• 231(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2020-01-19, 21:38)360° Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 15:28)hdmkv Wrote: Important Points about Compatible Hardware:
  • Compatible h/w is "prehistoric" as one user put it recently. Any 7th gen HTPC/NUC with only a HDMI 2.0 port will not work with this build (but, may work w/non-DisplayPort pure 2.0)

did anyone test out the rather new NUC8i5INH/ NUC8i7INH ?
Check out Page 20 of the technical product specifications:
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/suppor...NH_TPS.pdf

i bought the i7 version with win 10 yesterday, bluray 3D works perfect with powerdvd 19 ultra. 
I want to display 3D MKV MVC files on my Epson 5040UB projector which has an HDMI 1.4 input and an HDMI 2.0 input.  I've been using PowerDVD Ultra 19 with my older NUC (NUC7i7BNH) with Windows 10 and cannot get the 3D MKV MVC files to display as 3D with the NUC connected to the HDMI 1.4 or 2.0 connector with Windows 10 3D turned on and resolution set to 1920x1080 24 Hz.  The files display as 2D.

If I upgrade to the NUC8i5INH or NUC8i7INH is 3D MKV MVC file playback possible in 3D?  My projector only has the HDMI inputs mentioned I'm not familiar with DisplayPort re: if a DisplayPort connector is required on the display device?  Thanks
Just a note for those suffering from HDMI 2.0 issues with an HDMI 2.0 switcher/reveiver but who dont need HDMI 2.0 support.

My setup is I3-8300 with LSPCON/2.0 port to an HDMI 2.0 Receiver to an HDMI 1.4 TV.  Initially 3D would not work likely because the LSPCON enables when it sees an HDMI 2.0 port (Edid modification does not seem to change this) but inserting an older HDFury Doctor (NOT the 4K one) dropped the port back to HDMI 1.4 and made it work for 3D.
(2020-02-08, 06:06)WynsWrld98 Wrote:
(2020-01-19, 21:38)360° Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 15:28)hdmkv Wrote: Important Points about Compatible Hardware:
  • Compatible h/w is "prehistoric" as one user put it recently. Any 7th gen HTPC/NUC with only a HDMI 2.0 port will not work with this build (but, may work w/non-DisplayPort pure 2.0)

did anyone test out the rather new NUC8i5INH/ NUC8i7INH ?

i bought the i7 version with win 10 yesterday, bluray 3D works perfect with powerdvd 19 ultra.  
I want to display 3D MKV MVC files on my Epson 5040UB projector which has an HDMI 1.4 input and an HDMI 2.0 input.  I've been using PowerDVD Ultra 19 with my older NUC (NUC7i7BNH) with Windows 10 and cannot get the 3D MKV MVC files to display as 3D with the NUC connected to the HDMI 1.4 or 2.0 connector with Windows 10 3D turned on and resolution set to 1920x1080 24 Hz.  The files display as 2D.

If I upgrade to the NUC8i5INH or NUC8i7INH is 3D MKV MVC file playback possible in 3D?  My projector only has the HDMI inputs mentioned I'm not familiar with DisplayPort re: if a DisplayPort connector is required on the display device?  Thanks 
Is the NUC connected directly to the projector or to a receiver?

If you are connected to an HDMI 2.0 device then first update the LSPCON:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...N-NUC7i7BN
(2020-02-11, 10:27)Krobar Wrote:
(2020-01-19, 21:38)360° Wrote: did anyone test out the rather new NUC8i5INH/ NUC8i7INH ?

I've tried it both through my Denon X6300H and direct to the Epson 5040UB and get 2D both ways.  Obviously I couldn't leave it connected directly to the Epson 5040UB because I'd have no audio but I tried it anyway but no go.
(2020-02-11, 10:27)Krobar Wrote:
(2020-01-19, 21:38)360° Wrote: did anyone test out the rather new NUC8i5INH/ NUC8i7INH ?

I've tried it both through my Denon X6300H and direct to the Epson 5040UB's HDMI 1.4 input and the HDMI 2.0 input and get 2D no matter what.  Obviously I couldn't leave it connected directly to the Epson 5040UB because I'd have no audio but I tried it anyway but no go.
Would anyone know why bitstreaming is not working for me? It works for my other official version of Kodi but not this one? I have set WASABI output. Anything else i need to do?

Thanks!
(2020-01-20, 11:31)360° Wrote:
(2020-01-20, 01:37)noggin Wrote:

Those models have AMD graphics on-board rather than using Intel gfx?  
that's correct, the amd 540x has native DP 1.4 HDR / HDMI 2.0b / HDCP 2.2 support, so these models are probably more future proof.

if i did understand this correct, the other NUC either have:
- one native HDMI 1.4b with MVC/S3D and one HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 but no MVC/S3D support.
- one Thunderbolt 3 USB-C (DP1.2 with MVC/S3D) and one HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 but no MVC/S3D support. (USB-C to HDMI adapter cable required)
So if you want to use 4K/ HDCP 2.2 and MVC/S3D, you have to change the video output depending on the content, unless you get a separate solution for 4k streaming.
I just bought a Nuc8i5inh, have the Displayport 1.4 connector connected to an HDMI adapter then HDMI to HDMI 1.4 input on my Epson 5040UB projector and get 3D with latest PowerDVD. But to get audio I connected NUC's HDMI 2.0 connector to my Denon X6300H AV receiver but the NUC won't come up with both of those connected perhaps it is only outputting video on the HDMI connector not on the Displayport 1.4 connector when both are connected? If something connected to both the HDMI 2. 0 connector and the Displayport 1.4 are both active? I'm guessing I have to run the Displayport 1 4 cable direct to my Epson otherwise I'd introduce an HDMI 2.0 conversion going through the Denon. Any advice?
Hi,

I have NUC7i5BNK (HDMI 2.0 + USB-C with DP 2.1), Yamaha RX-V771 AV, Epson 5030Ub projector. AV is connected with NUC by HDMI cable.

