• 234(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2020-08-08, 12:48)robl45 Wrote: Why use this versus the dsplayer build? I've been using that for 2 years plus now. I know I tried this previously but there was something or other that wouldn't work correctly.

Well...., this is a good reason why not: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2948511

@Krobar, nope, not yet. I've disconnected my Windows 3D player sometime ago and then came the heat Smile But if you don't update the current version, someday I will connect it again and test this build Smile
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2020-08-17, 18:19)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi,
For me, v18.7 is working good. Many thanks… Only left eye first i must manally activate).
New intel i7 8300 windows 10 (with stopupdates) and latests intel drivers .
Just one question :
Inside intel driver configuration, are you using rgb or ycbr ?
Limited range or full range ? 16/235 or not ?

Note my hdmi is 1.4
Thanks
I'm using RGB Full Range.

My understanding is that Kodi converts to RGB to process video and most displays are natively RGB not ycbcr. Happy to be corrected on this if I'm wrong.

This means:
In RGB mode:
YCbCr Source -> Convert to RGB for processing -> Display
In YCbCr mode:
YCbCr source -> Convert to RGB for processing -> Convert back to YCbCr for Display output -> Convert back to RGB for Display -> Display
(2020-08-20, 15:59)Krobar Wrote:
(2020-08-17, 18:19)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi,
For me, v18.7 is working good. Many thanks… Only left eye first i must manally activate).
New intel i7 8300 windows 10 (with stopupdates) and latests intel drivers .
Just one question :
Inside intel driver configuration, are you using rgb or ycbr ?
Limited range or full range ? 16/235 or not ?

Note my hdmi is 1.4
Thanks
I'm using RGB Full Range.

My understanding is that Kodi converts to RGB to process video and most displays are natively RGB not ycbcr. Happy to be corrected on this if I'm wrong.

This means:
In RGB mode:
YCbCr Source -> Convert to RGB for processing -> Display
In YCbCr mode:
YCbCr source -> Convert to RGB for processing -> Convert back to YCbCr for Display output -> Convert back to RGB for Display -> Display

Hi
Thank you.
So do I, but i vas not shure.
Regards. And 3D power 👍
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
(2020-08-08, 12:48)robl45 Wrote: dsplayer build? I've been using that for 2 years plus now

Are you using iso files or mk3d with DS Player? I can play iso files after mounting fine with DS Player, but not directly within Kodi itself as dsplayer does not support ISO files.
I just convert to mkv. The subtitles never worked outside of mkv
I'm trying to get an Optiplex 7020 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 to work as a HTPC. But so far no luck. As soon as I enable 3D in Windows settings the system gets really unstable and when trying to play 3D-MVC video it crashes. And it hangs really frequently during normal use. All gets stable again when I disable 3D.

I'm using the old driver recomended for this chipset.

Any thoughts?
(2020-09-06, 19:20)pelle74 Wrote: I'm trying to get an Optiplex 7020 with Intel HD Graphics 4600 to work as a HTPC. But so far no luck. As soon as I enable 3D in Windows settings the system gets really unstable and when trying to play 3D-MVC video it crashes. And it hangs really frequently during normal use. All gets stable again when I disable 3D.

I'm using the old driver recomended for this chipset.

Any thoughts?
I just saw I read the table wrong. I should use the current drivers with this chipset. But that doesn't work either.
So I'm working on an 18.8 build but have finally narrowed down the right eye first issue.

The right eye first issue occurs when using MKV which are marked as right eye first. The display will change to 3D mode and the codec info will report "block_rl" mode for the codec instead of the normal "block_lr". The problem is it displays the same eye in both frames so the picture is completely flat.

Workaround:
Open the file in MKVToolNixGui header editor
Expand the video and change the "Video stereo mode" from 14 to 13
Save the change
Now you will get a proper 3D effect from Kodi with this file but will need to enable the swap eyes option

I have had a look at trying to fix this but unfortunately I'm not much of a programmer and have never done anything with C. A variable called hints.stereo.mode seems to be used to store the determined 3D mode / right eye first from the MKV and I could easily disable that behaviour but I cannot see a function to manipulate the user swap eyes function and it seems like a less than ideal fix anyway. @afedchin can you offer any help or advice on how to fix this issue?
(2020-09-14, 09:40)Krobar Wrote: So I'm working on an 18.8 build but have finally narrowed down the right eye first issue.

