Mini M8S (AmlogicS905) 2GB RAM 8GB ROM(eMMC) WiFi/BT remote/power SPDIF $36.99/£25.64
(2016-08-08, 18:14)abdomsr Wrote: i have a Xiaomi controller can you please guys suggest for me some good games to play with it
@abdomsr, none of what you are asking has anything to do with Kodi so you will not get any help here, try other (non-Kodi) Android forums.

I have this box and ROM V03 off Freaktab, I upgraded from ROM V02.

I used MX player off Google player to play some files the inbuilt movie player could not handle.

My Kodi is version 16.1 updated off Google play.

I notice in Kodi on this s905 box that if I try to select more than 2 channel audio it locks.

I can select up mix audio though.

I have terrible slow broadband and only a 1080 HD TV so cannot comment on 4k abilities. I just use HDMI to TV for Kodi and TV player apps.

Filmom app works but Filmon in Kodi stutters , probably my slow broadband.

Kodi video wise, I notice that there is a big difference depending how original was captured and then video quality scaled down. Occasionally very high def captures streamed at SD 750, almost looks 3D, with depth.

Have seen this effect when using iPlayer too. The transmission or encoding highly affect quality, I am guessing !
(2016-08-08, 18:13)abdomsr Wrote: i think the certificate wasn't fake i have give it to the customs and get the tv box

Nicely done, so if I read right your cheap China kodi device did have a valid CE certificate, which was accepted by customs and your device was released to you once you provided them with the certificate ?

This device can be considered amongst the lowest priced available at under 40 dollars, and it appears to have valid CE certificates. Can't really argue with that.
Hi all
Have had this box for about a couple of months now and it has not given any problem running kodi,
The only thing is now the remote got broken and I cant find a proper replacement remote for it. Bought one of the net for the m8 but it didnt work.
does anyone know if this works with any other remote out there Please.
Thanks
There is a lot of generic remotes that should work with M8S. I am surprised that your new remote doesn't work. Can you give us a link where you bought that remote? Maybe you can make that remote work.
ebay.co.uk/itm/331566851763
The seller, after inquiry said it only works with the M8S not the M8S mini. Found that odd but when checked none claim to work with the mini.
It's not odd. M8S and mini M8S are completely different devices. Chinese people have odd logic when it comes to naming devices Smile

However, I thought you bought some generic remote especially for mini M8S or some universal remote with usb receiver.
I'm afraid that your new remote wont work on your tv box.

I would suggest you to buy some universal remote for android OS with usb receiver. Something like this one.
Beside standard remote, you will have air mouse and qwerty keyboard. It's really useful.
or one of these Blush
https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Keyb...eyboard%2C
I have this box and I am quite Satisfied with the Performance. Running The integrated Software Player The box is capable of playing 4K h265. The issue is the output over HDMI. Only the core of HD audio tracks is output. 
kodi 18.7 and 19.2 are capable of playing the movie files but there is no audio output, whether over hdmi nor over spdif optical output.

does anyone have some experience with this box and kodi?
Install CoreELEC!?
(2021-10-26, 20:56)Jönke Wrote: Install CoreELEC!?

I did copy the files to a micro as card, but booting from this we card won’t work. Short and long pressing the Reset key is not helping.

anyone got an idea?
(2021-11-04, 17:45)Starfighter1956 Wrote:

I did copy the files to a micro as card, but booting from this we card won’t work. Short and long pressing the Reset key is not helping.

anyone got an idea?

What box? Which CoreElec version did you use?
And CE is not installed by "copying files to an uSD card" but by burning the selected CE Image with a suitable program like this one.
(2021-11-04, 20:50)Sholander Wrote:
(2021-11-04, 17:45)Starfighter1956 Wrote:

anyone got an idea?

And CE is not installed by "copying files to an uSD card" but by burning the selected CE Image with a suitable program like this one.
The mini M8s amlogic s905 Box.
I uses the newest coreelec version and installed it according to this guide into the as card:

https://github.com/betatester3016/CoreEL...g-CoreELEC

now I want to boot from sd card.
(2021-11-12, 19:02)Starfighter1956 Wrote:
(2021-11-04, 20:50)Sholander Wrote:
(2021-11-04, 17:45)Starfighter1956 Wrote: I did copy the files to a micro as card, but booting from this we card won’t work. Short and long pressing the Reset key is not helping.

anyone got an idea?

The mini M8s amlogic s905 Box.
I uses the newest coreelec version and installed it according to this guide into the as card:

I asked which CoreElec version, as there are 2 latest stable versions. CoreElec 19.3-Matrix for new Amlogic boxes and CoreElec 9.2.8-Leia for older boxes.
You should use 9.2.8 version for your box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini M8S (AmlogicS905) 2GB RAM 8GB ROM(eMMC) WiFi/BT remote/power SPDIF $36.99/£25.640