With @afedchin builds I can play MVC 3d movies with frame packed output to projector. I cannot play files with HDR movies though, as these build cannot do tone mapping.

I've just tried latest @Morpog kodi18 build. It can play 4k HDR movies fine. It can decode MVC but cannot do frame packed 3d output. Kodi only suggests SBS or over/under or anaglyph modes.

Is it possible to get 3d fully functional in this build with my hardware?

I'm also considering to install both builds and switch between them depending on video content. But it is not a fun and seamless experience. I'd like to avoid it by all means.
After reading quite a long time now it is time to register... ;-)
Reading through a lot of forums I found here the key to my goal, a Multimedia-PC which can do MVC Playback.
So I want to thank @afedchin ,@Morpog ,@hdmkv and all the others who contributed so much and put so much efford and time into this project to keep it alive!
Due to my lack of programming abilities I am sorry I can only contribute a very little bit; some data for @hdmkv's list:

3D BluRay MVC, ripped to mkv by M***MKV works flawlessly, as smooth as you can expect at 23,976 fps and without any stuttering on the following system:

Intel i3-6100
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H
2x4GB Crucial DDR4-2133
Asus Xonar D1
Toshiba RC100 M.2 120GB (Win10/Kodi v17.6 MSDK MVC WIP - Multimedia only)
Adata SSD 240GD (Linux Mint - Multi-Purpose-System)
Chinese 200W Pico-PSU-Clone with modified Playstation-supply attached
LG 40" LED Monitor with passive 3D

Unfortunately I cannot say much about the sound, I haven't got a modern sound system connected to this computer and use preferably my headphones.

By the way, for the interested: This system needs only about 30W, even with a 3,5"/5400 HD attached. Quite a good power/price deal in my opinion.
(2020-02-26, 11:21)MadMMPC Wrote: After reading quite a long time now it is time to register... ;-)
Reading through a lot of forums I found here the key to my goal, a Multimedia-PC which can do MVC Playback.
So I want to thank @afedchin ,@Morpog ,@hdmkv and all the others who contributed so much and put so much efford and time into this project to keep it alive!
Due to my lack of programming abilities I am sorry I can only contribute a very little bit; some data for @hdmkv's list:

3D BluRay MVC, ripped to mkv by M***MKV works flawlessly, as smooth as you can expect at 23,976 fps and without any stuttering on the following system:

Intel i3-6100
Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H
2x4GB Crucial DDR4-2133
Asus Xonar D1
Toshiba RC100 M.2 120GB (Win10/Kodi v17.6 MSDK MVC WIP - Multimedia only)
Adata SSD 240GD (Linux Mint - Multi-Purpose-System)
Chinese 200W Pico-PSU-Clone with modified Playstation-supply attached
LG 40" LED Monitor with passive 3D

Unfortunately I cannot say much about the sound, I haven't got a modern sound system connected to this computer and use preferably my headphones.

By the way, for the interested: This system needs only about 30W, even with a 3,5"/5400 HD attached. Quite a good power/price deal in my opinion.

Graphics card?
The internal Intel HD Graphics 530.
Does anyone have a 99% stable MVC system?

I'm running a D54250WYK, but I get regular GPU crashes.  This isn't usually during playback, just the UI itself, sometimes when resuming the system.  I'd like to replace the NUC with something more reliable, but I don't know what's safe to buy.  I'm still using HDMI 1.4 everywhere.
(2020-03-11, 18:34)Skirge01 Wrote: Does anyone have a 99% stable MVC system?

I'm running a D54250WYK, but I get regular GPU crashes.  This isn't usually during playback, just the UI itself, sometimes when resuming the system.  I'd like to replace the NUC with something more reliable, but I don't know what's safe to buy.  I'm still using HDMI 1.4 everywhere.

Mine is stable although not a NUC type system. It is a NAS using a Supermicro X11SCA-F. The NAS runs multiple VMs including a Kodi Windows VM which has the Intel graphics passed through to it, the system and host OS use the separate IPMI VGA.

It works with the HDMI 1.4 output (Passive display port adapter). It also works with the HDMI 2.0 output as long as the next device in the chain is HDMI 1.X. I had to disable standby in the VM (Although in my case it makes virtually no difference at all).
@afedchin I'm trying to build the MVC branch merged with the 18.6 tag. All goes well until during Buildsetup.bat I get this error:

upnp.vcxproj -> C:\git\xbmc2\kodi-build\build\upnp\Release\upnp.lib
  WinRenderer.cpp
C:\git\xbmc2\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\VideoRenderers\WinRenderer.cpp(1017): error C2440: 'initializing': cannot convert from 'initializer list' to 'SRenderBufferDesc' [C:\git\xbmc2\kodi-build\libkodi.vcxproj]
  C:\git\xbmc2\xbmc\cores\VideoPlayer\VideoRenderers\WinRenderer.cpp(1017): note: No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous

Any idea what might be wrong?
Tried 18.2 on i7-6xxxx (620 GPU) laptop connected to Pioneer VSX-933 -> Epson TW5650. Tested Dr. Strange 3D bluray (not rip) - 3D worked in Up-Down but sound output was 2.1even though passthrough and sync framerate were set.
Must say that ghosting that appeared with Sony BDP6700 were mostly eliminatedby this setup.
Nicely done!
  • 231(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10