The right eye first issue occurs when using MKV which are marked as right eye first. The display will change to 3D mode and the codec info will report "block_rl" mode for the codec instead of the normal "block_lr"… ..

Hi Krobar.
I find this in ghithub. I'm not shure but may be it can help
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...11dc24d799
Regards
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
Is there a wiki or a guide for the required patches or commits that need to be applied or cherry picked to ffmpeg and kodi to 18.7 or previous releases to make this work? I have some coding experience and can have a look if I can rebuild with the latest version.
(2021-02-06, 17:40)damagedspline Wrote: Is there a wiki or a guide for the required patches or commits that need to be applied or cherry picked to ffmpeg and kodi to 18.7 or previous releases to make this work? I have some coding experience and can have a look if I can rebuild with the latest version.

The build process is the standard Kodi build. You just need to merge the mvc.v18 branch from here https://github.com/afedchin/xbmc with the standard Kodi 18 branch.

I managed to stop the right eye first detection which at least allows me to then set switch eyes in the GUI and right eye first titles are then OK. I'm more interested in fixing the <1536 SPF DD+ streaming problems but unfortunately it seems that is beyond my skills.
(2021-02-06, 18:11)Krobar Wrote: The build process is the standard Kodi build. You just need to merge the mvc.v18 branch from here https://github.com/afedchin/xbmc with the standard Kodi 18 branch.

I managed to stop the right eye first detection which at least allows me to then set switch eyes in the GUI and right eye first titles are then OK. I'm more interested in fixing the <1536 SPF DD+ streaming problems but unfortunately it seems that is beyond my skills.

I will try to resync the code to latest sometime during next week.
Regarding the DD+ issue, i saw you reported it since Mar last year. I can say that as long as i have been running kodi on windows i've had
the same audio issue on 2 different hosts where passthrough stopped working altogether. They never reproduced on libereelec. Workaround was simple, whenever the hdmi audio stopped working i did a full cold boot cycle and it started working. It happened to me today - twice.k
I will keep all my updates to this reply not to pollute the main thread.

Update 1:
I have resynced the mvc.18 branch on top of the 18.9 Leia release and installed after build.
1) Once I opened Kodi it looked as if the desktop was overlaid by Kodi and the screen was showing both Kodi and the desktop one over the other.
2) Ignoring the issue above, I tried running the Aquaman 3D Blu-ray (via makemkv) and the connected projector automatically entered 3D mode. Sadly, it looked like it was constantly showing only one eye and not one by one. DTS-HD passthrough worked fine.
I will try again tomorrow with another laptop, different cable and the Ghost In The Shell 3D blu-ray (Dolby Atmos).
@Krobar The test tomorrow with the Dolby Atmos is for you.

Update 2:
I was too anxious to test so couldn't wait.
Tested on WhiskeyLake NUC (Up-Down, not Hardware based) & Haswell laptop (HW based) with a different cable - both worked fine.
Tested Aquaman 3D (DTS-HD) and Ghost In The Shell 3D (Dolby Atmos) - both worked fine.
So here is the link to my build on google drive: 18.9
Please let me know if all is ok.

Update 3:
Link updated with correct sharing settings for everyone.
Thank you for that new build, I by myself got no time anymore to do new builds unfortunately (married, kid, job....).

I just tried it quickly and it seems to work fine.

What doesn't work anymore for me (happened also with 18.7 build, haven't tried older ones), is that it doesn't activate 3D Mode in Windows anymore. I need to manually enable it and then it works fine in Kodi. After the movie stops it correctly stops 3D Mode. Not sure if that was coming from an update of my AVR or if it was the update to Windows 10 20H2.
Thanks @damagedspline, I updated the first post.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
  • 234(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10