• 243(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Kodi 19.2 has been released, I will make a matching MVC release once I fix the recently found issue where the 3D rendering is broken on some systems.

Possible changes in 19.2 that might have impact on the MVC port:
Quote:Fixed: possible crash when switching monitors due to adding/removing hardware.
Improved: flip discard swap chain is used on all Windows 10 systems even if graphics driver does not support latest DirectX feature levels.
Improved: 10-bit swap chain is used by default on Windows 10 systems when HDR display is detected (for 8-bit SDR video sources too).
(2021-10-09, 09:21)udobroemme Wrote: It's still available: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3012945

Thanks, I'm not sure how I missed that.
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
@damagedspline, I'm trying to keep post #1 up to date for forum users' benefit (as I left HTPC's behind quite a while ago for 3D use in favor of Zidoo media player). Is there a single place I can link to for all your working MVC builds? Or the latest 19.x? I linked to 18.9.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2021-10-13, 01:08)hdmkv Wrote: @damagedspline, I'm trying to keep post #1 up to date for forum users' benefit (as I left HTPC's behind quite a while ago for 3D use in favor of Zidoo media player). Is there a single place I can link to for all your working MVC builds? Or the latest 19.x? I linked to 18.9.

Sadly the builds are scattered all over this thread...
I a few days I will post the link to the new 19.2 build. There is an issue on some systems where the 3D screen rendering part is broken (the decoding works fine). The upcoming 19.2 will not include a fix to that. I will release the fix later in the future.

Also, there were massive changes in the rendering part in the mainline 19.2 , but those did not affect the issue for better or worse.
Might be time to start a new thread as the discussions in this one span years with so much information that isn't relevant any longer.
Someone want to take that on? Smile I can then ask a mod to close this one.
I've got go say, I've never been so frustrated with anything in my life. I've got a Lenovo laptop with an item i5 6200u plugged in via HDMI to an Epson HC3800 and what an absolutely disqusting experience this has been. Why the heck does it keep changing to 4k 24p when I haven't chosen that in display modes on any all or setting..I've tried many different drivers and even a madvr/mpc-be/hc combo which almost worked but still didn't. I'm ready to smash this laptop record myself doing so. Sorry if overly dramatic. I'm so frustrated. My only other device is an NVIDIA shield which NVIDIA didnt enable 3d on.
(2021-10-15, 00:09)hdmkv Wrote: Someone want to take that on? Smile I can then ask a mod to close this one.

Yes, I will open the new thread with the announcement of the new release. I will ping you to post the redirection post and close the thread.

Current bugs of MVC 19.2 in my WIP env - which I want to sort out before the release announcment:
1) The issue where the rendering fails on some machines
2) Eye inversion doesn't always work
(2021-10-16, 17:35)SE11 Wrote: I've got go say, I've never been so frustrated with anything in my life. I've got a Lenovo laptop with an item i5 6200u plugged in via HDMI to an Epson HC3800 and what an absolutely disqusting experience this has been. Why the heck does it keep changing to 4k 24p when I haven't chosen that in display modes on any all or setting..I've tried many different drivers and even a madvr/mpc-be/hc combo which almost worked but still didn't. I'm ready to smash this laptop record myself doing so. Sorry if overly dramatic. I'm so frustrated. My only other device is an NVIDIA shield which NVIDIA didnt enable 3d on.

Are you using the latest 19.1? or a previous release?
In regards to the rendering issue of the 3D content , something is way off in kodi...
For example, running Microsoft stereoscopic test app works fine on my setup in either fullscreen or windowed. If I am starting kodi in 3D mode (I removed the auto enable 3d change for this test as it disables 3d on start), kodi ui is broken while in fullscreen but works ok when windowed. While kodi is running in 3d mode, Microsoft's test is also broken when in fullscreen mode.

Huh

I decided to release the 19.2 build next week after i do some additional testing, it will work for most people with Intel GPU that had everything working in 19.1 - works fine on my intel gen10 laptop and haswell based laptop. For now the rendering issue will remain unresolved for some people...
(2021-10-22, 16:05)damagedspline Wrote: In regards to the rendering issue of the 3D content , something is way off in kodi...
For example, running Microsoft stereoscopic test app works fine on my setup in either fullscreen or windowed. If I am starting kodi in 3D mode (I removed the auto enable 3d change for this test as it disables 3d on start), kodi ui is broken while in fullscreen but works ok when windowed. While kodi is running in 3d mode, Microsoft's test is also broken when in fullscreen mode.

Huh

I decided to release the 19.2 build next week after i do some additional testing, it will work for most people with Intel GPU that had everything working in 19.1 - works fine on my intel gen10 laptop and haswell based laptop. For now the rendering issue will remain unresolved for some people...

Thank you for working on this. Have you seen or heard of anyone else having issue with no 3D effect when content is marked as Right Eye First? (Normal left eye first content works fine).
(2021-10-22, 16:05)damagedspline Wrote: For now the rendering issue will remain unresolved for some people...

Not so good news for me... Sad
But thank you anyway for all the work you've put into this. Maybe in the future you'll find some time to fix the issue.

Btw: Which Windows and Intel driver versions are you using? I'd like to check if those work on my Intel Nuc test system.
(2021-10-22, 23:40)udobroemme Wrote: Not so good news for me... Sad
But thank you anyway for all the work you've put into this. Maybe in the future you'll find some time to fix the issue.

Btw: Which Windows and Intel driver versions are you using? I'd like to check if those work on my Intel Nuc test system.

This is only temporary as I intend to solve this - it is affecting my newly built system (Intel J4105).

Intel UHD 600 - 30.0.100.9864
Win10 Pro - Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
(2021-10-22, 17:27)Krobar Wrote: Thank you for working on this. Have you seen or heard of anyone else having issue with no 3D effect when content is marked as Right Eye First? (Normal left eye first content works fine).
Nope... My guess is that all of these issues are related. The fix that will solve everything might be to rewrite the entire DX usage (DeviceResources.cpp) & the system render to match MS stereoscopic demo application's usage code. This is why I also plan on make a fast release with the current 19.2 build I have - it will take a few weeks to solve and it would be a shame to delay it for people that have everything working ok on 19.1....
(2021-10-23, 15:13)damagedspline Wrote: This is only temporary as I intend to solve this - it is affecting my newly built system (Intel J4105).
That's good news. Big Grin

I'll try your setup. Thanks for the ultrafast reply.
New release - v19.2 - no additional fixes, just code sync-up - tested on Intel 10th gen laptop.

I have created a new thread that accommodate all of the releases I made for v19 and above [Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
 - first post is still WIP
  • 243(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10