Various backgrounds questions and suggestions
Hi! Smile I'm having fun playing with this fantastic skin but, as I think it's normal, as a newcomer I'm left with several questions.

1) I find problematic to understand the interactions between Skin Settings/Home/Customize Main Menu/Select Background, Skin Settings/Art Management and the Skin Settings/Backgrounds different options. Is there a guide somewhere?

2) For instance I can't stop Pictures to display fanart zoomed in images (from the pictures folders) when browsing, without eliminating all custom fanarts everywhere in the skin.

3) Weather fanart. If I go to Skin Settings/Art Management/Root Folder for Custom Weather Fanarts and I try to select the \addons\resource.images.weatherfanart.multi\resources\ folder, Weather stops using fanart. I think it defaults to \addons\resource.images.weatherfanart.single\resources but is this to say that one cannot have multiple weather backgrounds for different weather conditions?

4) This is a question/suggestion. When browsing media through different List views (normal, large, low, banner), you have an animation when the selector is on the ".." entry (up one directory), which is quite grating. Couldn't there be a way to keep the width of the list fixed? I don't think this effect gets any positive result, it's just annoying. I suggest having the left panel just disappearing (leaving fanart) and fading in as soon as an actual media content is selected.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
1) The Backgrounds section in skin settings is to change the backgrounds in the whole skin. The backgrounds in home menu editor are only for the home screen.
2) Yes, an option to disable pictures fanart is missing. I'll add it for the next release.
3) Yes only a single fanart for each weather condition. In the next release i'm going to add full support for Kodi image resources with a proper selector.
4) You can disable the animation in skin settings > Home > Disable auto sliding animations of list views.

Thanks

Tgx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Various backgrounds questions and suggestions0