A way to hide rule violations from new posts
Since alot of users cant seem to read or understand that banned addons aren't supported and keep on posting dumb posts complaining about their crappy addon breaking kodi, my question is as follow

is it possible to hide those said rule violations from us regular users?
cause when i look at new threads here its like 50% crap threads on rule violations.
it's only 10% ;-)

i'm not aware of any such functionallity in our forum software.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
if the trashcan was only viewable by mods wouldnt that be a solution?

also

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=426

might work, cause lets face it it is pretty pointless to have all of those locked threads displayed for users.
I think the Garbage and Violation section should be public for 2 important reasons.

1) If it was only visible to mods then it will appear that the posts have just been deleted. This look like censorship.

2) The offending poster would not know what their violation was.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
When I join a forum I invariably spend a while (sometimes years!) reading before posting. If new users don't see the trash you'll inevitably get more posts that need to be super-modded.
the mod that i linked offers the poster and the mod access to the post and i doubt that anyone here would consider removing violations to a hidden forum "censorship"
(2016-03-30, 18:35)trogggy Wrote: If new users don't see the trash you'll inevitably get more posts that need to be super-modded.

I have to agree with that.
(2016-03-30, 18:35)trogggy Wrote: When I join a forum I invariably spend a while (sometimes years!) reading before posting. If new users don't see the trash you'll inevitably get more posts that need to be super-modded.

Exactly right.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I like to read them for the entertainment value lol
(2016-04-05, 04:38)carl535 Wrote: I like to read them for the entertainment value lol
Lol, so do I. Although I do feel very bad for those that got scammed into buying a fully loaded box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A way to hide rule violations from new posts0