• 235(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2021-02-11, 19:43)Morpog Wrote: What doesn't work anymore for me (happened also with 18.7 build, haven't tried older ones), is that it doesn't activate 3D Mode in Windows anymore. I need to manually enable it and then it works fine in Kodi. After the movie stops it correctly stops 3D Mode. Not sure if that was coming from an update of my AVR or if it was the update to Windows 10 20H2.

Windows 10 20H2 caused 3D Mode to permanently engage for me if I tick the box in display properties. I rolled back the Windows feature update which fixed it.
(2021-02-10, 13:57)damagedspline Wrote: I will keep all my updates to this reply not to pollute the main thread.

Update 1:
I have resynced the mvc.18 branch on top of the 18.9 Leia release and installed after build.
1) Once I opened Kodi it looked as if the desktop was overlaid by Kodi and the screen was showing both Kodi and the desktop one over the other.
2) Ignoring the issue above, I tried running the Aquaman 3D Blu-ray (via makemkv) and the connected projector automatically entered 3D mode. Sadly, it looked like it was constantly showing only one eye and not one by one. DTS-HD passthrough worked fine.
I will try again tomorrow with another laptop, different cable and the Ghost In The Shell 3D blu-ray (Dolby Atmos).
@Krobar The test tomorrow with the Dolby Atmos is for you.

Update 2:
I was too anxious to test so couldn't wait.
Tested on WhiskeyLake NUC (Up-Down, not Hardware based) & Haswell laptop (HW based) with a different cable - both worked fine.
Tested Aquaman 3D (DTS-HD) and Ghost In The Shell 3D (Dolby Atmos) - both worked fine.
So here is the link to my build on google drive: 18.9
Please let me know if all is ok.

Update 3:
Link updated with correct sharing settings for everyone.

Thanks for picking this up.

The issue with bitstreaming DD+ is much more specific; it affects certain HDDVD sourced tracks, here is an example:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lVRBsvp...sp=sharing
Hi,  many thanks for that new build. 
​​I just tried it quickly and it seems to work fine.
Launch some 3D movies,  dd , dd+ ,dts,  dts hd 5.1 and 7.1 
3D ok,  pathrought ok
And for the first time for me :  one tine revert to 2d after stop. 
Switch 3d decode seems working
Very good job. 
Regards
Win10 + stopupdates,  pathrought,  beamer Epson 8300
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
Anyone planning to do a Kodi 19 MVC build?
(2021-02-20, 10:55)Morpog Wrote: Anyone planning to do a Kodi 19 MVC build?

I dont know enough to do that right now. My understanding is the build process downloads a patched version of FFMpeg for use with the 3D build. Because the base version of FFMPEG has changed in Kodi 19 we would need a new patched version of FFMPEG on top of any changes need to the normal code. @afedchin is the only one who I know who has managed this in the past.
(2021-02-21, 21:12)Krobar Wrote:

I dont know enough to do that right now. My understanding is the build process downloads a patched version of FFMpeg for use with the 3D build. Because the base version of FFMPEG has changed in Kodi 19 we would need a new patched version of FFMPEG on top of any changes need to the normal code. @afedchin is the only one who I know who has managed this in the past.

IIRC there where patch files in the ffmpegfolder which got applied while building it. Maybe that still works?
(2021-02-22, 13:41)Morpog Wrote:
(2021-02-21, 21:12)Krobar Wrote:

IIRC there where patch files in the ffmpegfolder which got applied while building it. Maybe that still works?

If no one else does I might find time to give it a try on Sunday.
(2021-02-22, 14:45)Krobar Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 13:41)Morpog Wrote:
(2021-02-21, 21:12)Krobar Wrote: I dont know enough to do that right now. My understanding is the build process downloads a patched version of FFMpeg for use with the 3D build. Because the base version of FFMPEG has changed in Kodi 19 we would need a new patched version of FFMPEG on top of any changes need to the normal code. @afedchin is the only one who I know who has managed this in the past.

If no one else does I might find time to give it a try on Sunday.
I gave it a quick shot a couple of days ago - DXVA has been completely rewritten. Unlike the the switch from 18.7 to 18.9, this time it will take much more effort.
Code rebase to Matrix is progressing... Slowly...

FFMPEG patch - DONE
DVD/BR decode layer - DONE
DXVA & new renderer layer - WIP

I am still trying to backtrack the logic behind the changes to DXVA in order to apply them to the new Windows renderer layer implementation.

Some additional info:
In order to resync the old code faster, I had to squash all of the MVC commits to a single commit and cherry-pick it on top of the master branch. Using commit rebase simply created a mess of merge conflicts.

One last note:
When I overviewed the code it raised a question - Why no one also did it with VA-API for Linux? Having a LibreELEC derivative with MVC would be DA BOMB.
Nice work... guys, when there's a new build, please PM me so I can add it to post #1. I gave up on HTPC's a while ago, so don't check this thread regularly.
(2021-03-01, 21:02)damagedspline Wrote: Code rebase to Matrix is progressing... Slowly...

FFMPEG patch - DONE
DVD/BR decode layer - DONE
DXVA & new renderer layer - WIP

I am still trying to backtrack the logic behind the changes to DXVA in order to apply them to the new Windows renderer layer implementation.

Some additional info:
In order to resync the old code faster, I had to squash all of the MVC commits to a single commit and cherry-pick it on top of the master branch. Using commit rebase simply created a mess of merge conflicts.

One last note:
When I overviewed the code it raised a question - Why no one also did it with VA-API for Linux? Having a LibreELEC derivative with MVC would be DA BOMB.
Big thanks for doing this. I would love Linux/Libreelec MVC support. Not sure if I'm the only one but Windows feature update 2004 and up breaks 3D on my setup.
One of the recent updates broke it on mine with kodi dsplsyer. I had to rollback but what does the future hold of 3d doesn't work in windows anymore
Hi
For windows, I use StopUpdate10
Once configured, no update that crashes the 3d
Actually : 3d work fine

Thank you very much for this enormous work
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
(2021-03-02, 18:10)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi

doesn't help if you buy new pc
(2021-03-02, 18:10)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi

Keep in mind you will need at least Windows 1703 ("Creators Update") to get HDR support if DamagedSpline can manage to create a Kodi 19 build. For me 1909 is the last good Windows 10 version with my Intel IGP.
  • 235(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10