For me - windows-display settings shows 1920x1080p with 3d enabled.  I went through the (now hidden due to the DHC) intel graphics options due adjust settings as per the instructions on page 1 of this forum.

The difference I see from his to mine, is that his chain contains HDMI 1.4 (receiver and tv) in it and it's working for him. I have the same NUC, my chain is all HDMI 2.0 and it does not work.

MVC will totally work on HDMI 1.4.
Is the PS175 display port to HDMI 2.0 conversion chip only found in mother boards?
  • 219(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10