• 224(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2019-05-24, 19:36)bdreams Wrote:
(2019-05-23, 23:47)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Just keeps crashing despite changing the RAM, downgrading to the Kodi 18.1 fork and anything else I can think of. Final note in the log is Large Audio Sync issue. I need someone with a better understanding of what the logs are saying or what the system should/shouldn't be doing to shed some light here.

All drivers are up to date per Windows telling me so. All Windows updates have been run. All settings are done as best per the setup instructions of this thread. 3D works, but it crashes. And it works better when in debugging mode.

All of these movies run fine on a similar system including some streamed over a network on an off-the-shelf NAS that gives other issues in file transfer speeds.

Adding more info. Tried playing Solo 3 times and all 3 times it crashed. Then turned on System Logging and Solo played through fully. So again it works but it doesn't. Why does debugging on work but turned off it crashes?

And hosting the movie locally on the SSD in the PC produces the same results so it's not a network bandwidth error or something funny happening on the host server machine.

You might have a graphic driver issue read the first page of this thread and look at hdmkv compatibility hardware doc. Look for the intel section and try the older windows driver gfx_win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3540 had the same issue good luck. 

Thanks for the info. I will look into this.

Just seems so odd that a movie crashes when playing "normally" but turning on logging actually, usually, works.
(2019-05-23, 23:47)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Just keeps crashing despite changing the RAM, downgrading to the Kodi 18.1 fork and anything else I can think of. Final note in the log is Large Audio Sync issue. I need someone with a better understanding of what the logs are saying or what the system should/shouldn't be doing to shed some light here.

All drivers are up to date per Windows telling me so. All Windows updates have been run. All settings are done as best per the setup instructions of this thread. 3D works, but it crashes. And it works better when in debugging mode.

All of these movies run fine on a similar system including some streamed over a network on an off-the-shelf NAS that gives other issues in file transfer speeds.

Adding more info. Tried playing Solo 3 times and all 3 times it crashed. Then turned on System Logging and Solo played through fully. So again it works but it doesn't. Why does debugging on work but turned off it crashes?

And hosting the movie locally on the SSD in the PC produces the same results so it's not a network bandwidth error or something funny happening on the host server machine.

You might have a graphic driver issue read the first page of this thread and look at hdmkv compatibility hardware doc. Look for the intel section and try the older windows driver gfx_win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3540 had the same issue good luck.  

This.....

2 movies worked all the way through so far. Seems to have done the trick!

Posting again because I have a question. Seems Windows decided to install the newer Intel driver over the one noted that got MVC 3D working properly. Do you know how to turn this off? I've not had the chance to play around with it yet but might get an answer before I''m able to dig into it myself.
Quick Google search brings up multiple methods; here’s one.
Thank you so much for this work.

The 8.2 RC build works fine to decode / 3D-display when i directly choose first title or play from the BD playlist.

When i try to play from the BD menu (just tested with one BD so far), kodi crashes: It does play the first video clip, some 10 seconds showing the producer company - in 3D, and then it crashes, when it tries to show the second clip (some copyright notice).

It works fine with 18.2 proper. It also works fine with the mvc version when i disable stereo-decoding of the MVC part in system config. Fine means that kodi gets through playing all clips up to main BD from which i can start the movie (2D or 3D). All other system config options don't seem to change the outcome (outcome = crash or no crash).

Can't see anything useful in kodi.log. Should i enable specific components to be logged ?

https://paste.kodi.tv/olimikedif.kodi

How do i uplod the crash log ? kodi_crashlog-18.2-RC1 Git_20190407-nogitfound-20190531-074118
pastebin doesn't maintain a binary file, right ?

Thanks for any help!
Sad 
On a windows 10 Ndivia system (1050 Ti), the last Kodi 17 MVC build runs fine with libmfxsw32.dll installed into the Kodi directory. 
The latest Kodi 18 MVC build (April 7, 2019) unfortunately not. Same effect as if libfmxsw32.dll is not installed - no picture.
(2019-06-09, 17:42)te36 Wrote: On a windows 10 Ndivia system (1050 Ti), the last Kodi 17 MVC build runs fine with libmfxsw32.dll installed into the Kodi directory. 
The latest Kodi 18 MVC build (April 7, 2019) unfortunately not. Same effect as if libfmxsw32.dll is not installed - no picture.
If I'm not mistaken the 18 MVC build = 64bit. Maybe you should use the libfmxsw64.dll version?

I'm using a Nvidia 1060 on one of my test systems. I don't use the hardware 3D setting (test-monitor = 3D passive), but the Interlace setting. This gives me a 3D picture on this system with various 3D files (SBS/TB/MVC).
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2019-06-09, 19:25)p750mmx Wrote: If I'm not mistaken the 18 MVC build = 64bit. Maybe you should use the libfmxsw64.dll version?

u'r right
Hi,

as Kodi 17 MVC built doesn´t work on Windows 10 v1803, has anyone tested the Kodi 17 or 18 3D MVC built on the new Windows 10 v1903?

Thank you
Video HTPC: Intel i3-6100T, ASUS H170I-PRO, 8 GB-DDR4,128GB SSD, Silverstone LC19
Gaming HTPC: Intel i5-3570, ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe, 8GB-DDR3, 128 GB SSD, Bitfenix Prodigy Black
Thumbs Up 
(2019-06-14, 22:54)Coolio510 Wrote: Hi,

as Kodi 17 MVC built doesn´t work on Windows 10 v1803, has anyone tested the Kodi 17 or 18 3D MVC built on the new Windows 10 v1903?

Thank you
Don't know why you assume that Kodi 17 MVC didn't work on v1803? Can't recall that it didn't.

Anyhoe: 18 3D MVC built on the new Windows 10 v1903 << works over here Nod
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
It did not work for me and I think for many others.
I had a working Kodi 17 MVC on Windows 10 v1709 and the movies were sent to the TV in FULL HD frame packed 3D.
After the update to v1803 I never get 3D back on working. I rolled windows back and everthing was fine again.

So how you get it working on v1803?
Video HTPC: Intel i3-6100T, ASUS H170I-PRO, 8 GB-DDR4,128GB SSD, Silverstone LC19
Gaming HTPC: Intel i5-3570, ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe, 8GB-DDR3, 128 GB SSD, Bitfenix Prodigy Black
(2019-06-15, 00:33)Coolio510 Wrote: It did not work for me and I think for many others.
I had a working Kodi 17 MVC on Windows 10 v1709 and the movies were sent to the TV in FULL HD frame packed 3D.
After the update to v1803 I never get 3D back on working. I rolled windows back and everthing was fine again.

So how you get it working on v1803?
Can't answer that specific, I always upgraded my Windows installation, so also to 1803. I can't recall any problems with that.
Maybe it's hardware (or driver) specific? I've upgraded to HDMI 2.0a before 1803 so Frame packed 3D was already out of the picture with that. With my setup that was not a problem.
After comparing hardware based 3D with Interlaced passive 3D on a 4k TV (with 2 test-systems), there was not one reason to hold on to the frame packed setup.

Edit: @te36, not anymore. You can read my signature to see the (2015) Oled model I have. The 2016 Oled models were also able to display 3D and then LG pulled the plug on that with the newer models. When I made the step to 4k Oled, I did that with my HTPC's also, and so I discovered that the 17 MVC build of Kodi could be used for Hardware Based 3D trough HDMI 1.4 and Full HD 3D on my 4K TV, by using the Interlaced method. I did a comparison some time ago, placed in this topic.
Will have to get back to testing with NVidia re. the MVC decode.

Got side-tracked by getting a new AMD Mobo, but the onboard GPU on Ryzen 5 2400G windows 10 kodi 18.2 does not like to output hardware based 3D, whatever input i give it. *sigh* anybody have 3D kodi output working on an AMD NPU ?

Opened another thread to ask the same question: here
(2019-06-09, 21:09)afedchin Wrote:
(2019-06-09, 19:25)p750mmx Wrote: If I'm not mistaken the 18 MVC build = 64bit. Maybe you should use the libfmxsw64.dll version?

u'r right 
Now i would just need to find libfmxsw64.dll somewhere to test that theory. A URL to it on the first post of yours in this thread would then be lovely.

Anybody got an idea where to find it ?
(2019-06-15, 11:49)p750mmx Wrote: Edit: @te36, not anymore. You can read my signature to see the (2015) Oled model I have. The 2016 Oled models were also able to display 3D and then LG pulled the plug on that with the newer models. When I made the step to 4k Oled, I did that with my HTPC's also, and so I discovered that the 17 MVC build of Kodi could be used for Hardware Based 3D trough HDMI 1.4 and Full HD 3D on my 4K TV, by using the Interlaced method. I did a comparison some time ago, placed in this topic.
Trying to parse what you say:

Your current (from signature) 2018 panel OLED does NOT support 1.4 HDMI 3D input mode anymore ??

It does support passive 3D line interlaced for 4K signals ?

The 4K passive 3D sounds great, but not-supporting standard 1.4 HDMI 3D input does not make much sense given how all BD DV players only output that format, right ? Is there any commercial BD player that can upsample to the 4K line-interleaved format you use ?

Aka: Why would LG put money into the polarizing layer in the display to then only support a format no commercial DVD player supports...

Surely i am completely confused and misintepret what you meant to say ;-))
  • 224(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10